Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

quote:

Ottoman Millets are now 20% coring cost reduction instead of 33%. French Elan has been increased from 20% morale to 40%

:crossarms:

quote:

Your mercenaries now get priority when entering battle within their unit type. Eg: Mercenary Infantry will be deployed in the middle ahead of regulars.

Thank gently caress, micromanaging that every battle was a pain in the rear end.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing egg
Jun 21, 2007

quote:

French Elan has been increased from 20% morale to 40%

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

quote:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Koramei posted:

Ottoman Millets are now 20% coring cost reduction instead of 33%. French Elan has been increased from 20% morale to 40%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTa6HMi3R4

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

quote:

Deus Vult is now the final idea in Religious Ideas, to make the Idea set less immediately amazing.
Religious is trash now, Humanist now auto-pick

Goddamn Swedes

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

quote:

The late-game States buffet from government and Technology levels have been reduced dramatically, as previously almost all areas would be stated, removing strategic choice from the system.

Johan's other tweet has this showing that the reduction is indeed quite dramatic, like 40 states less at admin tech 27.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

religious still has some drat good mil policies

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

quote:

Mercenary costs have been raised across the board, to put more financial pressure on waging wars with endless waves of cannon fodder. They now cost 10 more in base price and reinforcement costs are doubled.

Ouch that is more than I expected.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Good news is it's way easier to declare bankruptcy after you've blown ten years' worth of income on mercs

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

quote:

:lol:

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
I'm pretty sure that was a joke guys. In a later post

quote:

My mistake on the French morale, it was a typo. Should say +70% morale. 4 and 7 are too close to each other on numberpad.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Goddamnit Paradox, you have to actually wait until April 1st to post April 1st things you impatient lil shits.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chin Strap posted:

Ouch that is more than I expected.

OTOH

quote:

Your mercenaries now get priority when entering battle within their unit type. Eg: Mercenary Infantry will be deployed in the middle ahead of regulars.

I think that's worth the cost increase.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

quote:

Colonial Nations also lost heir penalty to settler chance and colony growth.

This is kinda huge, now once you form a CN you won't have to babysit it with your own settlers for it to make significant progress

Also I guess new world will get completely filled out by 1650 or so

E: or is that a joke too

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 31, 2017

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
They removed the French elan troll.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Elotana posted:

Religious is trash now, Humanist now auto-pick

Goddamn Swedes

It has always been bad for most nations, this just makes it obvious.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
People have missed the greatest change.

quote:

We also changed scorched earth, so that while it gives a modest impact (+5) to the devastation in the province, it also reduces movement for hostile units by 50% for 5 years.
Hellooooooo Russia!

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
For some reason I now have a huge hard-on for bringing back the Roman Empire as Venice.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Star posted:

Hellooooooo Russia!

so, uh, how long is it gonna take to march from moscow to warsaw? asking for a corsican friend

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Peas and Rice posted:

For some reason I now have a huge hard-on for bringing back the Roman Empire as Venice.

Doge status: Hung from own walls, Venice annihilated. The two countries I refuse to ever play as are Venice and England because they're evil :v:

Byz->Rome run, sorry about the lovely tricolor but wanted to come full circle and return to a republic. Was going for these borders:

Picked a nice river in Germany to stop at, figured Prussia makes a nice Magna Germania. I'd been allies with them for a long time but ended up dismantling the HRE with a thematically-appropriate Byzantine-Aachener Imperialist War, which pulled in Emperor Prussia and the last electors I wasn't already occupying. I spent 1600-1750 eating all of Iberia, France, and Central/Eastern Europe, sitting on 100% overextension and juggling truces to split the coalitions in half. I tried eating all of Persia but historically decided it was more difficulty than it was worth :v: Borders were done around 1750, made the Revolution pop to switch to a republic then sat in a well-earned peace for 20 years letting my manpower pool fill up and stating territories. ~2,000,000 men under arms, ~500 ducats/month profit. Honestly, I remember Byz starts when you galley spammed and blocked the strait, or called in Austria+Poland-Lithuania without favors, and 1.19 is probably the easiest Byz start in a while. Restart until Albania allies with Hungary (and optionally, is guaranteed by Serbia) and ally Albania and I had all my cores back before 1450. Then I ate Serbia/Bosnia and started eating the Ottomans once the truce was up.

