Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Yea and I'm getting rinsed for not selling motm pulisic and if Piszcek earlier. Looking at a 40k total loss if I sell now but I think things might rebound. I'm gonna pick up Podolski, Dempsey. Pulisic, and possibly Verrati out of this totw.
Yeah I hesitated on IF-Piszcek as well, and now it's too late. Hoping on the rebound as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DoctaFun posted:

IF Piszczek could be a decent investment this week. His price has dropped 50k, might stock up on him. Just not sure what the 86 Piszczek might go for. If it hits ~200k then I think Piszczek could easily climb back up to 100kish. I don't know though, having Messi in the TOTW last week F'd up a lot of my investments.

If there IS a totw SBC this week 86 Piszcek is gonna drop like a rock, so I'd be extra cautious.

I'd rate the likelyhood of that sbc as "pretty drat high" with the totw as it is and the birthday on friday.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

hopterque posted:

If there IS a totw SBC this week 86 Piszcek is gonna drop like a rock, so I'd be extra cautious.

I'd rate the likelyhood of that sbc as "pretty drat high" with the totw as it is and the birthday on friday.

Yup, hoping to get in and out on this one quick. I don't have too much tied up in IF Piszczek, but hopefully enough to cover the losses I took from last week :(.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
81 Pulisic is almost extinct at 200k on xbox, dang. The TOTW tradeable sbc might be worth doing right away if they release it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hey so if anyone invested in IF lukaku for the POTM, congrats, you're rich as hell now.

SBC is at like a million coins and climbing, inform lukakus are basically extinct.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
oh woah, the FUT birthday pack has both Doumbia, Eto and Welliton, that takes me back

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seriously considering doing the El sharaawy SBC. Talk me out of it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Seriously considering doing the El sharaawy SBC. Talk me out of it.

It's absurdly expensive and you can get the regular tradeable version of the birthday card for like 150k right now

e: which is only 84 rated but also at CAM and with similar stats and etc.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The SBC is on another level above the IF and pushes the card into elite tier but yeah.... I'm not going to do it. It's more the cost i'm missing out from selling the cards I have to complete it than the the cost as a whole. If I was really set on having an endgame serie a squad I would 100% do it though. I will however absolutely trash people with that Doumbia card. I use him already in one of my main squads every WL so the fact he basically got a SIF for nothing is amazing. I'm also going to get the Ibarbo card because it will be low and I have SBC Utaka and that ogbonna card which will be outrageous. I use Halloween Opara with Shadow and let me just say they shouldn't have given an actually good cb ~84 pace.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tzen posted:

Yeah I hesitated on IF-Piszcek as well, and now it's too late. Hoping on the rebound as well.
lol gently caress me, price has dropped 50k and any chance of a redemption is gone. The 2IF is now going for 60k. Welp that ship sailed, I'll stick with the 1IF.

In other news, price drops everywhere holy moly. Gonna be buying IF-Schurrle and some others soon I think.

Those FUT Birthday cards are bringing back some memories.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
yup, same, mostly of recking people in div1 with honda, welliton and doumbia/eto upfront

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Man, I have started the last I think 5 weekend leagues in a row 11-5, this is gettin spooky

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man, I have started the last I think 5 weekend leagues in a row 11-5, this is gettin spooky

I'm 5-7 so far and want to die.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
That sucks, I think I'm 14-8 now, took a break. This is the first one in awhile where I intend to play all 40, not hanging out with people on Sunday like I usually do

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

That sucks, I think I'm 14-8 now, took a break. This is the first one in awhile where I intend to play all 40, not hanging out with people on Sunday like I usually do

I usually go like 10-2 or so before everything falls apart so I'm hoping it goes the other way this time.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean one time I started like 1-5 then ran off 10 wins in a row so you never know

