Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

South Park warned you all about preordering but you didn't listen did you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV69DyOuzbE

If I remember, this scene was immediately followed by an ad to pre-order Stick of Truth when it aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Star Ocean 3 ruled for being an Anime game. Good soundtrack and combat. Dumb Anime poo poo.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

All this does is remind me that Corn Love lacks an update for the newer firmware versions. :(

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Best theme is the Bound theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpQVXpLCmuU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pretty upset this isn't based on the late 90's lesbian noir thriller Bound

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Montalvo posted:

All this does is remind me that Corn Love lacks an update for the newer firmware versions. :(

I'm corn lovin' on both my PS3 and 4, I don't understand the problem

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Pretty upset this isn't based on the late 90's lesbian noir thriller Bound

Still the Wachowski's best film.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Still the Wachowski's best film.

And now it all makes so much sense.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

:toot:
Sony has notified me that my overspending in March qualifies me for the money coupon. The mail says the code will appear next week in my PS4 notification bar.

I don't have a PS4.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SelenicMartian posted:

Sony has notified me that my overspending in March qualifies me for the money coupon. The mail says the code will appear next week in my PS4 notification bar.

I don't have a PS4.

You can use the Playstation app to view notifications.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

You can use the Playstation app to view notifications.
It's a smartphone thing, right?
Does Vita have that?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SelenicMartian posted:

It's a smartphone thing, right?
Does Vita have that?

It does not. You can probably do it through Bluestacks or something on your PC.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

I'm corn lovin' on both my PS3 and 4, I don't understand the problem

I actually got a little confused the other day when a friend turned on their PS4 and there wasn't any corn or saxophones. I kinda forgot that the ps wasn't always corn love.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Gave EDF2025 a try because hey, why not? The framerate in split screen is so bad that I don't even know why they bothered to include it. It's atrocious, which is a shame because I don't think I'll enjoy it enough to play it solo, and it's barely even playable in split screen.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 1, 2017

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Montalvo posted:

What update is needed? I'm rockin Corn on my PS4 with the latest update.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Diddler posted:

What update is needed? I'm rockin Corn on my PS4 with the latest update.

It doesnt have transparent folders so you get blue squares

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bardeh posted:

Gave EDF2025 a try because hey, why not? The framerate in split screen is so bad that I don't even know why they bothered to include it. It's atrocious, which is a shame because I don't think I'll enjoy it enough to play it solo, and it's barely even playable in split screen.

The Stunt Race FX of PS4 games?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mister Facetious posted:

The Stunt Race FX of PS4 games?

It's a PS3 game. EDF4.1 runs great*!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SelenicMartian posted:

I don't have a PS4.

Wait, which deal is this? I know they had the $15 for spending $100 in February, but I don't remember one from March.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Fix posted:

Wait, which deal is this? I know they had the $15 for spending $100 in February, but I don't remember one from March.
For once, Europe had one of those.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whoah.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

It doesnt have transparent folders so you get blue squares

This, and the communities icon doesn't fit in with the rest of the icons.

I don't know why, but it really bugs me. :gonk:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Jak Collection (1, 2, 3, Racing) is coming to PS4 as PS2 Classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7Wm-zyOc8

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

I have been wanting a rerelease of Jak X since they announced the original HD Collection, and this has literally now made my month. I doubt they will be bundled together, but I don't care if I have to buy each one individually.

(And for ease of notice, Jak X won't have online multiplayer, but WILL still have splitscreen.)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Magil of Shadow posted:

(And for ease of notice, Jak X won't have online multiplayer, but WILL still have splitscreen.)

gently caress yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Which of those games is the best if i never played one?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Not 2.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jak 2

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Which of those games is the best if i never played one?

Depends what you want out of the game. Jak 1 is a N64 era collectathon with the edges smoothed out, 2 is an interesting attempt to turn that into a GTA style game with some really high difficulty and 3 is that with the edges smoothed but also less interesting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1 is pretty fun

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

1 is a pure collectathon, where you don't get any new abilities as you play and have to figure out how to get everything with creative uses of you basic move set. Kinda like Spyro 1.

2 is pure poo poo, with a memory card icon flashing on the screen during levels for some unknown reason, because the game doesn't give you any loving checkpoints.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
2 is really hard at times but I don't think it's a bad game at all. It's just gamers kind of go between either being smug when they are good at a game that they think is supposed to be hard and being babbies when they get their rear end kicked by a game they think is supposed to be easy.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I had a lot of fun with all 3 games, but the first one was definitely my favorite

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

2 isn't bad because of it's difficulty, it's bad because they replaced the overworld with this boring GTA3 knockoff that you have to slowly drivethrough to get to each new platforming area to play and most of it is the most lifeless boring gray poo poo imaginable filled with 'tude that would make Sonic blush.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like 3 because when I was 16 I thought being a time traveling mutant angel with a bunch of sweet guns and jet bikes was like the most Todd MacFarlane poo poo ever and WOW getting hype about PS2 ports in 2017 ITT

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Which one has Owen Wilson's nose in it?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
2 isn't hard to beat by any means, but it has some of the worst collectathon bullshit with 251 (?) precursor orbs to get which are either just hidden somewhere or gated behind dumb trials.

I didn't even finish 3 because it seemed like 2 but not as fun, so the first one would be my vote

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jak 1 is rad as gently caress and I've bought it like 3 times already and I will likely buy it again here.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hey guys is Mafia III worth the asking price right now? I've heard mediocre things, but last night when I was browsing the PSN store and it popped up on sale I watched a stream of someone playing it for like five minutes and sneaking around in a trenchcoat, shooting confederates in the head or stabbing them to death in the back of a supermarket seemed cool as gently caress but I also remember people reporting a bunch of bugs and such. I don't necessarily mind jank because Saints Row 2 are San Andreas or two of my favorite open world games of all time and they are both the janky as gently caress so I'm kind of on the fence.

And if it is worth buying, is the DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Jak 1 is rad as gently caress and I've bought it like 3 times already and I will likely buy it again here.

Same.

One of the few games I've Platinumed for the PS3 version, and on the PS2 I had two memory cards each with four full 100% saves on them.