Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

nsaP posted:

Hey, RevDrMosesPLester hasn't been banned!

The Revered is a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Remember when Takuma Sato overtook Fernando Alonso in Canada :allears:

There used to be a great compilation on YouTube of that pass with British, American, Spanish, and Japanese commentary.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsC8zEgZEfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtsKYY7RmBs

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Max Verstappen is great because in Brazil he drive a nuts race and went dang sideways at one point and still kept it on the track. Plus the rule named after him is gone so that's proof he did nothing wrong.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

Schumacher's cars did not suffer from 100-150hp power deficits. In his prime, the only absolute stinker he drove was arguably the F310.

And Eddie Irvine got that car on the podium.

He would not get the MCL32 there.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nsaP posted:

Hey, RevDrMosesPLester hasn't been banned!
I really try in this thread but everyone else is so nazi that my nazi posts are barely even noticed, much less commented on or reported:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I saw a few interviews with Nico since the WDC on the youtubes (nobody shares these interviews because Nico is boring) but they were kind of interesting because a couple times he mentions specific things he did differently in 2016 in terms of training and race prep and poo poo. Like he got a new personal trainer or something and he stopped bicycling because it builds muscles he doesn't need and he practiced a new kind of meditation/visualization. I mean he's the new Schumacher here basically. Through sheer force of mind and effort he willed himself into the championship. A triumph of the will, you might say.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
People still not understanding that domination happens because of a world class driver in a world class car.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I absolutely believe that Hamilton has the potential to meet or exceed 7 WDCs. Like, I don't want to see it happen, but I think he has the raw skill to do it. Barring Mercedes eventually going to poo poo.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

freeranger posted:

Remember that time Webber was Nico's teammate and came over the radio saying "Brittany's in the wall". :smugbert:

Those were good times.

That's where it came from? I hadn't heard that story before, and it's one more reason for me to like Webber. He was cool and good, and F1 was better with him around.

Also, can we make saying "my dude" a probatable offence? It's more annoying to read than Poois Shamilton or any of the other lovely nicknames.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I absolutely believe that Hamilton has the potential to meet or exceed 7 WDCs.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I absolutely believe that Hamilton has the potential to meet or exceed 7 WDCs. Like, I don't want to see it happen, but I think he has the raw skill to do it. Barring Mercedes eventually going to poo poo.

Depends on when he decides to focus on his music career.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What if Lewis Hamilton eclipses Schumacher's records to become the greatest driver of all time and then goes on to be the best rapper of all time? That sure would be something.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He got a head start on the brain injury.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Mark Martin is the best race car driver/rapper ever :colbert:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

More HAM douche-baggery:

Lewis Hamilton decides to race without a personal trainer

Good / Bad idea? Discuss!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Doable, but seems like a bad idea? It's a lot of extra work doing the programming and evaluation.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

More HAM douche-baggery:

He's 32 and starting to get lazy.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Michael Schumacher STILL has a personal trainer!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Didn't he ditch driver coaches a while back too?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

He was thinking back to his seat swap thing with Tony Stewart after realizing he could fit in the f1 car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:eyepoop:

:golfclap:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He also has more brain function than Lewis.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

More HAM douche-baggery:

This is... a really dumb idea especially with the new formula.

But, hey, he's a 3x world championship winning Rihanna-obsessed superstar who desperately wishes his talents lied in music rather than make car go fast and I'm some joe blow having a coffee and eating a hot capocollo sandwich on rye at my desk so what the gently caress do I know?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It sounds like he's using it to gain some extra intrinsic motivation, that's actually probably a good thing if it works.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

This is... a really dumb idea especially with the new formula.

But, hey, he's a 3x world championship winning Rihanna-obsessed superstar who desperately wishes his talents lied in music rather than make car go fast and I'm some joe blow having a coffee and eating a hot capocollo sandwich on rye at my desk so what the gently caress do I know?

I don't need to get in the simulator for Baku, I'm that good, well that cost him dearly, you don't really know what would happen for the rest of the season, but even if he got second, that's another championship come the end

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Doable, but seems like a bad idea? It's a lot of extra work doing the programming and evaluation.

That was my first thought, I kinda get where he's coming from with it but it seems like taking on a whole lot of extra work - that's the whole point of delegating this poo poo to someone who is an expert in that field, let them take the strain of working out what needs to be done and when it needs to be done and you concentrate on doing what you do best, partying driving cars fast.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's generally been a bit uninterested in all the work that goes into the sport like testing and engineering meetings. I'm sure if somebody isn't following up there's just a little bit less motivation there to get the work done.

Having said that, I can't see it affecting him that much. It may manifest on the second of back to back races but it's not like these cars have no power steering or something like the old days that would've meant he was just too exhausted.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Schumacher is undoubtedly one of the best drivers that formula 1 has ever and will ever see. He had the good fortune of having good cars, and drove like a monster.

More like he had the good fortune of Ferarri playing by different rules to the rest of the teams as sanctioned by Bernie and the FIA. Sorry this is fact and why he won so many WDC's

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

More like he had the good fortune of Ferarri playing by different rules to the rest of the teams as sanctioned by Bernie and the FIA. Sorry this is fact and why he won so many WDC's

This is what Rosberg fans literally believe.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

You're mentally ill if you don't think Schumacher was a talented driver

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Lets play 'guess the nationality'...or is this too easy?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Lets play 'guess the nationality'...or is this too easy?

Are only Americans allowed to have good opinions?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

enri posted:

More HAM douche-baggery:

THE HUNGER HAS FREAKIN' DOUBLED

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This but unironically.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Just dropping in to say that their Lewis is still poop and a sham. If only I was clever enough to come up with a pun for this.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Minto Took posted:

The Revered is a treasure.

Indeed. Also a nazi.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
at first thought Lewis really is self absorbed enough to be his own trainer, second thought is that he's too self absorbed to be his own trainer. Muscles that look good in instagram photos, and muscles that help you drive better are not the same. The car is already too heavy, he needs to loose weight - the real danger is that he may end up bulking up.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
stop reading lewham gossip

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/formula-e-to-trial-live-emoji-technology-in-mexico-888565/

Lewis should get one anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Alonso emojis?!

• Locked thread