Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Ammanas posted:

Slayers are pretty much on-point atm, maybe a bit OP with good armor piercing damage.

Not really a balance complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
Anyone got any tips for the Skarsnik campaign? Should I just rampage or try and treat it like a territory control thing?

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

So CeltiK has done a pretty comprehensive AI mod package with campaign, recruitment and bulding behaviour adjustments.
The two mods are AI campaign balance and AI buildings and recruitment. I've been playing a bit with both now and they really seem to fix a lot of things that don't feel right about the campaign to me.
CeltiK commented that Skarsnik is a real PITA with this combo so I tried a very hard Angrund campaign. Something like 25 turns in the bugger had five stacks of varying sizes gunning for me.
Apparently the modder considers hard to be the balanced difficulity so take that into account if you try these out.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

OrthoTrot posted:

Anyone got any tips for the Skarsnik campaign? Should I just rampage or try and treat it like a territory control thing?

Underway to Helmgart and chain sack it til you get a Waagh going, destroy the dwarfs in your starting zone. Your waaagh should have another arachnorok, so you'll stomp them stunties good. Afterwards, campaign to taste.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Another Archaon for the pile.

brakeless posted:

So CeltiK has done a pretty comprehensive AI mod package with campaign, recruitment and bulding behaviour adjustments.
The two mods are AI campaign balance and AI buildings and recruitment. I've been playing a bit with both now and they really seem to fix a lot of things that don't feel right about the campaign to me.
CeltiK commented that Skarsnik is a real PITA with this combo so I tried a very hard Angrund campaign. Something like 25 turns in the bugger had five stacks of varying sizes gunning for me.
Apparently the modder considers hard to be the balanced difficulity so take that into account if you try these out.

The "Better AI" mod that's been around forever was always too ridiculous for me (every faction getting 3-5 full stacks but never really using them, everyone just turtles up) so I'll definitely take a look at these, thanks.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
...you know, I'm getting a dreadful suspicion here given the timing of that countdown.

What if CA are setting us up for an April's Fools joke? :stare:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
On the 31st?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Some people are bad with maths.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Flakey posted:

On the 31st?

It's April 1st in some time zones already, though. They're early, but there's already a few jokes cropping up on some sites.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Yeah it's gonna be an april fools joke. CA is gonna be all like haha you thought we were a good game company for a second didn't ya! We are now opening preorders for total wars rome 3: the third

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Don't know if this thread is actually lively enough for this to matter, but the Total War youtube account has a live stream for the countdown in 45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfTdqqjbW0

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Wasn't the End Times non-sense caused by the Skaven though? Crashing moons into planets etc.

The End Times was caused by a fatal lack of trademark.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Trailer started.

High Elves and Dark Elves confirmed so far.

e: aaaand lziards

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
welcome_to_the_jungle.mp3

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Twist: it's Age of Sigmar: Total War

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

That's it?

lmao

and the sound cut no less

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

hahaha was that it

no sound and just some dark elves and high elves in the jungle

lmao

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

get out the stopwatch, what a ninja post :getin:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Here we go folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I mean I'm glad it's more Total Warhams but that was a lot of hype for nothing much.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
gently caress yeah, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizards and Skaven. Rock on.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
You had sound if you watched the correct stream :smug:

Also rat at the end so.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
kill all elves imo

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

LIZARDS

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Edit: nm

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

they are being such loving teases about the Best Race

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Wow, wasn't expecting Ninja Turtles DLC!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

All will die-die

All will see, too

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Sweet, time to stab-kill all the manlings

That like bar though. History grognards at their finest.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I just want to point out how that has almost as many dislikes as likes and was instantly castigated for no good reason.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

raaaaaaaaaaaaats

gimme the raaaaaaaaats

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The salt from the historical TW nerds on the YouTube comments is amazing.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh my god the comment section is amazing. :allears:

:salt:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
So much salt from people who only likes historical total war on youtube :allears:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the rat is actually simply the advisor this time around; he's about to scamper onto the grey wizard's shoulder.

the fourth race is the fimir

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

now you can be really hype

quote:

The second in a trilogy and sequel to the award-winning Total War: WARHAMMER, Total War: WARHAMMER II brings players a breathtaking new narrative campaign, set across the vast continents of Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth and the Southlands. The Great Vortex Campaign builds pace to culminate in a definitive and climactic endgame, an experience unlike any other Total War title to date.

Playing as one of 8 Legendary Lords across 4 iconic races from the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles, players must succeed in performing a series of powerful arcane rituals in order to stabilise or disrupt The Great Vortex, while foiling the progress of the other races. Each Legendary Lord has a unique geographical starting position, and each race offers a distinctive new playstyle with unique campaign mechanics, narrative, methods of war, armies, monsters, Lores of Magic, legendary characters, and staggering new battlefield bombardment abilities.

Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War™ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The dumb thing about me is that I'm only going to end up playing the Skaven in Lustria, unless they have playable Empire/Dwarf/Greenskin dudes in there too.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Xae posted:

The salt from the historical TW nerds on the YouTube comments is amazing.

How could they have deluded themselves into thinking it was going to be anything but the next Warhammer game? I mean the jungle, the temple and the fact that they said that they were done with DLCs for the first Warhammer game, it all pointed towards this.

toasterwarrior posted:

The dumb thing about me is that I'm only going to end up playing the Skaven in Lustria, unless they have playable Empire/Dwarf/Greenskin dudes in there too.

Hopefully the maps can connect. So you can go over there with Grimgor and conquerburn everything over there as well before heading back home to burn everything down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
The comment sections have gone full total war center, which is quite funny since total war warhammer is the best one yet and the most fun when it comes to different playstyles. It's also the first total war game that I have finished a campaign in since Rome Total war.

• Locked thread