Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I am a bad person, gently caress the mods....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy7ZBX9BTUA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/wj6sOof.gifv

Spawn trapper chases me back into the base, pops hammer. Pew pew storm fist.

I don't like to bag but if you're gonna be that guy, you get the sack.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Not that it really matters but it appears that doing the super easy retrieve the warp drive mission via the story playlist gives you 15 legendary marks no matter what.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It's been long enough that I just don't remember, what (sub) class do I probably want to play if I only care about pve? Titan or warlock?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doesn't matter, play whatever sounds cool when you log in.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

http://i.imgur.com/wj6sOof.gifv

Spawn trapper chases me back into the base, pops hammer. Pew pew storm fist.

I don't like to bag but if you're gonna be that guy, you get the sack.

:downs: the gif

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

i went turbo-bag on him

no regrets

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

We tried the sword crota while invis strat on the right but weird poo poo kept happening like he would randomly run into the bubble and kill us. Eventually went back to the ledge bubble. Took a while but i was able to get him down to 25% with a nice combo on the winning run.

That raid icon might be tough to get - deathsinger challenge under 2 min?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

actionjackson posted:

We tried the sword crota while invis strat on the right but weird poo poo kept happening like he would randomly run into the bubble and kill us. Eventually went back to the ledge bubble. Took a while but i was able to get him down to 25% with a nice combo on the winning run.

our first successful clear was 2:08 on deathsinger and that was with one half of the team taking forever to clear their wizard and shrieker for some reason (other half had shrieker down before other side had their wizard killed)

shouldn't be too hard. just assign two people with razelighter and make sure you teamshoot the wizards and shriekers for speed since one sword slash kills her

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The last 3 hours of my life were basically "Crota plz"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

Your bubble was probably too close or people were peaking out of the doorframe.

I did it again to help some friends and the only issue we had was he would occasionally slam our second swordbearer. We switched him out for someone else and it worked fine. My guess is there are latency or sync issues with the razelighter guy and sword guy and if they don't have a good set of connections to host things can get weird. Such is crota.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

It's easy, but everyone has to know what's going on - just like the death zamboni. Once everyone knows what needs to happen, and when, it gets efficient.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
For deathsinger just have your wizard and shrieker teams use a razelighter to block the shrieker death blast which nullifies it and saves a ton of time. It's more than enough to get the bubble provided you aren't loving up the rest.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Ive never had a game disk stop working on me and ive never taken any special precautions. They have been dropped and scratched and still work.

How is "my dvd is too scratched to play" a common occurrence for you guys? You fat goddamned nerds.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Use memory of radegast for deathsinger, the increased ammo can really help. To beat the time limit don't use primary just swords and then snipers for the shriekers, you need to block the bolts from the shrieker. Use a super on the second set of tower Knights. Don't knock the Knights/swordbearer back into the doors either. Pretty cool bungie finally has a timed challenge that isn't super easy like death zamboni or the srl track times.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Titans get hosed. :colbert:

http://i.imgur.com/aooLuf3.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/VUcclrQ.gifv

xzzy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 1, 2017

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
So I got a Husk of the Pit yesterday and killed the 500 thralls to upgrade it to Eidolon Ally, but there's no option to talk to the Speaker or whatever I'm supposed to do. Did I encounter a bug? Plus I need Ascendant Energy to fully upgrade it? I'm not sure what's going on.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
My ghost sounds like Peter Dinklage today for some reason

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

So I got a Husk of the Pit yesterday and killed the 500 thralls to upgrade it to Eidolon Ally, but there's no option to talk to the Speaker or whatever I'm supposed to do. Did I encounter a bug? Plus I need Ascendant Energy to fully upgrade it? I'm not sure what's going on.

That sounds like an old husk of the pit from the dark below. Are you like 200 light or do you not have rise of iron or something?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

poor life choice posted:

My ghost sounds like Peter Dinklage today for some reason

Mine sounds like Jennifer Aniston.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That sounds like an old husk of the pit from the dark below. Are you like 200 light or do you not have rise of iron or something?

