Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Last night was also Chaplain Skully's debut!

Him and his squad collected more than 20 skulls, so he's pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Last night was also Chaplain Skully's debut!

Him and his squad collected more than 20 skulls, so he's pretty happy.

36 by my count! Fun game would slam hams again.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Kromlechs quads are pretty cool.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Those look fantastic for heavy bolters or lasers. I kinda want the solar auxillia quad mortars though.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Thanks for the tip on the barghests. Nice models!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Why am I seriously thinking about this dark compliance list

Can't decide if I want to go with a fire support squad behind an aegis with a medic, or a third leman russ. Mainly considering the fire support because I already have a bunch of heavy weapon teams left over.

It'd be so easy, the whole thing is plastic other than the command squad, spartan, and deredeo.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 31, 2017

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Just take 600 fearless and rending cultists.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

DJ Dizzy posted:

Just take 600 fearless and rending cultists.

Pro Strat

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Why do baneblades seem so overcosted?

It's 635 points to get a BS3 baneblade with sponsons, vs 540 for a BS4 fellblade with sponsons which has 3 more hull points. The gun is really good, but for 625 you get the Glaive which is going to kill way more poo poo.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

chutche2 posted:

Why am I seriously thinking about this dark compliance list

Can't decide if I want to go with a fire support squad behind an aegis with a medic, or a third leman russ. Mainly considering the fire support because I already have a bunch of heavy weapon teams left over.

It'd be so easy, the whole thing is plastic other than the command squad, spartan, and deredeo.

I usually run a fire support squad of six lascannons, and one thing to keep in mind is that they have a relatively huge footprint. It's hard to keep them all in cover unless you bring your own.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Arven posted:

I usually run a fire support squad of six lascannons, and one thing to keep in mind is that they have a relatively huge footprint. It's hard to keep them all in cover unless you bring your own.

Right, like I said, behind an Aegis.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

It's 635 points to get a BS3 baneblade with sponsons, vs 540 for a BS4 fellblade with sponsons which has 3 more hull points. The gun is really good, but for 625 you get the Glaive which is going to kill way more poo poo.

Have you considered 'friendmaker' aka the big brother to uncle perts Typhon?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

BULBASAUR posted:

Have you considered 'friendmaker' aka the big brother to uncle perts Typhon?

Nah, this is for a pure militia list. Basically the same dudes from my theoretical dark compliance, but with no marines and more tanks.

I'm considering either a baneblade or a stormlord as the lord of war for it, stormlord full of ogryns. Two macharius vanquishers could also be fun but for those points and dollar cost I may as well get a warhound. The stormlord and baneblade are relatively cheap plastic.

Something like this:

Force commander with stuff, alchem jackers, survivors of a dark age, planetary governor

Like before, 3 medics spread out between some foot slogging grenadier squads and a fire support squad, this time with 10 AP2 missile launchers because of the warlord trait
Adding a 10 man grenadier squad in a land raider proteus with 3 TL lascannons

A full 10 ogryns piled into a stormlord. 7 with power axes means 42 S6 power axe swings when charging.

3 leman russes
2 rapier laser destroyers

And an aegis with a quad gun. Don't know if I can fit all of the missile launchers and the rapier behind it, but I can try to fit most of them. The medic can man the quad gun.

I'm interested in seeing how AP modifiers go in the next edition, because it might be worth it after that to give them power mauls to go up to S7 and glance dreads.

To provide a more target-rich environment as a distraction for the stormlord, I could drop one of the 20 man grenadier squads and a few other things here and there to add a malcador.

So it'd be force commander, ogryns, drop the medics, drop 1 of the grenadier blocks, drop 1 missile launcher team, drop a little bit of wargear, to add a malcador with a hull demolisher cannon, flare shield, siege armor, and ceramite.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 1, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

chutche2 posted:

Nah, this is for a pure militia list. Basically the same dudes from my theoretical dark compliance, but with no marines and more tanks.

I'm considering either a baneblade or a stormlord as the lord of war for it, stormlord full of ogryns. Two macharius vanquishers could also be fun but for those points and dollar cost I may as well get a warhound. The stormlord and baneblade are relatively cheap plastic.

:homebrew:HORUS HERESY:homebrew:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Might as well skip to the top of the LoW choices and get a Turbo-Laser Warhound.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

chutche2 posted:

They were priced a decade earlier, and there's a hell of a lot of point cost inertia.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

If it's of any interest Humble Bundle has a bunch of the Horus Heresy novels in their book bundle - https://www.humblebundle.com/books/horus-heresy-warhammer-book-bundle - also includes coupons for some of the games on Steam.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

Might as well skip to the top of the LoW choices and get a Turbo-Laser Warhound.

