Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:stare: Well, I guess I'm done with Banner 4 after one pull. Time to grab Alphinaud :getin:

I would like this pull, please.

(Congrats!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
OH YEAH

The dollar pull comes through for me with the Ashe OSB!

I don't have her BSB, which is unfortunate since I don't know when/if it will recur. But between this and Shanttotto Burst, and hopefully Desch coming up...I feel like a Lightning Team is calling to me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

4/11!

Not either of the two, I wanted, though. At least no dupes.

Not pulling on Banner 5 so that's it for me. I got Shout so I still feel like a winner.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

Disturbing lack of Orlandeau OSB and Alphinaud BSBs in the reported pulls :( I don't wanna draw yet.
3 pulls, didn't get a single BSB but Alphie has an 8* jacket now and...

I'm not sure how to feel about this RNG :shepicide:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

My luck's holding out, and I'll still have enough for banner 5 as well. :sun: Presumably when the Torment dungeons come back I'll actually take a gander at them.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Decided to go for one more pull, 3/11.

2x Agrias BSB, Eiko BSB, still no dupes:toot:

Didn't really get any of the big things I wanted off the banner (Orlandeau OSB, Alphinaud BSB, Onion SSB) but this Fest has been great to me so far.

I think I should have enough Mythril to take a World of Final Fantasy pull, even if it's not that good of a banner. Really want to grab Reynn and Lann's BSBs since I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Did a bunch of realm dungeons to get enough mythril for an 11-pull on Phase 4, and I got Agrias' BSB (Holy Imperil with small Holy boost) and Agrias' OSB (Holy damage and it does more damage to Holy vulnerable or Holy weakness). The rest of the pull was trash, but that pair was worth it.

Shame I used my last MC3 on Onion Knight; I want all my OSBers at 99. I absolutely suck at getting MC3s in fights.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pyroclastic posted:

Did a bunch of realm dungeons to get enough mythril for an 11-pull on Phase 4, and I got Agrias' BSB (Holy Imperil with small Holy boost) and Agrias' OSB (Holy damage and it does more damage to Holy vulnerable or Holy weakness). The rest of the pull was trash, but that pair was worth it.

Shame I used my last MC3 on Onion Knight; I want all my OSBers at 99. I absolutely suck at getting MC3s in fights.

Theres a bunch of MC3s in the Hall of _______ Nemesis events right now. If theres one you've got good synergy for (across the three realms for each), you can probably muddle through with a RW or a mythril refresh between fights if you're having trouble. Anyway, its a good source for grabbing MC3s.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Thank god, got Eiko's BSB so I finally have a heal. Gonna pull once on Banner 5 and save the rest for future banners.

Got a bunch of BSBs and a couple OSBs, this fest has been quite good to me. I love this game and it's incredible amount of free currency.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
since I am likely going to skip banner 5 here due to not having enough mythril, I did one final pull for this anniversary

I think I did rather well overall for the anniversary.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Spent the rest of my mythril on 4 draws on this banner. Got a second Eiko BSB, second Miracle Veil, Ashe's OSB, 2 copies of Divine Ruination, Blowback, and Chant.

No Alph BSB or SSB :(

Still now I can have OK as a mage OR support and have an SSB/burst command to use! Chant means I have all of Ramza's Soul Breaks aside from his BSB, and Agrias BSB is great. :toot:

Also my main squad of OK, Ramza, Y'shtola, and TG Cid has 3 party heals, and two stoneskins.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 1, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

6/33

Agrias's OSB
Eiko's BSB (dupe)
Alphinaud's BSB x2
Alphinaud's SSB x2

I was hoping to get Agrias's BSB too because that would give me every single SB for Agrias, but alas

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

First pull netted me Alphinoud ssb. Second pull got Agrias BSB, Alphinoud BSB, Orlandeau OSB. Agrias has been on my A team ever since the first tactics banner when I got both her relics, and Orlandeau has been since the last dungeon update lucky draw when I got his BSB. My team of holy knights is now nicely geared up! This makes four different Excaliburs in one week, between Pecil, Celes, Agrias, and Orlandeau.

I have 100 mythril and would love to get Agrias's OSB too, but I don't think that's a wise idea. I already have pretty much everything else I wanted from this banner. I guess I'll hold off for whatever the next big thing is.