Bonus religious map:

France went Reformed. The only Catholic countries left were Spain, Poland, and Lithuania.

E: Just realized I should have eaten two provinces more of Great Britain. Oh noes :v:

Azuren fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 31, 2017

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

TorakFade posted:

This is kinda huge, now once you form a CN you won't have to babysit it with your own settlers for it to make significant progress

I hope it's true for the sole reason that it would make playing a colonial nation more fun!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Man they really want people to play the Manchu, tengri bonus increased to 20% cheaper regiments and Tengri hordes have 100% cavalry ratio :getin:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

RabidWeasel posted:

Man they really want people to play the Manchu, tengri bonus increased to 20% cheaper regiments and Tengri hordes have 100% cavalry ratio :getin:

You'll lose 50% cavalry ratio when you form Qing though.
On the other hand Tengri Poland should be able to get 95% ratio with winged hussars :v:

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

TorakFade posted:

It's still there after they removed the French Elan troll. It also looks like it will be easier for them to attack neighboring natives. This will dramatically increase the rate of colonization. I suspect you will want to spread yourself across multiple colonial regions as quickly as possible so you can reap the benefits of your CNs colonizing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Huh, I had completely forgotten you could scorch earth. It doesn't seem to do a lot. :shrug:

quote:

Spices’ trade good bonus has changed from the widely abhorred Hostile Core Creation Cost to a reduction in devastation.
Nice.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Azuren posted:

Doge status: Hung from own walls, Venice annihilated. The two countries I refuse to ever play as are Venice and England because they're evil :v:

<------ :whatup:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I didn't know that mercs even had a reinforcement cost, the wiki just mentions their recruitment and maintenance costs

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

QuarkJets posted:

I didn't know that mercs even had a reinforcement cost, the wiki just mentions their recruitment and maintenance costs

They reinforce with gold, not manpower. Very useful in many situations.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

I'm still mad about the Fourth Crusade in real life :(

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Even regular regiments cost ducats to reinforce, so naturally mercs do too, at a higher cost.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Even regular regiments cost ducats to reinforce, so naturally mercs do too, at a higher cost.

Dumb question I've never been able to figure out- is reinforcing 1,000 troops worth of mercs cheaper than consolidating/disbanding and hiring 1,000 troops worth of mercs?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dirk the Average posted:

They reinforce with gold, not manpower. Very useful in many situations.

Yes, I'm aware that they don't use manpower to reinforce. But how much do they cost?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Yes, I'm aware that they don't use manpower to reinforce. But how much do they cost?

iirc when a regiment is reinforcing it costs 3x regular maintenance

both a regular regiment and a merc regiment will cost 3x maintenance (and merc maintenance is a lot higher) but mercs don't need manpower

previously the most cost-effective way to use mercs was probably to consolidate and recruit new mercs rather than paying for them to reinforce but who knows with the new changes

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Redmark posted:

You'll lose 50% cavalry ratio when you form Qing though.
On the other hand Tengri Poland should be able to get 95% ratio with winged hussars :v:

Well you need some PBI to stand around looking amazed while the cavalry do their thing.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

spectralent posted:

Well you need some PBI to stand around looking amazed while the cavalry do their thing.

Someone has to dig the latrines and set up the camp.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How exactly does Cavalry Ratio work? All I know is that you don't want to much cavalry in your army but beyond that I don't know what the bonuses or maluses are.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

White Coke posted:

How exactly does Cavalry Ratio work? All I know is that you don't want to much cavalry in your army but beyond that I don't know what the bonuses or maluses are.

Being over the ratio reduces tactics by 25%, so a unit with too much cavalry will take more damage.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can find out your culture's particular ratio by mousing over the cavalry icon when you have an army selected.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Azuren posted:

I'm still mad about the Fourth Crusade in real life :(

You as well, huh? :(:hf::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

They should just give generals inf/cav/art bonuses (keep maneuver) instead of making you figure out the opaque fire/shock system that you don't have any control over anyway

• Locked thread