Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I'd be up for doing what you said, then.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So what's the generally accepted level cap for being available for co-op and invasions in DS3?

120 for dueling and ng+ invasions (staying 80-100 gives you better odds for invading in the non-hotspot areas though, I find).

140 was fairly popular for the player made covenants, Bloodshades and Crusaders, but I don't think that stuff is as active anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
player made covenants sounds super cringe

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Genocyber posted:

120 for dueling and ng+ invasions (staying 80-100 gives you better odds for invading in the non-hotspot areas though, I find).

140 was fairly popular for the player made covenants, Bloodshades and Crusaders, but I don't think that stuff is as active anymore.

PM sent.

I'm charging my headset in eager anticipation of jolly cooperation.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lakbay posted:

I hope the next soulsborne game is nothing but swamps

Shrek Souls is the IP reboot we need.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

KingSlime posted:

You should read up on it, because it's dumber than you probably think.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was able to get one game in as a Spear (I took no damage, poor guy), but the matchmaking seems to be working as well as the over pvp covenants for me. :(

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

KingSlime posted:

You haven't heard of the THE BLOODSHADES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SCYfYK4pE

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Azuth0667 posted:

How do you counter the double greatsword?

They do have a fair bit of animation lock, you could probably pull out a bow or crossbow and plink them once or twice and win the battle of attrition that way.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I imagine Great Mace/Vordt's with Perseverance active could win a slugfest with the twin greatswords.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Internet Kraken posted:

The painting guardians are complete morons and I really don't get how anyone struggles with them. They're just annoying. In most fights the first one gets killed before I even finish warping in.

The first one isn't the problem because yeah, probably dead by the time you spawn in. It's the second one that spawns in 30 seconds later that any spear with half a brain can use to catch you and shred you.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

If you're on PS4 add me mandggaming and I will add you to our goon souls co-op group. generally someone on to help somewhere.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So Lightning Arrow's a cool miracle. If you hold a talisman's Unfaltering Prayer button to cast the effect stays on pretty much permanently since you don't have to release the shot immediately like a regular bow. Also like a regular bow you can move. I was slow walking around and tanking hits from the Firelink hollows and it looks like the poise can be broken (it took around 7 hits in rapid sequence with the Sunlight talisman) but it looks like it slowly regenerates. I got 11 hits on my Canvas talisman from a single hollow who wasn't too keen on attacking before it got broken. I don't know if this is super useful or not but it's interesting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Do I need to worry about my level much for doing co-op? Just beat the dragonslayer armour and i'm level 87 although i've also cleared to the nameless king

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vermain posted:

I imagine Great Mace/Vordt's with Perseverance active could win a slugfest with the twin greatswords.

Quakestone perseverance wins every slugfest

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Jose posted:

Do I need to worry about my level much for doing co-op? Just beat the dragonslayer armour and i'm level 87 although i've also cleared to the nameless king

That's a good level range for end game. Also recommend you get your weapon up to +9/10 if you haven't yet, as it takes that into account as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ringed inner wall bonfire onwards is the biggest load of poo poo ever.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Jose posted:

You are on the higher side, but not crazily so. Don't go out of your way to grind levels and you'll be fine. I think I finished the game between level 90-95. I'm now on the second DLC and just hit 102. I never had any issues co-oping on my playthrough, but the game had just came out and the playerbase was huge, so ymmv

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Jose posted:

People want help with a bunch of the end game bosses and right now all DLC bosses summon a lot i imagine. So co-op away. 87 is fine for all the end game bosses pretty much.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Is there any way to kill the headless guys faster?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is there any way to kill the headless guys faster?

Drop attack them. It'll one-shot them if you have a high enough damage weapon or at least take away most of their HP.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Time to eat my fuckin' words...

I watched the SL1 NG+7 No Rolling Or Blocking Against Midir video and kinda figured out what he was doing. Took me...

2 tries after to beat that fuckboy.

Thank you all for the tips and tricks. I will echo your strats: no lock on, stay more or less in front, run/dodge backwards from his swipes and bites, perpendicular to his flame breath, and watch for the lunges. I used the final boss's greatsword +5 instead of my trusty greatsowrd +10 because it swings loving fast with light stamina use.

