Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
quoting so you don't get lost at the bottom of last page

Jay Rust posted:

My friend forced me to buy this week's Humble Bumble because they're multiplayer-focused but I haven't heard of any of them. Which of these should we start with?

Move or Die
Helldivers
Eon Altar
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Tricky Towers
Rampage Knights

We're just two dudes if that matters

Rampage Knights is an okay way to spend an afternoon or two. It's really arcadey and the only things that carry over are achievement bonuses when you start a game.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
friends my ps4 got here!

I forgot that every game I want is $60 regardless of whether I want it digital or physical, jesus christ

how do you guys live like this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Game rental services and used copies

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Games Chat Thread: April Fools, Persona Rules

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ah April Fools. The day a bunch of bitter nerds get weirdly angry that a website flipped its text upside down or something

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
im still waiting for the gackt game that gameforms promised us that one april fools

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

My friend forced me to buy this week's Humble Bumble because they're multiplayer-focused but I haven't heard of any of them. Which of these should we start with?

Move or Die
Helldivers
Eon Altar
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Tricky Towers
Rampage Knights

We're just two dudes if that matters

Tricky Towers is bullshit physics tetris and is pretty fun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

please don't buy ys vi if you buy any ys, it's kind of bad

unfortunate cause it has the best soundtrack and is one of the two ys vi engine games to have dogi, but it is very badly designed and frustrating

still... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6G_nFcAjDk

Ys 6 is pretty good, just with 1 very annoying frustrating part that you have to do twice (that one specific jump in the Ruins of Amnesia. You know the one). It's rough compared to Oath in Felghana and Origins, but it's still a good game, and it was my first ys game (specifically the ps2 release) and it's pretty fun.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Game rental services and used copies

I guess I'll start Uncharted 4 for now. Hoo boy this was an impulsive purchase then bcause I'd rather save my sixty bux til Tuesday when KNACK 2 comes out. I'd pick up Nioh tonight but spending $120 on ps4 games in one week is too tough to justify after impulse ordering the console ha, and I still gotta beat the ringed city anyways

Either way s'cool because the system woulda cost me the same whether I got it today or on GLORIOUS KNACK 2 RELEASE DATE next week instead

still eager to play Nioh, I'll fish around for used copies in a few weeks

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Macaluso posted:

Ah April Fools. The day a bunch of bitter nerds get weirdly angry that a website flipped its text upside down or something

Remember that time google added a mic drop button to its emails which made it so nobody could reply to that string, then replaced the send button with a send button that sent that instead right next to the real one. ha ha what a funny joke

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is my favorite mcelroy moment right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sk7FDmOXZ4&t=466s

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

no one has done anything fun or creative for April Fools for years.
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/847913284971896832

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I like Blizzard's April Fools stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Arika announced a new game as an April fools gag so that's pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually had no idea Arika was still making games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everyone. I'm bored, trying to keep busy. Was thinking of streaming a game but none of my buds are up for a call so instead I think I'm gonna play some Legend of Grimrock 1 since I never beat that game.

How's everybody's night going?

Grapplejack posted:

Oh come now, it's all in good fun and there are plenty of neat or interesting things that happen with april fools day, like the pac-man google maps stuff or the youtube snoop 360 vids.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I had a long nap today and feel great! :woop:

I've been Hitmanning but I'm considering skipping getting the humble monthly bundle this month (when it drops next week) and getting Phantom Brave since it's cheap right now and I could go for some fun srpg times. Still on the fence, though!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

I had a long nap today and feel great! :woop:

I've been Hitmanning but I'm considering skipping getting the humble monthly bundle this month (when it drops next week) and getting Phantom Brave since it's cheap right now and I could go for some fun srpg times. Still on the fence, though!

You are way too close to breaking past my Hitman playtime. :bahgawd:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm feeling a bit sick today, nothing that a night of sleep shouldn't be able to cure though.

I've been listening to S-Town, and drat is that one of the saddest podcasts ever.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
April Fools stuff is kind of annoying in that it's a bunch of companies reminding you that they could be way more fun and creative if they wanted to but they don't.

