Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I live in an area of Japan known for its delicious, delicious rice so I hope We Love Rice includes our rice and that he is the best boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I've actually had reasonable stability from CR recently, as long as I use the Win10 app rather than the web player and watch in a single sitting, and have the patience to wait the between 1 and 12 hours it takes before new episodes have been encoded for the app streaming.

Why the gently caress can't they have episodes available for every format right away.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Waffleman_ posted:

And speaking of hyperviolent manga with sexy ladies:

https://twitter.com/SundayGX/status/845548620845740033

Is there any more info on this? Because I figured Black Lagoon was just gunna languish in the same "this is never getting finished" hell as Berserk.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
By sacrificing a goat and chanting "Hail Satan" a dozen times, I can usually get Crunchyroll to load on my 5th try. My routine works so I'm not going to mess with it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Maybe I've been lucky, but aside form the occasional quirks that can happen when watching something right as it goes up (missing subs or HD options, typically, which is usually fixed fairly quickly), I've had very few issues with watching CR through the website. The video player could be better, but generally speaking it works fine for what it needs to do in my experience. I do hope that some of the rough edges will be smoothed out a bit whenever they roll out the HTML5 player.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the issues only seem to hit me on weekends, and that's the only positive thing i can say about it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Golden Battler posted:

Is there any more info on this? Because I figured Black Lagoon was just gunna languish in the same "this is never getting finished" hell as Berserk.

That's all the info you really need to know. Series is coming back in May. Rei announced his intention to return to the series around the time Re:Creators was announced,

Also I use the Wii U CR app and don't really have any problems other than sometimes thumbnails don't load.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm looking forward to the new Black Lagoon but I'm tempted to wait for the dub since it was good for the rest of the series

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGfC2boki-I

pv for sukasuka, doesn't look bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Knorth posted:

I'm looking forward to the new Black Lagoon but I'm tempted to wait for the dub since it was good for the rest of the series

You're going to be waiting for a while because no new anime has been announced. This is the manga continuing.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

An actual PV for Shuumatsu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGfC2boki-I

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

You're going to be waiting for a while because no new anime has been announced. This is the manga continuing.

Oh, oh well back on the shelf then

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

nielsm posted:

I've actually had reasonable stability from CR recently, as long as I use the Win10 app rather than the web player and watch in a single sitting, and have the patience to wait the between 1 and 12 hours it takes before new episodes have been encoded for the app streaming.

Why the gently caress can't they have episodes available for every format right away.

hahaha holy poo poo I didn't even know this happened

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Knorth posted:

Oh, oh well back on the shelf then

On the bright side, if he builds up enough of a pace with this continuation, we could very well get a new OVA announcement. But that's wishful thinking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the last episode of zesty the x season 2 isn't airing until the end of april 'cause

quote:

BORN TO OUTSOURCE
ANIMATION IS A gently caress
COYOTE RAGTIME SHOW 2006
I AM UFO TABLE MAN
410,757,864,530 DEAD GOD EATER FANS

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Julias posted:

PV for Made in Abyss, coming Summer 2017

https://youtu.be/MuboGrmPDIg

Not much to go on, but I like the artstyle.
This is probably as close as we're getting to an Etrian Odyssey anime, so I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
future warning: made in abyss is not an etrian oddyssey anime

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I did say 'close.' But it's a big honking hole in the ground with its own ecosystem and apparently at least one robot, and they explore it. I'll take what I can get.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the manga MAL review describes it as the closest thing to a cross between Berserk and Ichigo Mashimaro. win

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

They should just go ahead and do a non-canon Madoka/Bakemonogatari crossover series.
Homura and Hitagi swap for a day or so. There's the script.
(Same amazing voice actress)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So Crunchy picked up Kado: The Right Answer, a full-CG show from Toei. I've been checking out some trailers and the CG seems ok. It has a somewhat uncanny valley effect where it sometimes looks right and sometimes feels off, but overall it feels like an improvement over previous attempts at full-CG shows. The movement can feel very stiff and awkward at times though.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 30, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/anime-weekend-sale/

scroll down, crunchyroll is selling anime shows on steam now?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/anime-weekend-sale/

scroll down, crunchyroll is selling anime shows on steam now?

Huh. Not downloadable, are they? I'd like a legal means of having shows I like on my hard drive, but I'm not sure if there's a way for them to do that without making piracy even easier than it already is...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Huh. Not downloadable, are they? I'd like a legal means of having shows I like on my hard drive, but I'm not sure if there's a way for them to do that without making piracy even easier than it already is...

Yeah seems to be buy-to-stream. No download options, just getting access to singular series as long as you want without paying subscription to Crunchyroll.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

You can buy Mario on steam

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They managed to tag the K-on movie psychological horror.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

i love the way it's organized

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Are those like, listed as individual games in your library?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

*while typing out horriblesubs.info*

Crunchyroll better not make paid downloads of their shows or I'd be able to download them all, free!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

rip the (extremely limited) actual Crunchyroll download option, taken from us too soon

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Xinder posted:

i love the way it's organized

Giant tsuchinoko must be the first ep. Time to get watching boys :D

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm excited for Laughing Salesman, the original is entertaining and this one looks even better!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

an actual dog posted:

I think so. They definitely appear as 12 separate products. I'd have to ask the friend who actually bought them to be sure how they look in his library though.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

an actual dog posted:

They appear in their own separate lists under collapsable headings in the "videos" section of the library. They don't divide seasons however, or at least they didn't do that for SAC.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 31, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

praying this season will be good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhgiiVddR5c

THIS ISNT WHAT I ASKED FOR

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
sometimes you dont get what you want, you get what you need

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good news for bokuhero s2

quote:

Season 2 will run for two consecutive cours, and to accomodate for that the animation process is fairly ahead this time around. Season 1’s scheduling problems and unevenness shouldn’t repeat themselves, at least not until the final stages. Despite Yoshihiko Umakoshi himself being linked to other upcoming projects, the general climate is much better for the sequel, and BONES are capitalizing on that by getting work done early and allowing much more polish.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope it gets to the end of the training camp at least, though the following arc is probably too far for just two cours.

• Locked thread