Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

attackmole posted:

Well he did say that he was sad that he missed the Ibaka Lopez fight.

But in a sport with Steve Kerr punching Jordan, Jason Kidd committing domestic abuse, Quin Snyder doing coke and threatening people, and Bob Knight's entire loving career, I really can't see worrying about Stackhouse being scrappy as anything other than pearl clutching.

those dudes are all white. White people who want respect are Don Corleone, but if you're black, its called thuggery. This is the unfairness of racism, and is quite common in rich old white people, who would be the ones making this decision and doing the pear clutching.

Are you going to pretend that reputation and optics are not huge factor for decision makers?

Femur fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
How profound

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Femur posted:

those dudes are all white. White people who want respect are Don Corleone, but if you're black, its called thuggery. This is the unfairness of racism, and is quite common in rich old white people, who would be the ones making this decision and doing the pear clutching.

Are you going to pretend that reputation and optics are not huge factor for decision makers?

Is this a pitch to watch the most recent Black'ish? Cause I hear you, but gently caress Chris Brown.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Didn't see it mentioned so maybe I'm blind, but KCP got arrested the other night for a DUI while at exactly 0.08% BAC. Tough break. Pistons really took a nosedive as soon as Dejan doomed them by saying they were looking alright

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Femur posted:

You might want to sit down, I have some news about Jason Kidd you need to hear.

I always thought he was Latino growing up :negative:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zogo posted:

This was a case of tampering. Draymond Green (the Warriors MVP of the 2016 finals) was suspended for a game. Nobody can argue against that.

Imagine if Tom Brady was suspended from the Super Bowl because he bumped into some opponent in the preceding game. I don't think that'd go over well.

Draymond's foot bumped into someone's balls.

Also Steve Kerr didn't punch MJ. MJ punched Steve Kerr.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I didn't get to watch any games last night but I'm actually really surprised that the Blazers won. I saw on my sports app that it was an even line for HOU/POR and I thought that was insane given how good Houston has been. Looking at the box though, Houston was 8-34 from 3 including 2-13 for James Harden. That's pretty loving bad. Portland's perimeter defense must have been unusually solid or else Houston was just ice cold.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

How profound

Thanks, I call it as I see it.

Yall are kidding yourselves if you don't think their are racial undertones in who gets picked for these jobs. Like yeah guards are field general, bench players are students of the games.. believe that crap if you want. Or maybe guards are the smallest, and bench players the least intimidating to old white dudes.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Femur posted:

Yall are kidding yourselves if you don't think their are racial undertones in who gets picked for these jobs. Like yeah guards are field general, bench players are students of the games.. believe that crap if you want. Or maybe guards are the smallest, and bench players the least intimidating to old white dudes.

Hmmmm

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Femur posted:

Wasn't Bill Russell a coach?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

If I were a team owner I'd hire Muggsy Bogues to be my team's coach so I wouldn't feel so intimidated all the time

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Didn't see it mentioned so maybe I'm blind, but KCP got arrested the other night for a DUI while at exactly 0.08% BAC. Tough break. Pistons really took a nosedive as soon as Dejan doomed them by saying they were looking alright

They were in position to cruise into the playoffs and then lost to such worldbeaters as the Nets, Heat, Magic (by 30), Bulls (by 20) and Knicks (by like 25). They did break their losing streak last night with a one-point victory over the Nets.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Noted white dude Jason Kidd.

Jason Kidd, the white guy.

Jason Kidd is white

He's mixed race

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He's black and he's black and he's black y'all

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
1/3 of NBA head coaches are PoC, which blows away any other major sport in America. It used to be worse but is getting better.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/847812039900884992
This is kind of mind-blowing considering their record post ASB. (but not really because LeBron is an all time great, if not the GOAT.)

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

1/3 of NBA head coaches are PoC, which blows away any other major sport in America. It used to be worse but is getting better.

Yeah but how tall are they?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Cavs are kinda confusingly awful when Lebron sits despite having Kyrie and Love on the roster. Those few games when only Lebron is out, the team looks and plays awful.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

based on Eye Test it feels like kyrie is really bad at running a unit without lebron which is odd cause when hes actually doing his best lebrons barely involved in the play. kyrie needs moral support and friendship to truly ball it seems

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

based on Eye Test it feels like kyrie is really bad at running a unit without lebron which is odd cause when hes actually doing his best lebrons barely involved in the play. kyrie needs moral support and friendship to truly ball it seems

Makes sense since Friendship Ball has been GM LeBron's team-building strategy since Miami.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Still rough considering 80% of the players are.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:cool:
[Spears] DeMarcus Cousins said Vivek tried to reach out to him 2 weeks after he got traded and he responded: "Look, why are you reaching out to me two weeks later? There is no point. If you feel like you’re doing the right thing now, it just shows who you really are as an owner."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

:cool:
[Spears] DeMarcus Cousins said Vivek tried to reach out to him 2 weeks after he got traded and he responded: "Look, why are you reaching out to me two weeks later? There is no point. If you feel like you’re doing the right thing now, it just shows who you really are as an owner."

