Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
don't think you're helping here donald

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...%3D3510%23pti16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Mein gott

:vince: :pusheen:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah i bet when the FBI started their investigation in mid 2016 it was to make up for the dems upcoming loss i am new to this multi dimensional chess

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dizz posted:

Actually wouldn't resigning from presidency also remove specific protections it would give him? seems like that'd just make judicially capping him easier

Only if President Pence/Ryan/Mad Dog aren't willing to go all Ford for him and issue a pardon before he gets convicted of turbotreason (which is a secret level of treason that is reserved for "bigly treason, just trememdous. Sick (and Sad!)" to quote Alexander Hamilton's writing in Protocols of the Elders of Federalism.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

thathonkey posted:

yeah i bet when the FBI started their investigation in mid 2016 it was to make up for the dems upcoming loss i am new to this multi dimensional chess

time is a dimension too :lost:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Cthulu Carl posted:

Only if President Pence/Ryan/Mad Dog aren't willing to go all Ford for him and issue a pardon before he gets convicted of turbotreason (which is a secret level of treason that is reserved for "bigly treason, just trememdous. Sick (and Sad!)" to quote Alexander Hamilton's writing in Protocols of the Elders of Federalism.

So that means he won't get hosed? what a letdown.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Is devin Nunes stifling my lols? Also, lol at a senator from CA being republican. I thought CA was the biggest blue oasis in the country. I mean I know there's northern CA that has shitholes akin to WV and such, but I didn't think anybody lived there, or if they did, I just assumed they were all ex-felons (or current ones) that couldn't vote

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I can't hold all these lols

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Imagine four balls on a cliff. Trump works the same way.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Cacafuego posted:

Is devin Nunes stifling my lols? Also, lol at a senator from CA being republican. I thought CA was the biggest blue oasis in the country. I mean I know there's northern CA that has shitholes akin to WV and such, but I didn't think anybody lived there, or if they did, I just assumed they were all ex-felons (or current ones) that couldn't vote

Nunes is a Congressman, the House is a home for the terminally insane and his district is gerrymandered to avoid Fresno

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dizz posted:

Actually wouldn't resigning from presidency also remove specific protections it would give him? seems like that'd just make judicially capping him easier

this is correct, you can't sue a consul. keeping a hold of government immunities was basically the reason Julius Caesar destroyed the roman republic

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
its so loving annoying that every trump tweet has the top comment being some guy having a epic 10+ tweet meltdown, i just wanna read the loving oneliners and zingers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
disgracing Trump will not cow his followers, just like killing the Gracchi brothers didn't get rid of the populares movement. it does not matter if he is impeached, the republic is hosed long term anyway unless someone actually manages to change things fundamentally

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

disgracing Trump will not cow his followers, just like killing the Gracchi brothers didn't get rid of the populares movement. it does not matter if he is impeached, the republic is hosed long term anyway unless someone actually manages to change things fundamentally

lol there is no if or unless here full stop, y'all is hosed. dehumanize yourself and face to decline of empire

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Ayn Randi posted:

lol there is no if or unless here full stop, y'all is hosed. dehumanize yourself and face to decline of empire

In the grim darkness of the future there is only lolling

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ayn Randi posted:

you got that backwards friend, its the decline of the republic. once there is an emperor America has many centuries of strong imperialism and growth ahead of it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Trump ain't no Caesar or Augustus. Not even Caligula

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Trump ain't no Caesar or Augustus. Not even Caligula

i agree, trump is Tiberius Graccus abusing a flaw in the system to push his agenda, despite conventions. Caesar is going to come later, after Trump destroyed and his followers need a new better champion

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Friday afternoon lols are the best.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this president literally retarded?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Rutibex posted:

i agree, trump is Tiberius Graccus abusing a flaw in the system to push his agenda, despite conventions. Caesar is going to come later, after Trump destroyed and his followers need a new better champion

Nah, if anything trump is like Crassus:

- born into a rich family
- managed to increase his wealth by some really shady means
- thought himself to be richer and more able than he actually was
- brought shame and disgrace over the entire republic
- even in death supplied the parthians with grade a lols

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dolphin posted:

Is this president literally retarded?

yes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...3513%23lastpost

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
So,

which golf resort will get the pleasure of Trump's presence this weekend?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

The funniest thing is to be living in another country and watching this loving trainwreck.

:australia:

:lol:

Thanks thread for keeping me up to date.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cacafuego posted:

There's a very sparse, but pretty red population in rural California.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"we'll get to the bottom of some of this"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blow posted:

The funniest thing is to be living in another country and watching this loving trainwreck.

its a really good distraction from my countries ongoing trainwreck lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Jose posted:

its a really good distraction from my countries ongoing trainwreck lol

brexit is far less lol-worthy after we got our initial laughs in at the self inflicted political failure of a lifetime by cameron

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Blow posted:

Yeah your country's political trainwreck is much more boring

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

No one wants to give Flynn immunity because he'll just claim he did all the colluding with Russia and kept Trump in the dark

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd do a huge amount of lols i got to see trump do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RchE5c-cYnM

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Sessions wants convictions to be the solution to everything so we can Make America Great Again with free prison labor

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Shadowy Trench Coat Man: "I got a hell of a leak for you. Leak of the decade."
Fake News Operative: "My patron's authorized the use of this briefcase of unmarked bills."
STCM: "It'll do. Here's the disk. Don't get grabbed by the pussy."
FNO: "W-What!! How did you--" *Looks up to see STCM has already disappeared into the rain-slick night streets of DC*
*Camera pans down to disk, marked in sharpie*
Ritz Carlton / Moscow

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Well, he's right. If Trump & co are all convicted of treason, the leaks are bound to stop.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

I like the implications behind that statement

"The problem is not the treason, but the fact that people are talking about it!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/st...genumber%3D3516

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/s...%3D3516%23pti28

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

Yeah your country's political trainwreck is much more boring