Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Seems later this week there's going to be a announcement on whatever this is. Japanese badge arcade is gonna be hyping it up.

I really hope that's a rhythm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/847961727664701440

Seems later this week there's going to be a announcement on whatever this is. Japanese badge arcade is gonna be hyping it up.

This is almost certainly an April Fool's joke.

If its not then I am extremely disappointed that Ninendo looked at the Wario property, said "Hmm, what can we do with this?"' and then made a loving Ashley game.

Ugh.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

lelandjs posted:

It is. Much like this new Fire Emblem game coming to 3DS and Switch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lelandjs posted:

If its not then I am extremely disappointed that Ninendo looked at the Wario property, said "Hmm, what can we do with this?"' and then made a loving Ashley game.

Ugh.

Well it's something that's going on well past April Fools so I'm inclined to believe it's real.

That and this was their April Fools joke.

E: Beaten

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

lelandjs posted:

Ugh.

Actually an Ashley game would be really cool and good

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ashley rules, her theme song rules, and Warioware's art style rules. I hope it's real.

Kinda weird that Mona didn't get a spinoff game, though. Isn't she the main female character in the Warioware games?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The best Warioware ever better be released on the Switch.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Would a stand alone Ashley game be the farthest we've gone in terms of spin-offs? Like it'd be a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off at the very least.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

enojy posted:

Ashley rules, her theme song rules, and Warioware's art style rules. I hope it's real.

Kinda weird that Mona didn't get a spinoff game, though. Isn't she the main female character in the Warioware games?

She was kind of supposed to be but Japan really loves it's tiny witch girls I guess.

I can't recall where but I'm pretty sure I read that Mona is the least popular female character in the Ware series or something like that.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

She was kind of supposed to be but Japan really loves it's tiny witch girls I guess.

I can't recall where but I'm pretty sure I read that Mona is the least popular female character in the Ware series or something like that.

Even lower than 9-Volt's mom?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Even lower than 9-Volt's mom?

From what I recall yeah actually.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where da cheap 3rd party docks at so I can have a dock out in the living room as well.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I still am amused that a retailer that has the name "butts" in it provided a lot of goons with switches before reddit caught on and made them instantly sell out.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I beat Breath of the Wild just now. I may keep playing to see more shrines, do more quests, etc. Switch is fun and good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TerraGoetia posted:

I started Breath of the Wild just now. I may keep playing to see more shrines, do more quests, etc. Switch is fun and good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is launching 18th April! :siren:
(In Australia at least, it just appeared on the eShop)

$26AUD = ~$20USD

Mario Kart 10 days later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibKf66tVoFwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwy351pLXas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6thqVhYTc

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'll be travelling with a Switch soon. I plan to bring the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with my Pro controller, to charge the console. I plan to basically plug it into any USB-A wall outlet thingy. Will this break anything?

I feel like I'd be seeing more warnings not to do this by now, if it was bad.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Two months ago a friend of mine (a self-proclaimed real gamer) told me that BOTW looked like a "poo poo PS2 game with little bitch framerate", and he was sorry for all the Nintendo fans missing ME:Andromeda.

lol

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kawabata posted:

Two months ago a friend of mine (a self-proclaimed real gamer) told me that BOTW looked like a "poo poo PS2 game with little bitch framerate", and he was sorry for all the Nintendo fans missing ME:Andromeda.

lol

:sever:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

In an alternate universe Nintendo is bad and Bethesda is good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nolgthorn posted:

In an alternate universe Nintendo is bad and Bethesda is good.

You mean Bioware. We actually getting a Bethesda game on the Switch (that probably will be a bad version, but who knows).

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Wonder Girl?!?

Is this getting a physical release?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gorgolflox posted:

Wonder Girl?!?

It's up to their tweet to determine if there demand for a retail release. Might be a limited (50,000 copies) deal through.

https://twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/844948632700948480

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Gorgolflox posted:

Wonder Girl?!?

If there's a game with a girl in it, goons will get a physical release alright.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Rirse posted:

It's up to their tweet to determine if there demand for a retail release. Might be a limited (50,000 copies) deal through.

That's Monster Boy!

Cojawfee posted:

If there's a game with a girl in it, goons will get a physical release alright.

Very Nice!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rirse posted:

Wrong Wonder game. Wonder Girl is a new character in Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap, the other Wonder Boy game coming out this spring.

http://www.thedragonstrap.com/

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kawabata posted:

lol

Why are you friends with this person

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Rirse posted:

You mean Bioware. We actually getting a Bethesda game on the Switch (that probably will be a bad version, but who knows).

I got caught. I don't know what the diff is, I only play Nintendo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sonicretro/status/848180426925584385

This is probably one of the most disappointing jokes of the day.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's the first April Fools gaming joke in a long time that makes me really, really upset.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just going to ignore all news today and play Zelda all day.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Can't believe you can unlock Shen Long in Splatoon 2

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Policenaut posted:

That's the first April Fools gaming joke in a long time that makes me really, really upset.

I don't mean to be a dick because I understand that this game was not bad at all, but I'm glad it's not real lol I just don't want to see the Switch follow in the footsteps of early PS4 and Xbone getting mostly remastered games for the first year or two.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

enojy posted:

I don't mean to be a dick because I understand that this game was not bad at all, but I'm glad it's not real lol I just don't want to see the Switch follow in the footsteps of early PS4 and Xbone getting mostly remastered games for the first year or two.

I got some bad news for ya...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

enojy posted:

I'll take remastered Wii U stuff since I completely skipped that thing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Policenaut posted:

I was briefly fooled by the SMB4 one and it made me sad

Kind of still does :smith:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Norns posted:

I'll take remastered Wii U stuff since I completely skipped that thing.

It just makes sense, since EVERYONE skipped that thing.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Bloop posted:

I was briefly fooled by the SMB4 one and it made me sad

Kind of still does :smith:

SMB4 exists and is one of the best games ever made

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

They should call them. Wiimasters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Norns posted:

They should call them. Wiimasters

they should call them wont happen

• Locked thread