Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

mllaneza posted:

Conditionals
If the brigade goes over to defense AND it will take more than one turn to get at least one company into the trenches then remain on the attack, form up and move East until half of the remaining infantry companies can get into trenches. Use this formation

I have no idea what this means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
For the record, we are all completely insane.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:siren:55th 25th Brigade:siren:

Enter map, head to the position indicated.

code:
Conditional orders while moving:
Turn and move towards enemy
Bayonet charge
Pursue
Break off at 2/3rds
code:
Conditional orders while defending:
Use rifles
Do not pursue
No retreat 

sullat fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 31, 2017

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
8th Infantry Division Artillery

Enter from the northern map edge, as close to the destination point as possible. Move with all speed east until I meet the road, then deploy in a dispersed formation, light guns in front as indicated above. Unlimber in those positions.

Support the brigade in front of me. Provide direct fire where possible, with help from the infantry liaison who will be setting up next to us.

If it will not interfere with the support mission and is possible with the rain/other effects, entrench in these positions.

If the 21st Brigade has been destroyed/driven back from their positions:
5 Turns before dawn, begin executing the following indirect fire mission with all remaining indirect ammunition, with alternating Heavy (Blue aura) and Light (yellow aura) guns:

If the 21st Brigade has not been destroyed/driven back from their positions:
5 Turns before dawn, begin executing the following indirect fire mission with all remaining indirect ammunition, with alternating Heavy (Blue aura) and Light (yellow aura) guns:

Conditional:
Fight to the last man. We hold them here or we don't hold them at all.

professor_curly fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 31, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I've gone over a fake map with the people in roll20. We're putting it in Bacarruda's pocket before we send him to his doom.

Is this okay Trin?

Edit: How can we forget to put our French reserve force on the map!

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 31, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
General Pater Meus the Younger, 24th Infantry Brigade

Deploy in the NE-most corner of the deployment zone.

Use this formation while advancing (Depicted advancing SE):

Set up in this formation:

Standing orders on the attack:
Bayonet charge
Fight to the last man
Turn and advance towards the enemy
Do not pursue

Standing orders on the defense:
Shoot
Fight to the last man
Do not pursue

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Istvun posted:

I have no idea what this means

I can edit if there's another vote to do so.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:siren:Emergency orders for the 23rd Infantry Brigade:siren:

Deploy in the NE-most corner of the deployment zone.

Use this formation while advancing (Depicted advancing SE):

Set up in this formation:

(Use the hindmost chit to stay "in touch" with artillery for the purposes of line of sight for direct fire)

Standing orders on the attack:
Bayonet charge
Fight to the last man
Turn and advance towards the enemy
Do not pursue

Standing orders on the defense:
Shoot
Fight to the last man
Do not pursue

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

mllaneza posted:

I can edit if there's another vote to do so.

Yeah, I don't quite understand what you meant there

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

:siren: LENOON :siren:

I think someone's said it already but the 24th Infantry are being deployed to protect you, however they need to sit behind the barbed wire. That means on Turn 5 you'll need to start limbering and moving on Turn 6. Pull back a little bit, and spend your final barrage on Turn 8+.

Sorry for the late notice, I didn't know we were doing this since we didn't have a division or brigade commanders until too long ago.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That's fine, will have my orders in about 1pm GMT

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Sullat, I've been looking at your positioning, and I really think you need to move a couple of chits to overlook the south. Even just a pair of chits overlooking the South road would go a long way toward making sure we don't have an unpleasant surprise in the South.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

hgentlemen, hwe ave been tasked with disturbing the sleep of hour fine boche friends in the forrettte Efyayders, and then orror hof orrors, we'll be sharing billets for the night with the bloomin infantry. hevery man look to is pocketbook, the foot boys are all fieves.

Night time orders, absolutely not changing these because work, tough luck everyone:

Turn 1:

Fire at marked targets

Turn 2:

Turn 3:

Alternate between these patterns, untilllll

Turn 6:

Limber up, move back all of literally 8-10 feet, cop some fags off the infantry

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I do not have a working desktop. This may get in the way of me doing my own orders.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

:siren: The adjudication begins...

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
While we wait: I am in the process of updating the banners, so if anyone does not currently have a banner that reflects their actual command and wants one, please quote this post.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Tevery Best posted:

While we wait: I am in the process of updating the banners, so if anyone does not currently have a banner that reflects their actual command and wants one, please quote this post.

I'm in charge of 8th Division's artillery, so that might need something or other.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
God drat I wish the Belgians would show up already so I can ignore all your orders and just camp out for the rest of the war.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

Thanks! Am in charge of the 25th brigade.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Ahh damnit, my bad bacarruda, I gave you the fake map I accidentally left a Non-existent 9th Division marker on in Coq. I didn't notice the mistake for at least an hour.

That should confuse them at least for a bit anyway.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 31, 2017

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIKiB663JD0

Day 2, Turn 40
British initiative

Two fresh brigades enter the field. Further forward, both the 20th and 21st attempt to move off...

They both succeed. The artillery lets off some more indirect fire at things you can't see.

Day 2, Turn 41
German initiative

The 20th crosses the river.

In the forest, enemies have been spotted within 4 inches; your front rank advances to contact!

Your guns let off more indirect fire. Then the machine guns go off.

Ye gods, that's a lot of German MGs.