Also holy crap, this anniversary has been generous. 28 relics in 10 11-pulls, counting that dungeon update lucky draw right before. I went from 2 OSB and 8 BSB, to 7 and 18, and that's not even counting ssb's like sheepsong and deployment tactics. I've gotten so many relics so fast I have no idea what to use where. It's a nice problem to have!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I got alph's deployment tactics. I'm gonna try to scrape together enough mythril for another pull.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ooooo, got Agrias's Excalibur from the dollar pull.

My holy A-team is now Agrias with BSB and Cleansing Strike; Ramza with Shout; Beatrix with Seiken Shock, Sword of the Clear Mind, and Knight Protector; Orlandeau with his BSB; and Eiko with Prayer of the Lost.

Some might say having this new BSB and Beatrix's BSB is redundant. I say it's officially time to smite some goddamn heathens.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Did an 11, Genji Glove and two Wiyus. So do I combine them since they're books? Also I guess I need to get Alph off of level rear end.

E: as I suspected, level 1. Eggs away

McDragon fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 1, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

McDragon posted:

Did an 11, Genji Glove and two Wiyus. So do I combine them since they're books? Also I guess I need to get Alph off of level rear end.

E: as I suspected, level 1. Eggs away
if your 14 synergy is rear end and you have any reason to use Tyro in that realm you might keep them separate? That's about it

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That's an idea, those two things are generally the case. Two books it is. Thanks

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Onion Knight is also a book bro. This can be useful if you get his BSB or just wanna run him as another mage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Was sitting at 247 mythril and I did 4 pulls, wanting Orlandu's OSB (already have his BSB) but Agrias's OSB would be ok and her BSB would be wonderful:

Veil of Wiyu (had one)
Evoker's Doublet x2 (had one)
Chaos Rod x2
Eternal staff x2
Durandal
Hamelin

Nothing but dupes and poo poo I don't care about in the slightest (Hamelin would be fine if I didn't have Y'shtola's BSB already). The game really does not want to give me any relics I want if they're holy-element.

...3 quick stage blitzes later to hit 50 mythril:

Finally his OSB is mine. So many pulls but finally got it. :toot:

..and now Alphinaud is using an 8* Veil of Wiyu and an 8* Evoker's Doublet. He has 436 MAG at level 80 with no synergy. :stare:

e: For Orlandu, giving him a white mage robe (minor holy dmg boost) is going to be better than using armor that gives 20-25 atk right?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 1, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Gambling owns, 5/11.

Thunder God
Agrias OSB and BSB
Yuna Super
OK super

I really wanted that saintly excalibur and am really glad I got it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So the anniversary finally relented and I got stuff I wanted, and stuff I probably should have wanted

First, Orlandu OSB: With no BSB, is this worth using in isolation? Lifesiphon-Powerchain? Lifesiphon-Full Charge or some 5* spellblade when a vuln is present? Is he worth fully diving with just his OSB?

Second, Alphanerd's BSB and SSB - I have yet to hone any 4* or 5* summons, should I hone Tiamat for him? I also have Rydia's BSB if Titan should factor into considerations.

Should I dive him for 5* Black/White? Look at Meltdown or Valigarmanda? Or is his BSB strong enough just spamming Wind Blade that I should ignore summons and other spells?

For mage meta stuff, I have Onion Knight's BSB and Serah's Faithga, so I could run something like Alphanerd, Terra osb/ssb or Rydia BSB/Titan, OK, Serah, and Ysh with bsb/ssb for healing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So with Cids OSB and BSB I'm still kinda tempted to do the Thunder God OSB Spam Chaos Dunk thing, but OSB in to BSB and then firing off his BSB commands is probably far more feasible in most cases. He's going to murder faces with a 198 atk sword either way. :black101:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

victrix posted:

So the anniversary finally relented and I got stuff I wanted, and stuff I probably should have wanted

First, Orlandu OSB: With no BSB, is this worth using in isolation? Lifesiphon-Powerchain? Lifesiphon-Full Charge or some 5* spellblade when a vuln is present? Is he worth fully diving with just his OSB?

Second, Alphanerd's BSB and SSB - I have yet to hone any 4* or 5* summons, should I hone Tiamat for him? I also have Rydia's BSB if Titan should factor into considerations.

Should I dive him for 5* Black/White? Look at Meltdown or Valigarmanda? Or is his BSB strong enough just spamming Wind Blade that I should ignore summons and other spells?