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Alright so I looked at the El Sharaawy SBC again...... I can do the very expensive portion of it for 0 coins. The special card requirement I need to satisfy aside from the 4 totw players can be filled by MVP Villa, SBC Gareth Barry, SBC Cahill, and SBC Higuain. Not to mention I have an 85 untradeable casemiro that fills up one of the totw requirements. I don't use Casemiro, Villa (have his IF), Cahill (poo poo and fits into no squads), and I really didn't get on with Higuain and all of Icardis crazy IFs are cheap and better. Coin sink etc etc but the opportunity cost is roughly ~150k If I sold the 3 tradeable totws and the three normal cards I would use.... I'm going to wait a bit more to see how much high rated IFs go up. I've got a lot to sell including like 10 falcaos.

e- I think I'm going to sell all my valuable IFs off on monday/tuesday before the new totw and then I'm going to buy all the fut birthday cards I want on thursday when weekend league rewards come out. My shopping list on that is looking like Ibarbo, Doumbia, Ogbonna + now I'm thinking Błaszczykowski is worth picking up since he's very cheap already and would fit a 352 nice, Ashley Cole will be the best MLS lb by miles and the best English fullback by quite a bit so he might be worth picking up even if just to sell. I'll probably pick up Taiwo and Emenike as well just for fun. I think most of those cards barring Ogbonna and Cole will be very cheap come thursday.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 1, 2017

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Picked up 3IF-Forsberg for 20k (loving lol this crash owns) and replaced 2IF-Calhanoglu on LW. Better pace/passing/everything except a slight dip on freekicks. So far it's working out well :c00l:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I got MOTM Salah for 180k, which I was pretty happy with. IF Parolo for like 80.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
22 wins agaaain, although I felt like I played like trash for most of them and have been for the past few days, dunno why

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I bought some players for a possible King potm that didn't happen and I just sold off all my bournemouth silvers for 60k. Four of those cards binned for 10k so look to see if you have any silver Bournemnouth defenders sitting around. OTW Draxler is down from 140k to 90k because of the crash and the market hasn't reacted to the fact he got a goal and assist today (which is enough for any otw to get a boost). So I took a punt on that. Worst case scenario I get my coins back.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

OTW Draxler is down from 140k to 90k because of the crash and the market hasn't reacted to the fact he got a goal and assist today (which is enough for any otw to get a boost). So I took a punt on that. Worst case scenario I get my coins back.

It wasn't a league game, though, so he won't get an inform.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

It wasn't a league game, though, so he won't get an inform.

ffs the score I saw was lumped in with a bunch of other league games, I should've looked closer. I still don't think I'll lose any coins if I wait a week or even less. I picked up Błaszczykowski for 20k. He's a sleeper card for sure. The new cards made me feel nostalgic so I built a 41212 wide classic fifa 13 sweat squad with him.

I've not lost yet but my defending has needed to be on point with the one CDM to hold things down. It's a whole lot of fun though. I'm definitely putting Esswein next to Werner eventually because Werner already became the new Esswein so it's only right to put the original in there as well. The only let down is no 4* skills anywhere.

apropos of nothing I bought MOTM Kante awhile back when he was cheap and that card is out of this world. He plays like Legend/TOTY level in game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I'm probably gonna pick up the Kuba card, he's one of my favorite IRL players and one of my favorite players across years in fifa, and his card is dirt cheap, so why not.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
My pro clubs team has lost 18/20 pk shootouts due to horrible AI pk luck.

Thanks for reading!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just play with an any so you have someone real to blame

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Someone bought my stupid halloween Opara card for 175k. Definitely seriously considering the El Sha SBC now

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Stefan Prodan posted:

being able to play as an any in be a pro mode is the dumbest poo poo in any game ever

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
no u r

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

ffs the score I saw was lumped in with a bunch of other league games, I should've looked closer. I still don't think I'll lose any coins if I wait a week or even less. I picked up Błaszczykowski for 20k. He's a sleeper card for sure. The new cards made me feel nostalgic so I built a 41212 wide classic fifa 13 sweat squad with him.

I've not lost yet but my defending has needed to be on point with the one CDM to hold things down. It's a whole lot of fun though. I'm definitely putting Esswein next to Werner eventually because Werner already became the new Esswein so it's only right to put the original in there as well. The only let down is no 4* skills anywhere.

apropos of nothing I bought MOTM Kante awhile back when he was cheap and that card is out of this world. He plays like Legend/TOTY level in game.
That is a sexy squad

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

trufth

Dollas posted:

being able to play as an any in be a pro mode is the dumbest poo poo in any game ever

wow mods?!?!?!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Second pack I've bought this FIFA and got Ashley Cole's birthday event card and some Turkish IF that sells for 12k.