Never play with your "friends" again!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Can you guess what the top 3 armies from the 30k competitive event were at AdeptiCon?

Custodes

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

YOU hosed IT ALL FW. THANKS ALAN.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Custodes are broken as gently caress. Sekhmet are fairly priced. Space Wolves are garbage.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm glad they spent 4 years balancing this bad boy. Imagine how broken it would be if they hadn't!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm glad they spent 4 years balancing this bad boy. Imagine how broken it would be if they hadn't!

Give 40k a try! I recommend using Orks.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Good thing you haven't painted too many guys yet so you can still switch.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Why paint? It won't increase the quality of my friends?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Buy expensive resin crack ULTRAspace barbies.

Buy a rattle-can of black primer, use this first.

Buy a rattle-can of gold, spray on model(s).

Army.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Preferred enemy (unpainted) should be a core 30k rule.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

To be fair Space Wolves are pretty bad

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

To be fair Space Wolves are pretty bad

Agreed. Now their rules on the other hand...

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Are there any 40mm base size robots that would work for my militia instead of ogryns? I think those fit with my dark age survivors better than ogryns do. I still want it to be fairly WYSIWYG though, with power weapons and shields.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Ramshackle games has a ton of dark age robits.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The guy that runs Ramshackle is good and cool and you should give him money.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Looks like their robots all have gun arms. Would be hard to turn them into melee I think.

Edit: Looks like I could give them power loader claws as CCWs, but I do definitely want to have a way to get big boarding shields or axes on some of them.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 2, 2017

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It's very thematic that Custodes beat Space Marines. Maybe you losers should try ~forging the narrative~

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I will "forge the narrative" with my 4 typhons.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Speaking of Typhons, I'm messing around with my Death Guard mans today (why have just 1 painted Legion when you could have multiple unpainted ones!) and was thinking about running some Terminator spam with Crysos Morturg giving Infiltrate to some big nasty squads. Since everyone in here "plays" Death Guard and owns multiple Typhons; any advice on the Death Guard front? I already have a bunch of painted 40k Death Guard stuff, including a bunch of Nurgly stuff and zombies, so my eventual goal was to expand out into a DG + Cult Horde + Nurgle Daemons army, that could be mixed and matched at will.

Teach me how to Dougie Death Guard! :vomarine:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Kinda want to try castellax out with a praevian because T8 vs shooting castellax sounds funny.

Was thinking of something like this for a 2500 point list. Taking the meltas because it's a little light on ranged AT, and the castellaxes seem like they'll do fine as anti-meq shooting. Might run into some tanks that don't have armored ceramite, and if I don't at least meltas will pop a terminator.

2500 points, Head of the Gorgon

HQ:
Autek Mor, Cyber-familiar
4 man Cataphractii command squad, 3 with chainfists, standard bearer with power sword
Land raider phobos with armored ceramite

Legion praevian with bolter, refractor field, artificer armor, cyber-familiar
5 castellaxes with enhanced targeters. Bolters and shock chargers, 3 have maulers and 2 have darkfire cannons, legiones astartes

Elite:
2 quad guns with shatter shells

9 marksman veterans in a multimelta rhino. 3 combi-meltas, sgt has combi-melta and artificer armor. They'll get preferred enemy infantry from autek.

Troops:
2 tac squads in multimelta rhinos. Sgts have artificer armor and combi meltas.

Heavy support:
Vindicator

Sicaran Venator

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Broken Record Talk posted:

Speaking of Typhons, I'm messing around with my Death Guard mans today (why have just 1 painted Legion when you could have multiple unpainted ones!) and was thinking about running some Terminator spam with Crysos Morturg giving Infiltrate to some big nasty squads. Since everyone in here "plays" Death Guard and owns multiple Typhons; any advice on the Death Guard front? I already have a bunch of painted 40k Death Guard stuff, including a bunch of Nurgly stuff and zombies, so my eventual goal was to expand out into a DG + Cult Horde + Nurgle Daemons army, that could be mixed and matched at will.

Teach me how to Dougie Death Guard! :vomarine:

Get some more Typhons. No but seriously, a medusa is never a bad choice. Deathshroud are sweet, and mortarion will tear unaware players a new hole.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Figured I'd post and update on my :toxx: LoW- progress is agonizingly slow in fear of screwing something up. After a box of spoons I finally got the gun bluing effect I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
When taking generic superheavy tanks for space marines, do you take the Escalation version or the Crusade Imperialis version?

As an example, the escalation stormlord is cheaper, the crusade imperalis one has heavy bolters instead of stubbers, and an explorator upgrade. It can have armored ceramite, too.