Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

hostess with the Moltres posted:

The movie wasn't that terrible. It was kind of a remake of the 1st movie. More about how technology is dangerous though than as evolution. The special effects and action were good. Plot was ok, but the constant title drops were dumb and the philosophy was very dumbed down. The transphobic joke in the club and the major being Japanese in a white body was stupid.

I don't understand how that's a spoiler. How does that even come up without it already being blatantly obvious what they're going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think everybody should know about that stupid as hell plot point/twist before going in, because it's honestly a new low in casting controversy

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.goodsmile.info/en

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lol

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The way the whole plot was framed made the major being a Japanese delinquent in her past life the big reveal. All the while it gets blatantly foreshadowed the entire time. Also her name is always written in English while the movie is set in Japan(?)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
making ghost in the shell into another story about how technology is dangerous sounds like the most boring thing ever on top of that insanely dumb plot point that does basically nothing but pour salt on casting decisions that would otherwise be maybe kind of annoying but not as downright insulting

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was expecting a redirect to the funko pop website, but it was better.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

I was expecting a redirect to the funko pop website, but it was better.
that would be too cruel for april fools

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

The Colonel posted:

making ghost in the shell into another story about how technology is dangerous sounds like the most boring thing ever on top of that insanely dumb plot point that does basically nothing but pour salt on casting decisions that would otherwise be maybe kind of annoying but not as downright insulting

My friends thought it was cool but I thought it only had the aesthetics of GiTS and none of the actual themes. Also the major had 1 emotion the whole movie.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wild Arms was one of the games I'd occasionally put in just to watch the intro. Another one was Soul Edge.
The battle graphics have aged like milk left out in the sun though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Just watched the first episode of Symphogear. Holy gently caress hell yeah bitch 24/8

time to get properly loving blasted and watch this in one night

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

klapman posted:

Just watched the first episode of Symphogear. Holy gently caress hell yeah bitch 24/8

time to get properly loving blasted and watch this in one night

It only gets better from there, friend.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
like I just kept saying "this is loving sick" over and over again because nothing else was sensible at the time

how the gently caress did I not watch this anime, I've always loved the awesome lyrics in OPs and EDs and I just never thought to watch the show where those are like half the loving run time, what the hell was wrong with me? what the gently caress? christ

chumbler posted:

It only gets better from there, friend.

yessssssssssssssssss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Symphogear is gloriously over-the-top and earnest even when it gets kind of stupid and I love it to death.

Speaking of goofy but earnest poo poo, finally got around to finishing Altera's story in Fate/Extella. This game's writing isn't amazing, but it's a far sight better than I would at all expect from a Fate/Musou thing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've been reading fate/stay night and it's actually really good after the initial hump of them taking a huge chunk of fate to explain everything

i didn't know what to expect going into fate and i'd only known about some stuff in fate/zero and some ubw spoilers so i was pleasantly surprised when despite a whole lot of hosed up stuff happening, unlimited blade works is actually a really optimistic story and even the true end goes off on a note of "yeah, shirou and rin are gonna be ok"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

http://hoshiiro.jp/

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

but no realy bkub people arent going to get fooled twice by the same joke lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
#TeamTanya

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dogsicle posted:

i think everybody should know about that stupid as hell plot point/twist before going in, because it's honestly a new low in casting controversy

I actually thought white people would be more in arms about that- I mean, for all that the Major's new body is white as the driven snow, the soul/ghost that makes her a badass is a Japanese one.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Does she even act Japanese/anime? Beyond walking around near naked, I mean.

Sakurazuka posted:

Wild Arms was one of the games I'd occasionally put in just to watch the intro.

:same:

The Colonel posted:

Did it even have Ken Watanabe, at the very least? Also, the Arstechnica review ripped it to shreds over the dumbed down plot.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
White people drive like this, and anime people drive like—

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my ghost is japanese too, and she LOVES yuri

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

fart

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tfw you get up in the morning and act japanese/anime as gently caress

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFW both meetings you normally have on weekend mornings are canceled tomorrow.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/BpdZ4

I made a robot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cool megazord

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

I always thought the Rein version looked a bit weird, but that's pretty cool.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
There is no anime in Hyrule.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

In related news, today's the twentieth anniversary of the Pokemon anime.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

There is no anime in Hyrule.

Sounds unpleasant.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 1, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
looks like a cute and vanilla romance manga my friend would you happen to be able to post the source for me here in the anime chat thread

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
my friend Sephiroth_IRA is so cool. reads manga raw b/c he's just that much of a fan of the medium.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wish I had a source but I do not. Whatever it is looks super cute though and I really like the art.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the mangaka is Yahiro Pochi. i recognize the style from uhhhhhh, *checks baka updates* their work in the Kantai Collection Dengeki Comic Anthology

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

THIRST QUENCHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

quote this if you have persona 5 already

• Locked thread