Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Also I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the autoaim has been turned way the gently caress down which is... well, on consoles it's annoying. Because I'm a terrible shot at the best of times.

Yeah it feels that way to me too. Either that or the stick sensitivity or acceleration is off somehow. I've never been good at sniping but I was able to use SRs in ME3MP effectively. For some reason it just feels really laborious to line up shots in this, and if I put my sensitivity up enough that movement and turning don't feel terrible, I'm constantly overshooting my aim.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

To be honest I don't really like the jetpacks. I think they're kind of clunky, I constantly get caught on things and I have to mash my face into a ledge like 5 times sometimes before my guy decides to climb up it. Maybe just the fault of lag?

I think it's the lag. In SP or when I get an MP game with good connections, I don't have the same weird collission issues or failed ledge grabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That stream is a real shame, cause if the weapons were tuned properly I wouldn't have any real issues with the multiplayer. Lag is eh, but my real issue is that the optimal ways to deal damage are either the janky melee or staring down a Vanq scope 24/7.

And once the equipment with +Sniper damage is out, it'll be Vanq or nothing.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I just reset my level 20 soldier girl to level 1 now because i thought it was the respec. How is respec supposed to work. Very sad now :(

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You can buy a character respec use in the store, it's 15 or 25 mission funds. They're also a low rate drop from packs sometimes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Completely disagree on the jumpjets/mobility in MEA. It's one of the strongest additions to the game and one of the best ways they reduced how much you're fighting the controls. The "strategy" of needing to control spawns in ME3's higher difficulties was metagamey jank that had far too much of an effect on how the game was played. In an action game I want to see the bros I need to shoot (the compass with enemy markers is a great addition on this front too) and then just kill them without dying. I don't want to fret over whether maneuvering an inch too far to the left will let the game spawn three enemies at once with a clear sightline to me, any one of which will drop me to the health gate in 2 loving shots, because that poo poo was a major part of ME3. That is some abstract junk I shouldn't need to think about when I'm shooting some space bros. And if you ever hosed that part up, you got to experience the joy of trying to escape using some of the worst controls ever designed for a third person shooter.

In andromeda when the game spawns some robots close to me, I can see that on the compass and move to a better spot right away with minimal fuss. I still have to avoid getting flanked by existing robots, but the mere fact that I didn't metagame the spawns well enough in the first place doesn't mean I'm hosed. I am no longer crippled by movement restrictions. Spawn nonsense still has an effect and I suspect it will be something to pay attention to whenever platinum comes around, but it is way less important and that's a good thing for an action game.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Yeah i got one in a pack but how do you use it? I cant see it anywhere.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Go to the skill points screen and there's a button to use a respec.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Sigh

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
If it makes you feel any better, my friend thought that button was the "no wait that's not how I want to spend my skill points" button and wasted a respec! :v:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Turian Soldiers don't let a little thing like getting shot to death stop them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Skippy McPants posted:

That stream is a real shame, cause if the weapons were tuned properly I wouldn't have any real issues with the multiplayer. Lag is eh, but my real issue is that the optimal ways to deal damage are either the janky melee or staring down a Vanq scope 24/7.

And once the equipment with +Sniper damage is out, it'll be Vanq or nothing.

Well if things are the same as ME3MP, which they appear to be in the case of this stuff, they can change things like gun damage without patches so if they have any sense they'll start beefing up some of the guns.

I disagree that matches still take the same amount of time though. We're all new here, I mean the game has only been out for 2 weeks, and even if I'm helping pubbies limp through Gold it still only takes 20 minutes max. Gold/Plat with pubbies always took 30-40 mins until everyone had everything figured out and then maybe, if you wanted to do something "hilarious" and "fun" like 4 Flamethrowers you could shave it down to 20.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/FSp8eqi.gifv

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
The multiplayer keeps crashing to desktop. gently caress this. I'm going to wait for a bit before jumping back into the multiplayer.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

see this is why I always host and suffer the complaints of my friends instead.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
loving lol. Shot a fiend with a cobra. Kill points pop up. Fiend proceeds to ignore that it's dead, picks me up and sync kill me. Then falls over dead immediately after. Team proceeds to wipe because of course it does.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Gate posted:

loving lol. Shot a fiend with a cobra. Kill points pop up. Fiend proceeds to ignore that it's dead, picks me up and sync kill me. Then falls over dead immediately after. Team proceeds to wipe because of course it does.

Please tell me you recorded this. That's next level poo poo.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The Gate posted:

Sounds... fiendish

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have had no fewer than 4 incredibly bullshit experiences with fiends taking no damage from cobras. Enemy's utter and complete trash.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Alteisen posted:

Don't forget eye searing special effects on some classes.
God I hope the don't do a Geth again, and give any new classes a overlay that gives 80% of the playerbase a thunderous loving migraine after a match or two. :barf:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Is the Krogan Vanguard as insanely powerful as the Krogan Gladiator? I took the gladiator out for a spin... lol. Pure melee pain

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I hate the krogan headbutt so much.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

dazoner posted:

Is the Krogan Vanguard as insanely powerful as the Krogan Gladiator? I took the gladiator out for a spin... lol. Pure melee pain

I dunno about the Gladiator, but I prefer the Human Vanguard to the Krogan one.

Who needs a Vanquisher to hit 20k points?

Barrier's On-Hit Shield Draining + Shock Trooper Charge is just too good to pass up.

I ended up trying Bastion instead of Shock Trooper once because I've got like 50 or so spare funds.

