Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

uyd has had 3 hosts. all of them white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Matey posted:

uyd has had 3 hosts. all of them white.

Uyd has a neanderthal host it's pretty inclusive

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Isn't making fun of the desire for inclusive language sort of proving the point? You sound like the old dudes at my work who complain loudly about how we can't have fun at work anymore whenever we have a sexual harassment course.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

inferis posted:

Isn't making fun of the desire for inclusive language sort of proving the point? You sound like the old dudes at my work who complain loudly about how we can't have fun at work anymore whenever we have a sexual harassment course.

Fruit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Caper posted:

People like that lady or a few in this thread only correct others' verbiage for attention or to assert some moral superiority. If the guy says it jokingly and is obviously not doing it out of hate people just need to stfu

lmao

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I still like the show and I don't know why it is controversial to say that Jonathan still has elements of that white hippie with dreadlocks "I don't even see color" sort of mentality. Some of the best parts of the show are when he says some dumb poo poo about race or women and Seth either pushes him to keep talking or drops in the voicemail number.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

inferis posted:

I still like the show and I don't know why it is controversial to say that Jonathan still has elements of that white hippie with dreadlocks "I don't even see color" sort of mentality. Some of the best parts of the show are when he says some dumb poo poo about race or women and Seth either pushes him to keep talking or drops in the voicemail number.

888.842.2357 this is Jonathan, NOT Seth

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Like that joke wouldn't even be funny unless you understood that what Jonathan is saying is terrible

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

inferis posted:

Like that joke wouldn't even be funny unless you understood that what Jonathan is saying is terrible

depicting anything, or representing it in any way, is the same as enthusiastic endorsement.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
telling a story about people who are bad or racist or misogynist? why do you hate women, you white supremacist?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I guess this thread gets triggered when anyone even implies that anything these two might have ever said anything that could be possibly problematic. I wish we could discuss this without you getting so emotional.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

uhh yeah dude is about building things up, not tearing them down

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It's weird how this thread spends so much time making fun of the Facebook group being mostly unfunny sycophants parroting uyd catchphrases but derails any attempt to actually discuss the show critically.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

inferis posted:

It's weird how this thread spends so much time making fun of the Facebook group being mostly unfunny sycophants parroting uyd catchphrases but derails any attempt to actually discuss the show critically.

thats what happens when a significant number of people posting in the thread are Dangerously GBS and seriously cry about "virtue signalling" and "muh free speech"

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

hmm, people getting mad about jonathan saying fruit, but not mad when he said the n word in the early brooklyn show. i guess black lives don't matter, huh

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So much for the tolerant left

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

inferis posted:

horrible ching chong voice

lol

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I want Jah to review/reveal the anime he's been watching.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
there's literally a city in china called chongqing. the liberal media won't even acknowledge this

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Comedy should not use cuss words.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Naptime jew!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

Comedy should not use cuss words.

epic gbs guy ftw

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

djnkro posted:

Naptime jew!

Holy poo poo I forgot about that. I was dying at the idea of Jah yelling at 12 year olds on Xbox.

I recently re-listened to the episode where Seth walks into the Scientology building and is met by a hot chick and gets grilled by Scientologists who are suspecting him of being some sort of undercover journalist. Full pani right there.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I want Jah to review/reveal the anime he's been watching.

yeah definitely would like to hear his lineup

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot about that. I was dying at the idea of Jah yelling at 12 year olds on Xbox.

I recently re-listened to the episode where Seth walks into the Scientology building and is met by a hot chick and gets grilled by Scientologists who are suspecting him of being some sort of undercover journalist. Full pani right there.

Was that the one when Seth just completely pretended to have no knowledge of Scientology and was really polite to the guides (while having a massive internal pani), and then went through the Museum of Psychology? A great Seth story.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Alaois posted:

888.842.2357 this is Jonathan, NOT Seth

what episode was that because that was a funny bit, I think it was about female drivers

Agent York Morgan
Apr 28, 2013

The Narrator posted:

Was that the one when Seth just completely pretended to have no knowledge of Scientology and was really polite to the guides (while having a massive internal pani), and then went through the Museum of Psychology? A great Seth story.

What episode is that story from?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Agent York Morgan posted:

What episode is that story from?

Ep 61. Seth signs in to the Museum of Psychiatry as a "professional podcaster."

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

little munchkin posted:

Jah started getting high before every episode and it's hurt the quality imo. He can't really contribute much besides laughing at Seth, and Seth I guess is compensating by exaggerating his rants to a huge degree.

Well look who was wrong as hell. Jonathan is sober now, at least until he gets into that Ketamine trial

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Does Seth actually tweet from the Twitter account now? Saw a tweet that uses "mad" as slang. Figured it's gotta be him.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
April fool! You're a loving fool, idiot!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

birds posted:

Does Seth actually tweet from the Twitter account now? Saw a tweet that uses "mad" as slang. Figured it's gotta be him.

when he first took over the twitter account he just posted a ton of stuff about architecture for weeks

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
You'd think the easily offended types would have been filtered out after Jah claimed that 10% of black children have Downs syndrome

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Seth's black grandson Jeff really balances it out.

Do you guys remember when Jah tried to promote the movie Zeitgeist ten years ago? :lol: I wonder about his current beliefs regarding 9/11 conspiracies.
Isn't he an anti-vaxer? I remember him mentioning it.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 2, 2017

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Jonathan is what we call a "classic skeptic"

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Strap in for Jonathan doing a ketamine depression study y'all.

Seriously, the phone call in the middle of #569 was really interesting. How has Jonathan not been diagnosed with ADD? He's constantly skipping around when speaking with the people at the clinic; his sentences never end the way he seems to intend when he starts them. I really hope he follows through on this, I'd love to hear about him going through a psychiatric study based around ketamine.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

he also raises his voice as if he's anticipating being interrupted

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

poop dood posted:

Seriously, the phone call in the middle of #569 was really interesting. How has Jonathan not been diagnosed with ADD?
I know it's come up way way back but I can't remember if he said he actually was or if he obviously could've been but never went through with doing it -- I know he mentioned the thing where you can get extra time on standardized tests but I don't remember if he was saying he took advantage of that or that he regretted not doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Oh yeah, I know he's mentioned before that he could've/should've been diagnosed before, I'm just surprised that it's never happened.