Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

This didn't happen in the comics.

BARRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

I thought One Year Later started with him as mayor and his identity having been made public?

I'm not suggesting that he became mayor and THEN outed himself. Just the "mayor is known as Green Arrow" part. But I could be remembering it all wrong.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rhyno posted:

A lot of stuff on this show didn't happen in the comics. Oliver stole Batman's League of Assassin plots, Sara Lance wasn't in the comics I believe, etc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think that's what Rhyno meant. He/she was just correcting me saying the show would take something from the comic.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Spacebump posted:

A lot of stuff on this show didn't happen in the comics. Oliver stole Batman's League of Assassin plots, Sara Lance wasn't in the comics I believe, etc.

Yeah, Rhyno wasn't starting that old chestnut of an argument.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
hi thread, I stopped watching Arrow midway through last season because I got pretty bored of the Damien Darhk stuff

I've heard this current season is a lot better, correct? Should I bother watching the back half of last season or skip straight to season 5?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I just don't know anymore

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pellisworth posted:

hi thread, I stopped watching Arrow midway through last season because I got pretty bored of the Damien Darhk stuff

I've heard this current season is a lot better, correct? Should I bother watching the back half of last season or skip straight to season 5?

You can jump into this season though last season was fine. This season is shaping up to be the best the show's had though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pellisworth posted:

skip it. All you really need to know is that Oliver becomes mayor by default, Diggle kills his evil brother and feels bad about it, and Felicity nukes a town and kills like 20,000 people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And Laurel dies.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I tend to enjoy stories where the battle between the hero and villain is smaller and more personal rather than big (those can be real fun too) so I really have enjoyed Chase this season. That and like, the city being destroyed in new ways every season gets stale, it was interesting to see Oliver getting completely broken by a guy who really had the best of him. I sincerely hope Chase sticks around as a completely insane foil to him going forward.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Honestly? Grab some beverages of your choice and binge whatever you have left of season 4. There's a lot of stupid in there, but its not nearly as terrible as most claim.

This season is absolutely worth your time, and then some. I too was skeptical and peaced out last year. It is worth catching up on.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

Honestly? Grab some beverages of your choice and binge whatever you have left of season 4. There's a lot of stupid in there, but its not nearly as terrible as most claim.

This season is absolutely worth your time, and then some. I too was skeptical and peaced out last year. It is worth catching up on.

I oddly think the end of season 4 gave Ollie more depth too and it kinda commentary on comic book nerd gripes with modern comics.

The show just took a weird dip in the middle of its 3rd and 4th season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GobiasIndustries posted:

I tend to enjoy stories where the battle between the hero and villain is smaller and more personal rather than big (those can be real fun too) so I really have enjoyed Chase this season. That and like, the city being destroyed in new ways every season gets stale, it was interesting to see Oliver getting completely broken by a guy who really had the best of him. I sincerely hope Chase sticks around as a completely insane foil to him going forward.

I mean at this point I don't think it's tenable for Chase to be around going forward. Somehow I think his story ends this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

I thought One Year Later started with him as mayor and his identity having been made public?

I'm not suggesting that he became mayor and THEN outed himself. Just the "mayor is known as Green Arrow" part. But I could be remembering it all wrong.

You're close. Ollie became mayor but he was never outed as Green Arrow in that run.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Kind of wonder if we're going to find out who Vigilante is. I bet it's the Black Siren or whatever fake Earth Laurel is called for whatever dumb reason. It would be amazing if it was Tommy though.

GobiasIndustries posted:

No this is terrible idea because it just makes him Merlyn.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 1, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They said not until next season.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Probably trying to work with Colin Donnell's schedule.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I hope Vigilante never gets revealed and just shows up from time to time to annoy the everliving gently caress out of Team Arrow.

(No. Not like Merlyn.)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Ollie getting outed as the Green Arrow while mayor in this show would be problematic as he's personally killed the equivalent of a small Midwest town.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Felicity actually killed a small town, it's just a thing people do in this universe.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Hell, Barry kills people just speeding to the store.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
If Oliver gets to continue being Mayor after outing himself and his kill count, then that means...that means Barry Allen becomes President!