You do have enough men left unsuppressed to send one enemy company retreating suppressed, but things aren't looking up.

Day 2, Turn 42
British initiative

The 20th continues its crossing.

You advance into contact once more.

More indirect fire falls on the enemy.

Their MGs and rifles do their job.

Nobody survives to close combat this time. This could end up sucking, a whole lot.

Day 2, Turn 43
German initiative

Good news from the forest; the 23rd has rolled extremely well and drops into its assigned defensive position.

So does the 20th; the assigned position was so close to the actual position of the trench that I allow them to occupy it. You also discover something to your advantage.

Well, it's been nice knowing you, lads.

This just in: it is possible for BEF brigades to rout.

Day 2, Turn 44
British initiative

Did someone order a lunatic general on a horse?

Day 2, Turn 45
British initiative

Another successful erection!

I am the very model of a modern Major-General...

Day 2, Turn 46
British initiative

The 24th appears out of the night, from entirely the wrong direction, and successfully appropriates the orphan companies scattered along the road to its command.

The 25th Brigade arrives also, but they're not the big news.

You are now the proud owners of four 60-pound field-gun batteries. You think that they will have roughly similar performance to a French 155mm howitzer, or a German 15cm howitzer, except that they cannot fire into towns. (Their calibre is about 122mm, they can't be manhandled.)

Day 2, Turn 47
British initiative

The modern Major-General goes searching for information botanical.

Day 2, Turn 48
MIDNIGHT
German initiative

Your new toys wheel themselves into place and brew up.

By the way, important note: the 7th Division's guns are now out of fire missions until after Turn 16. 8th Div has 12 missions left.

Day 3, Turn 1
German initiative

The modern Major-General knows nothing of electronics, but it turns out that telephone wire is just as vulnerable to a cavalry sabre as German guts.

Day 3, Turn 2
German initiative

We now interrupt this performance of Pirates in Men's Pants to bring you important news from the Foret d'Effyaders.

A lot of rifle and machine-gun fire goes off, to very little effect.

Day 3, Turn 3
British initiative

Stop that! It's silly! Here we were having a nice sensible bit of war, and now it's just got silly.

Nothing happens in the forest; if there's anyone still there, they are out of spotting range. The 25th arrives in the Bois de Blob, having taken the scenic route, and will take position next turn if not interrupted.

More erections finish.

And that ends the update. No overview because it's still night. You've got two more foot engineers to bring onboard from your existing deployment zone. Assume that any erection not depicted proceeded according to plan.

:siren: Soft deadline on Sunday 2 March at 5pm GMT.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
And the attack failed miserably. Good thing we played conservatively.

Time to unleash some heavy artillery fire.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

He actually is doing it. It's really working. :aaa:

Effyaders isn't going as planned but it looks like it's going to okay thanks to our defensive line.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We have 12 missions with our artillery. At this point I say we mark out a block in the forest and keep on firing until there is nothing left to fire.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Our artillery is already assigned to support our infantry, so that's taken care of at least, but I agree, a forest clearing barrage using every turn we're not supporting our infantry is the order for the day.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I want to see just how much damage our new artillery can do.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Trin, please send the following to the enemy team:

(from Pater Meus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0I4mTEdAf8

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
As usual, a single lunatic on a horse has more success than an entire brigade.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hm... Since we don't actually see those guys anymore, I think we should give our artillery orders to shell the poo poo out of that location for two turns if they aren't asked to support anyone, then wait, then shell the poo poo out of the opposing trenchline.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I won't be able to look at this for a while but given free reign my plans for next night if I don't lose any more men will be sneaking the entire light artillery brigade behind enemy lines and firing counter-battery from annoying locations :v:

my dad posted:

Hm... Since we don't actually see those guys anymore, I think we should give our artillery orders to shell the poo poo out of that location for two turns if they aren't asked to support anyone, then wait, then shell the poo poo out of the opposing trenchline.

This sounds good to me.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 1, 2017

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

my dad posted:

we can just give them ordered fire for all 12 turns, but let supporting fire overwrite

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Istvun posted:

we can just give them ordered fire for all 12 turns, but let supporting fire overwrite

Oh, right, it's 12 not 16 turns. Sounds good to me.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
I'll probably limber up on the last turn and move back a bit since they're almost certain to spot me here.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

professor_curly posted:

I'll probably limber up on the last turn and move back a bit since they're almost certain to spot me here.

Can they shoot you, tho?

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
I'm assuming if they're pouring this many dudes across in the north they're going to be bringing up their guns closer as well. I'm thinking about it still though.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
My deepest apologies for pushing the forest attack.

It looks like the Germans had brigades marching into the forest besides the super-brigade. I think this is good evidence of how committed they are to the forest. If I were the German commander witnessing the debacle of Day 2, I would be committing most of my forces to one flank.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
It gained us valuable intel and probably disrupted them long enough for us to actually get something going for this defense, so I think it was worthwhile.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

My current expectation is that they will keep travelling west. Im hoping the indirect fire messes them up, and then they have to cross open terrain into entrenched brigades :D

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I guess I should try and move north to contain the southern edge of the forest?

Also, not too late to send the southern infantry brigade over to mess with the enemy artillery. Should be able to sneak up on them in the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'd rather just keep things as they are and hopefully watch an enemy division melt. Let's dig in.

• Locked thread