For mage meta stuff, I have Onion Knight's BSB and Serah's Faithga, so I could run something like Alphanerd, Terra osb/ssb or Rydia BSB/Titan, OK, Serah, and Ysh with bsb/ssb for healing.

So, for Orlandeau: His BSB is usually a trap. OSB -> Full charge spam with the quick cast buff is a pseudo BSB and great, and the cast Times on his actual BSBare slow enough that it becomes a liability unless you a) have R5 Powerchain to pair with it, or b) have his OSB and BSB and multiple gauges of SB to work with back to back. But in that case, chaining OSB's is often more compelling anyway. So it kind of ends up redundant.

Basically, give Orlandeau Lifesiphon or whatever double spellblade or knight skill hits weakness. (He can hit everything but dark between spellblade 5 and Knight 5). Put Full Break in his other slot if you have it honed already, otherwise, put Saints Cross there if the boss doesn't have an elemental weakness. Enjoy.

As for Alphanerd: the main reason to dive him, IMO, is if you want him to use Meltdown with his self ether. In most other cases, you're just going to summon until BSB and then BSB/command 1 spam. Avoid Tiamat unless you will always be running the stacking buffs to get him to 1200 Mag - it's too heavy a lift in general. Bahamut is good. Ultima and Titan are fine too. Valigarmanda is potent but unhonable and that ether command is almost always a trap versus command one spam. (The main exception is Titan versus AoE, wind resistant dudes, and fire or earth vulnerable things you can be hitting with Meltdown.)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

I have . . . met my minimum goal and I find this acceptable.

100 Gem - Veil of Wiyu
1/11 - Eternal Staff
1/11 - Genji Gauntlet
2/11 - Dupe Eternal Staff, Ragnarok
3/11 - Dupe Genji Gauntlet, Dupe Veil of Wiyu, Hamelin

So 8/45, 5/45 if you subtract dupes but I got Ragnarok and I am pleased. :dance:

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

victrix posted:

Chaining Orlandeau's OSB is a very viable strategy when you are fighting a boss vulnerable to holy or lightning. I like to use lifesiphon + powerchain with ace-striker RM for this purpose.

Alphinaud's BSB is very strong by itself, particularly on single target fights or any wind-vulnerable fights. In general you just want to chain his command 1 and recast the BSB when it runs out.
There are a few cases where using Valigarmanda along with his ether command can gain you more damage, like in multi-target boss fights against targets vulnerable to ice/lightning/fire.
There are a few cases where using Meltdown is beneficial for him, particularly if a boss is weak to earth or fire but not wind.
There is essentially almost no reason to dive him to 5* white magic.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

UHD posted:

1/11 and it's Onion Knight's staff which is probably the worst thing I could have pulled, thanks game

I did this too...i have ok bsb and osb though too

axe
Jul 28, 2006
Student of the John Zoidberg School of Medicine
So I just started playing a few weeks ago and now have a ton of relics from the 'fest but no idea about what sort of team(s) I could make.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/ueZB

Aerith - BSB
Agrias - BSB, OSB
Alphinaud - SSB
Ashe - OSB
Bartz - OSB
Cid Raines - BSB
Firion- SSB, BSB
Kain - BSB
Leila - SSB, OSB
Lightning - SSBx2, OSB
Locke - BSB
OK - SSBx2, OSB
TGCid - OSB
Ramza - Shout/Chant, BSB, Tailwind
Refia - BSB
Rydia - BSB
Serah - BSB
Setzer - BSB
Terra - OSB
Vaan - BSB
Vanille - BSB
Y'shtola - BSB

I'm thinking I probably have enough to put together a good physical team around Ramza, but I'm not sure who else would make the cut for that, same for a magic team with Raines.

I just don't feel like I know enough about what characters synergize well together.

axe fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 1, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Randabis posted:

I did this too...i have ok bsb and osb though too

I have his other super too, but it wouldn't matter if I had all his relics, I'm not investing that many motes into a character I don't give two shits about.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

axe posted:

So I just started playing a few weeks ago and now have a ton of relics from the 'fest but no idea about what sort of team(s) I could make.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/ueZB

Aerith - BSB
Agrias - BSB, OSB
Ashe - OSB
Bartz - OSB
Cid Raines - BSB
Firion- SSB, BSB
Kain - BSB
Leila - SSB, OSB
Lightning - SSBx2, OSB
Locke - BSB
OK - SSBx2, OSB
TGCid - OSB
Ramza - Shout/Chant, BSB, Tailwind
Refia - BSB
Rydia - BSB
Serah - BSB
Setzer - BSB
Terra - OSB
Vaan - BSB
Vanille - BSB
Y'shtola - OSB

I'm thinking I probably have enough to put together a good physical team around Ramza, but I'm not sure who else would make the cut for that, same for a magic team with Raines.