(Of Earth.)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

I mean at this point I don't think it's tenable for Chase to be around going forward. Somehow I think his story ends this year.

Hollismason posted:

No this is terrible idea because it just makes him Merlyn.

I feel like there are ways for him to stick around and be interesting but yeah, Merlyn ended up as the kooky friendemy and I wouldn't want him to end up the same way.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

grack posted:

Ollie getting outed as the Green Arrow while mayor in this show would be problematic as he's personally killed the equivalent of a small Midwest town.

Well, to be fair, people still think the Hood/Arrow was Roy Harper. Green Arrow has only been on the wrong side of the law after Ollie declared himself Public Enemy #1, the rest have basically been either non-lethal or responding to lethal force in kind.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The people of Star City would probably be glad to know their mayor is capable of defending himself from the constant threat of ninja attack.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It'd be nice if we got an in-universe look at how the people of Star City think of the Green Arrow and the other vigilantes. I know that's the most basic setup for a clip show, but it's also a way to set up a bunch of set pieces without having to tie them together.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Xelkelvos posted:

It'd be nice if we got an in-universe look at how the people of Star City think of the Green Arrow and the other vigilantes. I know that's the most basic setup for a clip show, but it's also a way to set up a bunch of set pieces without having to tie them together.

They could do it similar to that episode of (I think) Batman Brave And The Bold, but more grounded. I think it was called Legends Of The Dark Knight or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chokes McGee posted:

Well, to be fair, people still think the Hood/Arrow was Roy Harper. Green Arrow has only been on the wrong side of the law after Ollie declared himself Public Enemy #1, the rest have basically been either non-lethal or responding to lethal force in kind.

Yeah, they've written off the first couple of seasons of murder wraps on Roy/The Hood. Its clear that within the show the common public perception is that The Hood/The Arrow and The Green Arrow are different people. Which is why the recruits were shocked to learn the truth.

Which is why the police were more or less working with Green Arrow up until they thought he had murdered whats-his-face. So if he gets cleared of that he's theoretically back to square publicly.

I mean, outing Oliver would be hugely problematic and basically out all his friends and family, which is why I'm only 50/50. But it also would be kind of interesting to see how Star City feels about him and how it all goes. And none of his friends and family have any friends or family left outside the vigilante/superhero/super spy world anyway.

But I don't REALLY expect it because it would be kind of a "no going back" experiment. Although I guess Barry could just change things up again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would LOVE a man on the street interview episode of Arrow. Especially if they did it tongue in cheek like Stargate's 200th episode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rhyno posted:

I would LOVE a man on the street interview episode of Arrow. Especially if they did it tongue in cheek like Stargate's 200th episode.

That or an episode like Love and Monsters or Blink from Doctor Who. Having an episode from a regular person's perspective could be great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spacebump posted:

That or an episode like Love and Monsters or Blink from Doctor Who. Having an episode from a regular person's perspective could be great.

Yeah something Blink style could work too. Instead of all the recorded stuff you could have someone getting messages from Felicity through phones/computers/etc. because she needs them to assist the team somehow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used SG1 as an example because I want to see them shoot some insanely exaggerated action sequences and have the witness be like "AND THEN HE SHOT 40 ARROWS AND IT STOPPED THE TRUCK DEAD " and poo poo like that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In different, but similar direction, I'd be curious to see an episode that ignores the OG Team Arrow and just has Dinah, Rene, and Curtis (and maybe Roy, wherever he is).

But yeah, it would also be fun to see a "from the eyes of bystanders" kind of episode or "how citizens react/respond to Green Arrow".

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Just finished episode 2 of this season, good stuff

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Never mind. I though Pellisworth said Season 2.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Oliver is the worst boss

edit: this is a good season though, fast paced and no drawn-out tedious relationship drama so far

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 1, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stephen Amell brings Chase everywhere with him.

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/848622926882623490

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/848686649924087810

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/848737242633916416

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's the hero we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
He will always be Billy to me.

https://youtu.be/v8xqtgYcgtA

• Locked thread