Have all the expansions and my Titan is at 400. I used the Fist of Crota mission to get one. It dropped at 80 Light, so maybe that's the problem?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Have all the expansions and my Titan is at 400. I used the Fist of Crota mission to get one. It dropped at 80 Light, so maybe that's the problem?

Yeah, that's the old Husk.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah the new husk is clearly intended to drop pretty easily from the new content. Just play the game and you'll get it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah the new husk is clearly intended to drop pretty easily from the new content. Just play the game and you'll get it.

I already got two lmao

Also is Supremacy the mode that only scrubs play or something? I was playing some after the raid last night because I was 5 beers in and had the shaxx bounty and... I was basically a crucible god, top tier every match, just stunting on fools. I am definitely not that good at pvp.

I'm sure once I wander back into control I'll get wrecked.

v e: what's that? v

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 1, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Balmer curve, my dude.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Are any of the non-adept raid primary/special/heavy weapons going to be worth keeping? For use in-raid or in general. Fatebringer obviously, lots of good weapons in the WotM set...

Looking to really clean house on my vault. Pretty much going to have my raid sets, ____ burn chests and I guess a PvP loadout for my titan, junk the rest.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
As they've reduced the playlist count and added in some crucible bounties and circles in th book, and there's been a return of lapsed players for the new content, crucible has seemed a bit more populated. That's probably what's up.

I haven't played crucible in months and I'm still a 1.5 plus, and I have been using a 140" projector screen via a 30ft hdmi cable instead of my low delay gaming monitor.

There's just more bads around.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Are any of the non-adept raid primary/special/heavy weapons going to be worth keeping? For use in-raid or in general. Fatebringer obviously, lots of good weapons in the WotM set...

Looking to really clean house on my vault. Pretty much going to have my raid sets, ____ burn chests and I guess a PvP loadout for my titan, junk the rest.

Seems like Abyss Defiant is doing work in PvP. Saw a few in good lobbies.

The new Hezen Vengance will own. It used to do just about as much damage as Gjally, which has now been nerfed. I bet Hezen Vengance will be the highest DPs heavy in the game.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

As they've reduced the playlist count and added in some crucible bounties and circles in th book, and there's been a return of lapsed players for the new content, crucible has seemed a bit more populated. That's probably what's up.

I haven't played crucible in months and I'm still a 1.5 plus, and I have been using a 140" projector screen via a 30ft hdmi cable instead of my low delay gaming monitor.

There's just more bads around.

I was just thinking about how nice crucible is going to be in September with all the fresh meat

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Well your SBMM is gunna carry over so you won't see them.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
If I only have the base game, does this offer mean I can get all the expansions for £10?

Seems like a decent deal.

e: Ah, Rise of Iron is the one not included.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

RIP

Don't worry I did the same thing right before the new content came out

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ufarn posted:

If I only have the base game, does this offer mean I can get all the expansions for £10?

Seems like a decent deal.

e: Ah, Rise of Iron is the one not included.

Looks like it's only 20 for everything including ROI. Still not a bad deal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Any advice on crucible playlists for getting those imprecation headshots? I was playing control because of the Shaxx bounty but I end up with 3 or 4 at most. I want to try and clear all the exotic quests off of my hunter before D2 because I am a weirdo.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
destiny is a good game!!!!

april fools

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DrNutt posted:

Any advice on crucible playlists for getting those imprecation headshots? I was playing control because of the Shaxx bounty but I end up with 3 or 4 at most. I want to try and clear all the exotic quests off of my hunter before D2 because I am a weirdo.

Be less bad?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DrNutt posted:

do you have friends

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How can anyone have the crucible emblem? There hasn't been 20 quartermaster bounties and both rift and clash aren't available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah poo poo that's what I thought. I have friends, can you actually do it in private matches? That seems absurd.

• Locked thread