I just don't feel like I know enough about what characters synergize well together.

Phone posting so I'm not going to go way in depth but:

Agrias, Firion, Orlandeau, Vanille, Ramza would be an amazing team.

Agrias' BSB gives imperil holy, firion's bsb is a solid holy element beat stick and gives magic blink, Orlandeau's OSB does all the damage, Ramza shouts and supports, give him breakdowns and full break once you have it, and Vanille's BSB is a great healing bsb and also can throw up decent numbers when you don't need healing.

axe
Jul 28, 2006
Student of the John Zoidberg School of Medicine
That team was exactly what I had in mind when I saved most of my pulls for Banner 4. I assume I should RW Wall for that team unless I luck into Y'shtola's SSB at some point.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
To go a little deeper because my friend is taking his sweet time:

Generally Vanille will take the strongest heal spell you have enough hones on, at least curaga to start, curaja asap. The other slot will usually be protectga or shellga

Agrias will take the other proshellga and a solid knight ability. If you need to dispel, banishing strike. Reduce team damage, Gaia strike. And so on.

Orlandeau wants lifesiphon and then whatever. Power chain probably but you have other priorities early on, and lifesiphon to OSB will carry you for awhile. It wouldn't even be a bad idea to give him two lifesiphons to save hones, you'll use them both down the road.

Ramza will hit mastery conditions involving status breaks, and shout forever. He needs mako might or Dr mogs asap

Firion also wants a lifesiphon.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I would probably RW Wall even if you pull SS2, unless you hit a fight where 2 casts doesn't cut it (you won't, at least not anytime soon).

Y'shtola and Vanille do work together on a holy team, but you will very rarely need such a thing. I believe the theory is Y'shtola st heals and walls, Vanille aoe heals and dps with her BSB when you don't need medica. It's a safe but slow strategy.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Want: Agrias & Ashe OSB, Alphinaud BSB

2/11
Orlandeau OSB
Alphinaud SSB

2/11
Orlandeau OSB
Alphinaud SSB

2/11
Orlandeau OSB
Alphinaud SSB

hrrrmmmm

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 1, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alphinaud SSB and 2x OK SSB

pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1/11: Orlandeau OSB

Ok I'm done. I have no idea what team to make now and I have so much to level.

He can equip so much but I feel like you just need lifesiphon and maybe one other skill to hit weaknesses.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11 OK ssb, duplicate Alph bsb.
1/11 Ramza ssb.

:(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So I got Alphinaud's BSB and SSB in my banner 4 pull and I'm putting him in my team, problem is I'm not entirely sure how I should set him up. Should I just give him some 4* black magic abilities, or create some 3* Summoning abilities (Ifrit, Ramuh, Shiva) and hone them a few times? The summons would be pretty cheap since they just use standard orbs.

His BSB #1 attack looks pretty good, I'm just not sure how to go about giving him decent offensive punch before he can trigger his BSB.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I got Alphinaud's BSB and SSB in my banner 4 pull and I'm putting him in my team, problem is I'm not entirely sure how I should set him up. Should I just give him some 4* black magic abilities, or create some 3* Summoning abilities (Ifrit, Ramuh, Shiva) and hone them a few times? The summons would be pretty cheap since they just use standard orbs.

His BSB #1 attack looks pretty good, I'm just not sure how to go about giving him decent offensive punch before he can trigger his BSB.

You are probably better off giving him whatever black magic will hit a weakness than making summons. More casts per hone. (Note I'm talking about right now to get him up and running. There have been a number of posts just recently about how to set him up when you have hones and dives and nightmares cleared)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
2/22 for me, which was... disappointing. But they were Genji Glove and Evoker's Doublet, which were at least not the two relics I already had on this banner. And I didn't get Eternal Staff either, which is good because that would have been a third dupe when I try to chase Onion Gauntlets on Cloud of Darkness 2 in a couple weeks. Still going to have to pull on Rapha/Marach 2 now, though.

• Locked thread