Would it be worth holding on to birthday cards until after the event ends? Would they go up in value then?

It's an MLS card but he actually fits perfectly into my EPL squad with 10 chem by linking with Rooney and Smalling

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

vivisectvnv posted:

wow mods?!?!?!

or change the game mode to 'be every pro'

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just made my first big purchase in awhile, replaced my 88 overall Red Robben (LIKE THE BURGER PLACE) with the 85 OTW Dembele because he's better at almost everything and now I don't have to worry about his idiot rear end 2 star weak foot anymore

Robben does have 90 long shots that I'm giving up but I mean I don't think I get in position to use them that often anyway, that could be my fault for not cutting all the way in to the edge of the box often enough. I'll probably use Dembele's 5* weak foot and insane 97 sprint speed more often than I'll use Robben's better long shooting

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
OTW Dembele is insanely good, good purchase. I saw his price dropped a bit again but the drat 5* skills upgrade should still be coming and he's still pretty likely to get another inform, so this was a great time to buy.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I have a million coins and I think I'm going to just blow it all on these stupid sweat superstar cards. I'm thinking about front 3s of 82 Ramos Valderama and 81 Ibarbo and 90 eto 86 sneijder and 86 podolski and I want to get MOTM Toure and 84 doumbia. Also I was not going to do the El Sharaawy SBC until I faced two separate opponents in WL and they both pulled off multiple wonder goals with that card. Ronaldo will probably have to wait.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Some weird poo poo happened a couple hours ago apparently, the skills update dropped and also a bunch of new searchable legends including on ps4 and pc, and then an hour or so later another update that undid the skills upgrades and removed the legends from the player search.

So uh, legends on ps4 sure would be loving cool.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just packed 85 Mustafi, should I wait on him to appreciate or sell now given the novelty?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Just packed 85 Mustafi, should I wait on him to appreciate or sell now given the novelty?

Hard to say, hes good but not outstanding. However german + arsenal means + EPL = demand. I could see him going up to 65k or so in a week or two. definitely don't sell today when wl rewards come out though.

So I was scrolling through the tabs quickly and opened the store fast to open some bronze packs and get some fitness items to use from them but I accidentally double tapped A and opened my tradeable totw pack that I was going to save for about two weeks out. I was initially really pissed until I saw the screen lag out....

lol, get in.

Seriously though having your cursor right over packs you're saving when you enter the store is super stupid, though I'm certainly not going to complain this time.

I also did the El sharaawy SBC and I have little regrets. Everyone seemed unanimous in their praise of the card and I already got smashed by it before so I went for it. He's amazing. Seriously Messi-esque but with 5* skills. The only two sticking point are his noticeably not great long passing and he's a bit weak (but he's still stronger than a lot of players in his mold, mertens, gomez, messi etc.) Everything else is awesome. I scored this a few games in

https://streamable.com/p8yj2

I've only had that shot go incredibly wide or incredibly slow towards a keeper before. It's hard to recommend doing the SBC since it is a lot of coins but Sharaawy is an elite CAM,CF, and ST and will only be surpassed at TOTS by players like Gomez and Mertens. Those two will also cost a bunch and won't match the novelty of having 5* skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Fuuuuck I can't seem to improve enough to consistently qualify for weekend league and I want in on those sweet rewards again. I played twice and did reasonably well both times (win rate just over 50%) but I can't seem to get into division 1 or get through a goddamn DKO tournament.

I play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 (4) depending on which I lost with last:

Cech
Coleman-Mustafi-Koscielny-Monreal
Ramsey-Cazorla-Eriksen
Sanchez-Firmino-Mane

Mostly I think I'm just a bad player. I can't pull off skill moves worth a drat for example but I was wondering if you guys see an obvious upgrade in my squad somewhere. Thanks in advance for any tips

• Locked thread