Turns out it sucks! The reason Shock Trooper is so good because Charge with so little recharge is useful both as an iframe panic button, panic button in general, and even lets you easily reorient in case the melee fucks up positioning.

In short, Bastion misses the point of Vanguards.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Digirat posted:

I have had no fewer than 4 incredibly bullshit experiences with fiends taking no damage from cobras. Enemy's utter and complete trash.

Nothing better than firing a cobra into a pack and killing nothing. Sure did strip the shields off that mech though!

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
The damage output of nearly all the weapons and powers makes me wonder how they playtested, if at all. Did they give themselves nothing but X level weapons and only play bronze difficulty?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I remember a mod for it that helped me a lot, never specced into the geth thing with the trooper because of it.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
3 gold matches tonight and 3 crashes to desktop after the 6th round. Is there some sort of exploit that is becoming widely used now that causes this, because I have more and more crashes every day.

And to whoever it was that said "just start a match and the game will seem to prioritize you for new people" -- :argh: I managed to solo the first round of a gold match, Human Vanguard III v Remnant but holy smokes that was the most stress I've ever experienced this year. Every drat room I ran into had like 19 guys in it. You really should get some sort of achievement for hitting more people at once with a cobra than you can count. Then the game paired me with some sub-500 Apex score, sub-level-8 friends. One of them was an Asari Adept who would run into a group of 9 people, die in a second, then yell loudly in what I assume was Russian what I assume was complaining that nobody would rush into that hot mess to revive him. Of the remaining 6 rounds, I was the only one left standing 3 times, and got a gold medal in revive. 30 minutes later, everyone extracted except for the Russian, and I was sweating like a watermelon at a baptist barbecue.

Game is fun. I love the frantic running around but guns are terrible and even biotic explosions at the top level do sort of mediocre damage and hopefully they work that out. Until then, excuse me while I charge some guys.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I got two URs in a premium pack! :toot:

It was the Sonod, which is complete garbage, and the piranha, which is at least not worse than other shotguns, I guess.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So apparently after carrying a pub group to extraction they can vote-kick you out and you lose everything including the 50% xp booster you used that round, think that might be it for me and this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

socialsecurity posted:

So apparently after carrying a pub group to extraction they can vote-kick you out and you lose everything including the 50% xp booster you used that round, think that might be it for me and this.

The addition of vote kicking in match was a terrible idea in Inquisition and it's a terrible idea here, I have no clue who the gently caress put it in but they're an idiot.

Also I kind of dig the Ruzad, I haven't climbed up to doing golds yet but it's a nice meaty shotgun that does reasonable damage for what I use it for, namely punch-shoot-punch-shoot as novaguard. Its reload is pretty poo poo, admittedly.

I really want the Crusader and Piranha to be good. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the biggest that annoys me about this game is how quiet everything is, everything in ME3 had some kind of audio cue or at least SOMETHING that told you what it was, in this game it doesn't suddenly you're getting cross mapped and don't know what the gently caress it is.

Edit: Tossed into a solo silver, said gently caress it, not gonna lose my boosts, managed to solo the first 2 waves till a pub came along, we managed to do the objective and finally more showed people up in wave 5.

Never been happier to see pubs, it was against Kett too.

Seriously gently caress Kett, why do they have TWO units that can sync kill

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 1, 2017

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
The weekend APEX mission is some next level trolling on the devs' part.

Sure, it's only bronze, but with Ascendants being priority assassination targets in mission where all guns are debuffed and everyone is playing melee characters for the bonus, it might as well be Platinum as far as pugs are concerned.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the current apex mission is gold vs. kett where the wave 6 objective is upload, which is way more of a middle finger than that could ever hope to be. The effect is +50% assault rifle damage, -50% other gun damage.

Still had people join with level 9 characters or nothing but the hurricane.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lHh9BKf3eo

Got stuck in this position till I managed to finally charge at something.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Having read the couple last pages I think I made the right choice of not buying this game. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Zakmonster posted:

I agree. MEA gameplay is the same type of gameplay I used in ME3MP, on Gold and Platinum. Staying in one place was suicide, it was far better to keep mobile and keep moving, especially when the tougher mobs started spawning. It would take long enough to kill an Atlas, for instance, that you'd run the risk of getting swarmed by the mooks.

And when they introduced more mobs that were designed to flush you out of cover, it made the mobile gameplay more valuable. Jetpacks just helps this along.

Yeah, I didn't stop being completely poo poo at Gold/Plat until I got out of the single-player coverhugging mindset and started really working on mobility and soft cover. Sitting in hard cover just got us swarmed to death.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Am I doing something wrong, or do nameplates not persist between games? I pick them by going to the Collections menu and choosing one, but then it's gone once I get out of the game.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Am I doing something wrong, or do nameplates not persist between games? I pick them by going to the Collections menu and choosing one, but then it's gone once I get out of the game.

There's definitely something that causes them to clear and it's really annoying and bad.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Lightning Knight posted:

There's definitely something that causes them to clear and it's really annoying and bad.

Yeah, using boosters makes them vanish.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Khizan posted:

Yeah, I didn't stop being completely poo poo at Gold/Plat until I got out of the single-player coverhugging mindset and started really working on mobility and soft cover. Sitting in hard cover just got us swarmed to death.

Especially given mobility was essential for a lot of the objectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Why do some players refuse to use their god drat cobras. The drat things win objective rounds, then we get credits, then we can buy more.

I honestly think the difference between a decent and a bad player in this is just the willingness to use consumables.

• Locked thread