Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

an actual dog posted:

today's google doodle

april fools!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

an actual dog posted:

today's google doodle

Hey, fanart of that one Kelly comic.

It's like a coexist bumper sticker was anthropomorphised. It's basically woke.jpg; the most complex social issue in the world given a watered down "hey, you should get along and stuff" solution. The artist and google give each other pats on the back for basically taking the ideas guy role on race and blame the rest of the world for not following through.

I'm sure someone tumblr has already figured out why the the tokenism isn't perfect and has posted a massive rant about how one of the characters is problematic or their group isn't represented.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

And apparently even the (east) asians are mostly kept out of management
trying to think of east asians in CEO and high-level executive positions and all i can think of is Charles Wang

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They gotta reboot everything these days, huh?

So which one is the LGBT kid?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
kid vid and the dog are the most flamboyant dressed

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I Love Loosies posted:

So which one is the LGBT kid?

They're all bi and poly.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

an actual dog posted:

today's google doodle

Someone needs to give them all red shirts with hammers and sickels and all of them armed.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

an actual dog posted:

today's google doodle

that christian girl?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lying crooked Lady Deidre tried to destroy liberty with her army of mind worms (also known as Dems).

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

steinrokkan posted:

Lying crooked Lady Deidre tried to destroy liberty with her army of mind worms (also known as Dems).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Makes me want to play Alpha Centauri again, but my backlog is already packed.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

The artist and google give each other pats on the back for basically taking the ideas guy role on race and blame the rest of the world for not following through.
a high schooler drew it. for a contest.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

a high schooler drew it. for a contest.

you don't understand. i'm furious FURIOUS about this tepid positive statement

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is the Google shirt guy representing the corporate desire to stamp all signs of individuality from the person, turning him into an interchangeable drone in the social hierarchy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats the E= mean? i assume atheist or whatever abortion athiesm + was?

Seriously, what is it?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
equality

are you guys ESL?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
could also be "science", as in "e=mc2", to suggest that science can co-exist with religion

remember that a teenager drew it, we're not working with some next level political code here

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol i see yall got all your vaccines

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The E actually stands for E-van-gelicals.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The E stands for Earthlings because that is the only race there really is.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Baloogan posted:

equality

are you guys ESL?

Then it should be "e" or "=", not both. "eequality"?

And yes, I am an elongated shlong lover, what of it?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i have to use a wheelchair alot, and none of these woke fucks ever talk about physical disabilities. i mean sure the corperations do, but most of the loud voices or activists dont give a gently caress.

For a brief period on r anarchism you could be banned for calling something "lame".

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

What I mean is, anti-ableism is definitely a thing.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

an actual dog posted:

For a brief period on r anarchism you could be banned for calling something "lame".

95% of all insults are calling someone some variation of disabled, gay, or a woman

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The unwoke gf:

deadly_pudding posted:

Dear :siren: GIRLFRIEND :siren:,

When I send you an excel file containing the next 2 month's budget because I want your input about whether to drop $400 on a Nintendo Switch and games, sending "Gay." as an answer and then ignoring me is a good way to get loving BLACKLISTED FROM HOUSEHOLD DECISIONS.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

an actual dog posted:

The unwoke gf:

post the switch thread poster who bragged about playing the switch while driving and got into a fender bender within minutes of posting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

an actual dog posted:

The unwoke gf:

I can't believe the thread didn't immediately fall in love with that woman.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

an actual dog posted:

today's google doodle

Really nice to see such a diverse and multicultural group all coming together to support Israel like that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nonsense posted:

post the switch thread poster who bragged about playing the switch while driving and got into a fender bender within minutes of posting.

That was a fakepost but I still loled

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

an actual dog posted:

The unwoke gf:

That's the girl you marry

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why is that girl in Metroid's suit?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
how do we know it's actually a girl and not just Nintendo making a dig at glam metal bands

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Actually she trans. https://www.themarysue.com/metroids-samus-aran-transgender-woman/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol Brianna wu is such retarded nut job. like her "evidence" is that in the very earliest stages, of dev(which was basicaly just throwing ideas around and writing some down) samus was a dude, so that in her broken mind = samus is trans. funny/sad thing is, she is probably one of the better/saner woke critics in the game communty.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Apr 2, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think the story about a dev saying that is pretty interesting and funny, but you could've related it in a short paragraph

I have no loving clue who reads all this garbage, just like I have no idea who the people are who listen to alt-right guys talk about how feminism is bullshit for three hours or the adults who watch 200 video long minecraft let's plays

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

wasn't birdo from mario 2 was trans

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wizard on a water slide posted:

I think the story about a dev saying that is pretty interesting and funny, but you could've related it in a short paragraph

I have no loving clue who reads all this garbage, just like I have no idea who the people are who listen to alt-right guys talk about how feminism is bullshit for three hours or the adults who watch 200 video long minecraft let's plays

same. its because all of them(everyone you mentioned) need to feel important and special and smart. and i love weird dev stories like that too, but its seems retarded to try to twist it into some dumb political thing. same as those people trying to say breath of the wild link is trans because he can were gerudo clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wasn't birdo from mario 2 was trans

birdo is an animal