This is cute, at least.

I really wish 100 ft Robot Golf was a better game. The Mcelroys deserve better.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Are you guys getting persona 5 physical or digital?

I like having super special games that deserve to always be installed in digital format. It kills the potential for resale but the convenience is worth it. For most other games (99 percent of them), I do physical so I can sell them later.

What about you??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

don't worry, the mcelroys will be in trolls 2

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Are you guys getting persona 5 physical or digital?

I like having super special games that deserve to always be installed in digital format. It kills the potential for resale but the convenience is worth it. For most other games (99 percent of them), I do physical so I can sell them later.

What about you??

Physical, since I ordered the special edition with the soundtrack and art book.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Guy Mann posted:

Seriously. 100FRB devs were on GiantBomb a few months ago and the GB guys were having a real hard time not giving away how loving bored they were with the game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You are way too close to breaking past my Hitman playtime. :bahgawd:

I really love this game!!

I also found a Trump parody in Bangkok today, who was sunning himself outside and bragging about how his housemaid thanks him every day for letting her work for him, and how he could become president, and - :stonklol:

It would have been funnier last year, now it's just a nightmare. :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am renting Persona 5.

Edit: There is another Trump reference in Colorado

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

I really love this game!!

I also found a Trump parody in Bangkok today, who was sunning himself outside and bragging about how his housemaid thanks him every day for letting her work for him, and how he could become president, and - :stonklol:

It would have been funnier last year, now it's just a nightmare. :(

Oh cool, another reason for me to hate Bangkok as a level.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Oh cool, another reason for me to hate Bangkok as a level.

What don't you like about Bangkok? I really like it, obnoxious hotel-goers aside - but I'm a giant sucker for vertical levels, they suit my style more than Colorado's flat plain.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

What don't you like about Bangkok? I really like it, obnoxious hotel-goers aside - but I'm a giant sucker for vertical levels, they suit my style more than Colorado's flat plain.

Getting between the two towers is a pain in the rear end and the basement is almost totally useless. Those are my only real complaints with it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they finally released bayonetta on steam

gently caress you, hideki kamiya, even though i already gave you money and played it on my wii u

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Colonel posted:

gently caress you, hideki kamiya, even though i already gave you money and played it on my wii u

:catstare: this is rude as hell

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Getting between the two towers is a pain in the rear end and the basement is almost totally useless. Those are my only real complaints with it.

Ahh, the Marrakesh problem.

... I like the basement. :shobon: It's my favorite place to get a keycard and a servant uniform.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

I suck at navigating it. The whole place looks the same to me and it all feels very limited-access, even if maybe it's not.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Raxivace posted:

I'm feeling a bit sick today, nothing that a night of sleep shouldn't be able to cure though.

I've been listening to S-Town, and drat is that one of the saddest podcasts ever.

I'm halfway through the third episode and I'm glad I only listen to podcasts while at work because I need a bit of a break.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Colonel posted:

It's a real game too with achievements and everything. Amazing

edit: real talk though Bayonetta on steam would be worthless because it wouldn't come with the Peach costume which makes it so Bowser's fists come out of portals to punch angels in the face instead of her hair fists. Without that what's even the point

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Seriously. 100FRB devs were on GiantBomb a few months ago and the GB guys were having a real hard time not giving away how loving bored they were with the game.

Got a link to it, or any highlights or anything?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Colonel posted:

Holy poo poo really? God drat I have got to get out of this hospital roooooom AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh God drat everything I hate this day

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

Holy poo poo really? God drat I have got to get out of this hospital roooooom AAAAAAAAAAAAA
the countdown clock ends on april 11th but its not guaranteed to be released on that day, for now it's just a tease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

It's a free game called 8-bit bayonetta where you just shoot at enemies marching at you to try to get a high score. It's an april fools thing. The achievements apparently have a url hidden in them that links to a bayonetta countdown that ends on the 11th so that's probably when the actual bayonetta pc port gets announced.

• Locked thread