And the article that was pulled from: https://theundefeated.com/features/new-orleans-pelicans-demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-i-was-mentally-gone/

e: one of my favorite parts:

quote:

You said a contingent of people are coming from Sacramento to New Orleans to support you in your first game against the Kings. Who is coming to see you?

Some of the [Kings’ minority owners]. Some of the biggest fans in the city. I got friends out there, guys that I’m close to and consider family. People that are a part of my circle. It’s about 25 people from Sacramento.

I got a suite for everyone. I’m doing a dinner with some of the staff from Sacramento [on Thursday night]. I still got a great relationship with some of those people as well.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

Makes sense since Friendship Ball has been GM LeBron's team-building strategy since Miami.

he also incorporated hair theory wrt iman shumpert who is having his best year shooting ever

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Yall can continue being pedantic about Kidd, or just look at his picture, but whatever.

As Zogo pointed out, yall only beleive in corruption at a conceptual level, yall cant accept the reality. Racism is something that hicks and trump voters do, not your precious team.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the drop of oil rule is sacrosanct sir

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The minority owners eating with Cousins are probably the ones leaking to Woj right now

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Femur posted:

Yall can continue being pedantic about Kidd, or just look at his picture, but whatever.

As Zogo pointed out, yall only beleive in corruption at a conceptual level, yall cant accept the reality. Racism is something that hicks and trump voters do, not your precious team.

please don't turn this into an MLB thread

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
?????

The guy who's very invested in arbitrary angry black male stereotypes about Stackhouse turns around says that it's everyone else who's doesn't understand racism. This feels backwards.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Like your first post might have been 'pointing out optics' or whatever but it was indistinguishable from something an old white uncle would say to me while watching NBA.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Femur posted:

My head coach is Phillipino thank you very much.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pop's too woke to be racist.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wait what even prompted this convo?

Re:Kidd There is a discussion to be had about black or mixed kids and adults who can "pass" as white or have lighter skin tones. And changes in perception based on it.

This prooobably isn't the place to have it.

The Bulls just loving swept the season series against the Cavs and Hoiberg has only lost one game against them since joining on.

Niko has ascended to Alpha status, and Rondo has regained his Alpha title.

Just imagine what happens when Wade returns with the ascended Niko and the Bulls have 4 alphas to unleash on the Celtics or Cavs

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Femur posted:

I think Stack will never get to HC. He is very hot headed, and potentially violent, which a cursory background check would flag right away.

I did it guys. I found the worst take.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I always liked Boogie (and while we're on the topic, his "attitude problems" in Sacramento were always overblown in familiar racialized lines when he was rightfully frustrated with his lovely bosses and management. It should be familiar to any minority who dares to speak up at work) but I'm really rooting for him and the Pels post-trade.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo you can't have Four Alphas. It is a physical law of the universe. If Niko wants to become an Alpha, he must defeat one of the other Alphas in combat, probably with swords.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

AggressivelyStupid posted:

He's black and he's black and he's black y'all

Just in case anyone doesn't know what you're referring to

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the nuggets giving up nurkic was a hilariously shortsightes idiotic move by a gm that is only good at drafting and thus the cycle of 30 win seasons rolls on

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
being a fan of the nuggets is to know pain. no fa will ever willingly sign here. tje team owner is a walmart heir whi thunks he is some great basketball mind (ive met him and he is basically the jared kushner of basketball lol). the organization is only concernes with maximkzing profit at the pepsi center, which still has some of tbe leagie's highest average ticket prices despite being dead last in attendance and not making thr playoffs in 4 years.

they threw away nurkic and a 1st round pick so they could make a run at the 8th seed just to fill the arena for 2 playoff games and he ended up with nurkic killing those hopes and showing how fuckin retarded the fo is

lol

I need a new team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

stil lolling at calling someone "hot headed." Even my honky-rear end dad wouldn't say that phrase and he's a geezer who loves khaki shorts and thinks people shoot way too many 3s.

• Locked thread