Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Preet Brahaha was overseeing Price's investigation by the DOJ, and some insiders have pointed to that for his firing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thatim posted:

Didnt he said Clinton would win?

He said like 60% chance for her unless there was a major regional shift, which is exactly what happened.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thatim posted:

Didnt he said Clinton would win?

He gave Trump like a 33% chance to win or something where everyone else said it would never happen, and everyone took that to mean "Clinton will win" because people have a really hard time processing probabilities between 0% and 100%

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/opinion/sunday/do-millennial-men-want-stay-at-home-wives.html

Does this scan with anyone else? Are that many MRAs crawling around?

With the real rise of mainstream internet, I can absolutely see these views on the rise as plausible. You can self select your reality. Its a hell of a lot easier to be told that women are just sluts for chad dick than to accept that you are a sexless loser because you are creepy and attach to any girl that gives you a tiny amount of attention.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Yinlock posted:

he was the only poll that was like "hillary might lose"

he was right
Hillary might lose still puts her as a winner.

Dude was wrong too. Just because he didnt let his polls go to 99% by 'unskewing' doesnt make him right.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/opinion/sunday/do-millennial-men-want-stay-at-home-wives.html

People are loving wusses, and want desperately some sort of authoritarian rigidity, it's not a surprise.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

Preet Brahaha was overseeing Price's investigation by the DOJ, and some insiders have pointed to that for his firing.

I cant wait for this guy to get hosed on insider trading, but who knows, poo poo may never happen

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

That has less to do with being an MRA and more with being evangelical. I would buy a 10% rise in evangelicalism among teens over the past 20 years. I think some of the preference for a single income household is coming from a more innocuous sentiment - that the current situation where a dual income is necessary for survival for a family is undesirable.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Louisgod posted:

you get high too?

I could spend the rest of my life in a guild navigator jar full of dab and never manage to perceive the world as unto Bill Mitchell

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
Did the Combat Boot drop yet?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

if i could make laws #1 with a bullet would be "you have to actually directly answer questions that you are asked unless it directly threatens national security"

would solve so many problems

for everything????

lmebo imagine how absolutely bad scotus hearings would be, all these senators just floatin test cases in front of nominees to find out how theyd rule

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thatim posted:

Dude was wrong too. Just because he didnt let his polls go to 99% by 'unskewing' doesnt make him right.

that's not how probability works

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

aware of dog posted:

The tweet already got deleted, what'd it say?

luckily i made screenshots

for those of you just joining us, sarah mcbride is a trans woman who you might remember spoke at the democratic national convention last year. kurt schlichter writes for townhall.com

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unperson_47 posted:

do you think spicy goes home feeling like he did a good job and it's all worht it. do ou think he feels shame on any level or does he get off on being humiliated and looking like an incompetent clay thumb curing in the desert ssun

Whoever said his wife bangs someone else every morning and then they lay in his bed and laugh at him on tv had it right

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i think they might be hitting the point of diminishing returns with voter suppression. most of the people whose votes can be suppressed easily, it's already happened.

when Dems retake state houses their absolute #1 priority must be rolling back suppression and disenfranchisement. this has to be done before anything else to lock in our gains.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thatim posted:

If I tell you an unbalanced coin had a 51% chance of heads I'm not 100% wrong if it lands tails.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

for everything????

lmebo imagine how absolutely bad scotus hearings would be, all these senators just floatin test cases in front of nominees to find out how theyd rule

would be better than the constant stream of "i don't recall" or "i dunno"

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

for everything????

well, senator, in the case of Kramer v Kramer, I would

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Didn't even take his ball when he went home.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Like think about this. Lets say today diaper furries are a thing. Why? Well you can find a community that tells you that its not only okay, but cool and good.

20 years ago, there might be other people that think that, but they'd have no way of meeting and certainly wouldn't openly advertise it. Now you can just go out and find a community for any old weird poo poo and just have your beliefs that its normal confirmed and even strengthened.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This administration, less than a hundred days in, is on course for at least two federal trials or plea deals.

Reagan's record still of course wildy outpaces Trump.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

having one spouse stay at home is p often an economic aspiration that gets really weirdly gender coded because patriarchy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

A high school senior in 2014 wasn't a fuckin millennial. That's the next generation, who are proving themselves to be conservative as gently caress

The oldest Millennials are 35-36 now ffs

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Schnorkles posted:

The first thing i do is wake up and check the president of the united states twitter to determine how dumb my day is going to be god bless

the moment i wake up
before i put on my spray tan
i make a little tweet for you~

Serf
May 5, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i think they might be hitting the point of diminishing returns with voter suppression. most of the people whose votes can be suppressed easily, it's already happened.

when Dems retake state houses their absolute #1 priority must be rolling back suppression and disenfranchisement. this has to be done before anything else to lock in our gains.

lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shageletic posted:

This is hosed

Speaking for myself, I'm 33 and my wife makes almost 2x what I make.

It owns.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Shageletic posted:

This administration, less than a hundred days in, is on course for at least two federal trials or plea deals.

Reagan's record still of course wildy outpaces Trump.

I really really really want to believe that something will come of this but it's very difficult to wholeheartedly buy into the fact that anything matters

I want to believe

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

would be better than the constant stream of "i don't recall" or "i dunno"

no it wouldnt

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

having one spouse stay at home is p often an economic aspiration that gets really weirdly gender coded because patriarchy

nothin wrong with a stay-at-home spouse, just gets weird when it has to be a specific gender of spouse

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

no it wouldnt

i just want republicans to actually answer questions okay, i'm not a lawsman

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jazerus posted:

I think some of the preference for a single income household is coming from a more innocuous sentiment - that the current situation where a dual income is necessary for survival for a family is undesirable.

yeah this one

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Probably accurate to at least some extent. And the more you attack the right to vote, the more you embolden third party groups to get people registered and up to date regardless.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

i wish stay at home spouses were a thing, and that i was the stay at home spouse

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

eonwe posted:

Lets say today diaper furries are a thing.

yeah let's say that ha ha

just as a hypothetical haha lol

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Thatim posted:

He called exactly how she would lose, he pointed out exactly which states she would need to lose due to a poor showing of support.

His statistical analysis was spot on

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

How is there not video of this yet?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Is there video of this anywhere? it sounds hilarious

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

locking in gains is nice but way less important than enshrining equal access to the basic amenities privileges and responsibilities of civil society into law as firmly as possible

locking in gains is a nice side benefit but lets not lose sight here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Speaking for myself, I'm 33 and my wife makes almost 2x what I make.

It owns.

27, same, it rules

• Locked thread