Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

King Possum III posted:

From the Netherlands

I'd have the same reaction as that dude at seeing the word abolute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

loquacius posted:

falling on my extremely nerdy sword for the cause

it is an authentic wakizashi purchased at a renaissance fair

Finally I have a name for my shockingly racist samurai-themed clown persona:

Wacky-zashi :hai:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I bet they know.

I don't know if that was a typo or autocorrect error, but it's hilarious so I'm leaving it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess previous fire analogies weren't explicit enough.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

I give it about a quarter-Rall.

e: Maybe a third, it is literally a hot take but not as hot a take as it could be.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 1, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The only thing to do here is flee the house, which in this analogy translates to fleeing the country. An Actually Kind Of Alarmist Cartoon.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Apparently nobody told Garrison he won the Gay Abortion for worst comic, otherwise he would be crowing about it.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Shoo shoo, internet goblin (also what the hell is this trying to say?)

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pander posted:

I'd have the same reaction as that dude at seeing the word abolute.

Why should Erdogan spend a lot of money on fancy ballots that'll wind up in the trash anyway?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

nerd plus rage posted:

who'd write internetprivacy

or inter net privacy?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

nerd plus rage posted:

Not to mention who is saying that internet privacy is two words? Is it the computer? The spambot goblin? Uncle Sam? The cartoonist as narrator?

My honest best guess is that "gently caress you" is also two words. I doubt that's what it is though, very strange to find a cartoon so unparsable.

King Possum III posted:

From the Netherlands

From the Netherlands

My god did these actually appear in a newspaper? That art is appalling, looks like something an 8 year old cooked up on a tablet.

As for the message, I do like the first one. It's interesting how enormous of a failure in messaging the European program (both Eurozone and EU) have been when in fact they have contributed enormously to an age of peace and prosperity in Europe. The idea that the authoritarians are crude disgusting strongmen trying to have their way with the EU is I assume what they're getting at there.

The second one is just plain horrible in every way

Play fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 1, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/taxmarchnyc/status/847132606168752133

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Kimberly Strassel has an idea of what could be worse than Russian interference. In her WSJ column she says the bombshell news story of the week was drowned out by the uproar created by California Rep Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee. Schiff is outraged that Committee Chairman Devin Nunes violated protocol by viewing classified documents at the White House, and briefing Trump rather than sharing with the committee.

The real news is what’s in the documents.

quote:

First, there were dozens of documents with information about Trump officials. Second, the information these documents contained was not related to Russia. Third, while many reports did “mask” identities (referring, for instance, to “U.S. Person 1 or 2”) they were written in ways that made clear which Trump officials were being discussed. Fourth, in at least one instance, a Trump official other than Mr. Flynn was outright unmasked. Finally, these documents were circulated at the highest levels of government.

To sum up, Team Obama was spying broadly on the incoming administration.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
* If you include the rich, for whom food and clothes are a tiny fraction of their budget.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

i enjoy the monty python esque white house monster truck

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/230sjZ8.gifv

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

How? How is he so bad at constructing metaphors?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm not that great at U.S. senator recognition when they're reduced to Ramirez's bug-splat-on-windshield style but I'm assuming that's Chuck Schumer that is made of metal and devoured and obstructing the bowels of Justice, while also been separately X-rayed to show a metal peanut for a brain?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Lady Justice is demonstrably stupid and it's up to the GOP to take care of whatever is in her babymaking area. An accurate representation of the GOP's viewpoint.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Ramirez is old enough and has a terrible enough diet that he thinks that the perfect, his-readers-will-get-it metaphor for "obstruction of a positive process" is "bowel obstruction."

After that it's just a matter of applying two different names to the x-ray twice each, throwing in a joke about how the Chuck Schumer patient (whoever that is) has a tiny brain, and throwing in four arrows to make sure his aging white male audience (who probably all have lovely diets) understand what he's getting at.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

By blocking Gorsuch, Dems can at least attempt to stem the flood of poo poo. AGC.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Lady Justice's colon is a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

I know everyone else is already piling in on this terrible comic but jesus christ in one comic showing one and a half X-rays he alternates between three different x-ray labelling conventions.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

"If we paid more in taxes, maybe some of that money would actually go to social programs and not just military vehicles."

"haha. what an idiot. we already DO pay taxes, and the money DOES go to military vehicles instead of social programs."

"I . . . know???"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Uh... no?

The answer is no. That is not worse. Even if both were literally 100% true the former is pretty clearly the greater of two evils.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

Uh... no?

The answer is no. That is not worse. Even if both were literally 100% true the former is pretty clearly the greater of two evils.

When it's finally revealed that the NSA is led by the ghost of Kim Jong Il, I will remember this post and NOT accept your apology.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

SomeMathGuy posted:

Lady Justice's colon is a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it.

Lady Justice eats crime and shits justice.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Webguy posted:

Lady Justice eats crime and shits justice.

Wait, she eats her enemies and excretes copies of herself?

Lady justice is a yoshi?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

What's that, Ramirez? Preventing the President from nominating a member of the Supreme Court is bad? Where were you in 2016? Go choke on Donald's micropenis, you humongous rear end in a top hat.

I'm fine with Gorsuch never getting the post as long as Garland doesn't get it first.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Now that's my kind of Trolley Problem!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cat Mattress posted:

What's that, Ramirez? Preventing the President from nominating a member of the Supreme Court is bad? Where were you in 2016? Go choke on Donald's micropenis, you humongous rear end in a top hat.

I'm fine with Gorsuch never getting the post as long as Garland doesn't get it first.

Yeah, what was the justification Republicans used for blocking Obama from appointing anyone in 2016? "Obama has no mandate, let the American people decide." Well the election came and went and our stupid anti-democratic electoral system allowed the guy who came in #2 in the popular vote to win the election, effectively giving us a president with no popular mandate, and now all the sudden, Republicans don't give a poo poo about the will of the people (they never did).

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

HootTheOwl posted:

Now that's my kind of Trolley Problem!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also, this is Chuck Schumer:

Physically, Chuck has two major features. (He also has a big ol' NYC rich guy accent, but you can't really draw that.) He has gray hair, and he has a strong chin.

Somehow, Ramirez just reproduced his W. Bush manta rayface.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

D.N. Nation posted:

Also, this is Chuck Schumer:

Physically, Chuck has two major features. (He also has a big ol' NYC rich guy accent, but you can't really draw that.) He has gray hair, and he has a strong chin.

Somehow, Ramirez just reproduced his W. Bush manta rayface.
To quote my own Ramirez profile, he can't really figure out how to end faces that don't have a beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Vib Rib posted:

But you hate women and gay people. And so does almost every single person who justifies their Islamaphobia with "they're throwing gay people off buildings!", it seems.
Seriously, this might be the biggest ongoing trend of concern-trolling I've ever loving seen. The same people who constantly insult, attack, and demean various minority groups will then point out how patriotic we are as a country for supporting them when those SAVAGES in the Middle East attack them. Tinsley hates people who are gay, black, transgender, or female, but when the Middle East comes up he's running around bragging like he's always been their best ally. gently caress you, Tinsley. Weren't you super vocal against gay marriage? So yeah, trumpet on about how you think gay people have rights when you were fighting those rights every step of the way.

I used to think Tinsley was bland but these days he's easily one of my most hated artists. What an absolute piece of poo poo.

It's like what Trump said in that convention speech. He's going to protect the LGBT...Q community against a hateful foreign ideology. He's cool with the domestic hateful ideology.

• Locked thread