Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
New chapter http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/132/4144/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Interesting.

fat guy is great

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Uhh.. definitely a quirk I was not expecting from sauske

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Based on the name "Sun Eater", I was expecting some kind of fire or heat-based ability.

The actual power was so, so much better. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad that the quirk doesn't fit the user's appearance but that is one stupid quirk

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I kinda like it.
but it might not matter anymore either way

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
It's a pretty versatile quirk. He's basically every single animal quirk user in the world combined. Just keep some meatballs on hand and you've got a power for every situation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Literally the one time that the words "tactical jerky" are acceptable.

That's probably what he keeps in those mag pouches on his chest: Just all kinds of jerky.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Literally the one time that the words "tactical jerky" are acceptable.

That's probably what he keeps in those mag pouches on his chest: Just all kind of jerky.

It really sounds like a delicious quirk. I wonder though, is it only animals?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, drat, Kirishima is pissed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I kinda like it.
but it might not matter anymore either way

i don't think the effect's permanent, if it were shigaraki would be a lot more pissed off

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tollymain posted:

i don't think the effect's permanent, if it were shigaraki would be a lot more pissed off

it kind of doesn't make sense for the bullets not to be long-term since he's apparently trying to make a quirkless world so he can reign with his group. Definitely hope that's not the case though, Sun Eater barely got any screen time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"OUR guy had a touching backstory unlike your trash fodder."

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
gently caress yeah, time for Kirishima to shine

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Last Celebration posted:

it kind of doesn't make sense for the bullets not to be long-term since he's apparently trying to make a quirkless world so he can reign with his group. Definitely hope that's not the case though, Sun Eater barely got any screen time.

It didn't hit, did it? Looked like Kirishima turned hard, so the needle just bounced off.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

gently caress yeah, time for Kirishima to shine

I was also quite pleased with this. That look on the last page was ... awesome.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Eeepies posted:

It didn't hit, did it? Looked like Kirishima turned hard, so the needle just bounced off.

(Kirishima is Red Riot, not Sun Eater.)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Nevermind, i saw it wrongly.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 30, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey i guess someone on this earth did enjoy X-men 3.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hey i guess someone on this earth did enjoy X-men 3.
Godamnit Horikoshi dooooo you have any good taste!?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It really sounds like a delicious quirk. I wonder though, is it only animals?

He once tried to use his powers after drinking a pouch of Capri Sun and the casualty count was in the high five digits.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

R.I.P 1/3 of U.A. High's top students.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
drat if "you are what you eat" it's no wonder sun eater acts like a pussy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Guzma no!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I wonder if Sun Eater's quirk counts the bug leg that fell in the chocolate vat.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Oxxidation posted:

He once tried to use his powers after drinking a pouch of Capri Sun and the casualty count was in the high five digits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Hoz2ZHYZM&t=15s

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
So, I guess the little girl's Quirk is pretty obvious now.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Radish posted:

"OUR guy had a touching backstory unlike your trash fodder."

I mean, that's not wrong. But also yeah, Magne was a fairly big hitter and had a useful power for the V.A., while Shigaraki's victim was a guy who was literally there to be a meat shield.

Vengarr posted:

So, I guess the little girl's Quirk is pretty obvious now.

Yep. Though I am curious about the permanency of the effects as well; the VA losing Compress as well as Magne cuts their roster down a good bit. I mean, outside of Shigaraki (and kind of Black Mist except we haven't actually seen him in ages so who knows) no one on the VA is indispensable for story purposes, but their turnover rate is pretty high.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mangastream does it again I guess.

Korean scans say that Compress was unable to use his quirk for a while.

MS implies Compress was never able to use it again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So who else is expecting Deku to be immune to this since his quirk isn't his own?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I dunno where people were getting the idea that it removed quirks completely.

Shigaraki says Compress couldn't use his quirk "immediately after this was fired into him" making it sound like it was short term, not like he still can't use his quirk.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Begemot posted:

I dunno where people were getting the idea that it removed quirks completely.

Shigaraki says Compress couldn't use his quirk "immediately after this was fired into him" making it sound like it was short term, not like he still can't use his quirk.

Probably the phase "no longer able to use his quirk."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, I'm not gonna blame a reader who reads "Immediately after this was fired into him, Mr. Compress was no longer able to use his quirk." and interprets it as "Mr. Compress permanently lost his quirk powers as soon as this bullet hit him."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

e: nevermind, I can see how you would read it that way.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Either way, I don't think Horikoshi will jump right back to villains being able to permanently remove quirks again right after we've dealt with all for one

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can make a heroless society without permanently shutting off their powers

just temporarily shut off the powers so you can permanently shut off the hero

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rhonne posted:

So who else is expecting Deku to be immune to this since his quirk isn't his own?

I'm guessing it works similar to Aizawa's, only instead of turning off quirks it keeps quirks from activating. So people like Froppy would be OK and people like Deku would be ok if they've already activated their quirk and aren't trying to activate it again before the affect wears off. That being the trade off for not having the unblinking limitation and instead being an injection.

Healing quirks probably aren't affected either since it's probably her actual blood being injected into them so it's a foreign mass.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Tollymain posted:

you can make a heroless society without permanently shutting off their powers

just temporarily shut off the powers so you can permanently shut off the hero

Pretty much this. As long as they can't use their quirks to defend themselves, he can pop them. It also eliminates any issues stemming from not knowing a heroes' quirk before fighting them. Then you only gotta worry about the incorporeal types like Togata who are much more difficult to shoot directly.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Or the heroes who have body-hardening or altered-body based quirks, as shown by Kirishima. Cementoss probably wouldn't be bothered by it either.
Then again his 'suddenly half of you is gone' thing probably does.

Also I predict that if Deku is hit by the quirk nullification bit All for One will be nulled... BUT DEKU'S JUSTICE CANNOT BE STOPPED! And then there'll be an aesop about 'true heroes don't need quirks!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The optimal setup would be a anti-quirk dart in the first chamber and regular bullets in the rest.