I still don't think this was a very fun fight, but I get why playing "classical souls boss" strategy against him wasn't working. The camera is all hosed up, his hitboxes are wonky as balls, and it's just generally not a fun time unless you boop his nose.

Time for Spears... :getin:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Drop attack does like 1/4 their health with vordt's +5

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

il serpente cosmico posted:

You are on the higher side, but not crazily so. Don't go out of your way to grind levels and you'll be fine. I think I finished the game between level 90-95. I'm now on the second DLC and just hit 102. I never had any issues co-oping on my playthrough, but the game had just came out and the playerbase was huge, so ymmv

Cool. I need 3 more dex to use the Darkmoon Longbow and then i'll increase my attunement since its only at 32 and I should be able to get it to 40 for an extra slot pretty much on 100

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Try a thrusting/slashing/standard weapon?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Are you getting the special animation?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Drop right on the gaping black hole. It will do a special animation and do 75-100% of health depending on weapon strength.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

How do you counter the double greatsword?

I found a way, but it's specific to ADELBERT STEINER's build

I've already got a lot of poise, so I put on the Wolf Ring +3 to bump up to 35 poise, then use Stomp when someone comes helicoptering at me

a lot of folks who thought they'd disturb Filianore's sleep today were in for a big surprise when they got planked by my BKGS :twisted:

edit: along the lines of the greathammer WAs, I'm pretty sure Morne's would also be rude as hell

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh okay.

Too bad they spawn in packs and the rest of the environment isn't good for precise drops either :sigh:

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
Midir really isn't that hard in terms of moveset -- I don't even think the tells are that bad when standing under him, since the only attack you really have to worry about when between his back two legs is the fire, and you can easily see that coming based on tail movement -- but could definitely use a 20-30% HP nerf. It took me five attempts to kill him, but I died between 10 and 30% on every one of those, so that was just short of two hours. Until I farmed up a Lothric Knight GS I couldn't even fit my attempts on one 15 minute PS4 shareplay recording. 15+ minutes is just too drat long for a boss fight.

I'm guessing as a dedicated pyromancer the fight lasts more than half an hour....

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh okay.

Too bad they spawn in packs and the rest of the environment isn't good for precise drops either :sigh:

Uh everywhere they appear the environment is great for drop attacks.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Do ultra weapons still have hyperarmor with 0 poise, or did that go out the door with the other poise changes? All the best fashion has 0 poise.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

RatHat posted:

Uh everywhere they appear the environment is great for drop attacks.

I don't know where you're supposed to drop at the start of the muck. And they can see me when I'm trying to line up on the arch before that. The fact that there is three is a bigger problem, and the environment isn't made to help me get around that I think

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Weeping Wound posted:

I found a way, but it's specific to ADELBERT STEINER's build

I've already got a lot of poise, so I put on the Wolf Ring +3 to bump up to 35 poise, then use Stomp when someone comes helicoptering at me

a lot of folks who thought they'd disturb Filianore's sleep today were in for a big surprise when they got planked by my BKGS :twisted:

edit: along the lines of the greathammer WAs, I'm pretty sure Morne's would also be rude as hell

Trance mode :ssj:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How bad is the aquamarine dagger of PvP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know someone asked this already but it was ages ago, does anyone have a video of the dialogue you get from theNPC who answers the door after the Ringed inner city bonfire?
You know, the one where the fat dudes walk up the stairs and kill you as you talk to the NPC :smithicide:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I know someone asked this already but it was ages ago, does anyone have a video of the dialogue you get from theNPC who answers the door after the Ringed inner city bonfire?
You know, the one where the fat dudes walk up the stairs and kill you as you talk to the NPC :smithicide:

Not all of it, but if you're looking for the bit with directions to Midir then vaati vidya's video has it.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Genocyber posted:

I run a character at SL 150, and I can confirm that there is still plenty of potential for invasions if you decide to stop a little bit higher than the traditionally​ accepted "meta" level. But yeah, you can't top 120 for sheer volume.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is there a max SL meta where everyone wears Havel's set and ninjaflips at each other forever? I don't think any other meta would be good.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I have 27 STR, shouldn't I be able to two-hand the twin greatswords since they need 40 STR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah paired weapons can't be two handed