Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

https://twitter.com/Noble_Jim/status/847881697211363328

Hooters with their worst April Fools prank since 1993.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

please be real

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Can I get a Chase Elliott action figure in that race suit?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

gret posted:

Can I get a Chase Elliott action figure in that race suit?

It's a blow-up doll.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/847804433899671555

Fuz---fu--Fuzzy---Fuzzy, no. It's not worth it. Just, no. Calm down, calm down, it might not win. It's all good.

I want it to win more than I want Smokey in the HoF

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

LASTCAR posted:

https://twitter.com/Noble_Jim/status/847881697211363328

Hooters with their worst April Fools prank since 1993.

This week is seriously the worst week for crazy, out there, news that you hope is true because it probably isn't. Still, please be true!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

This week is seriously the worst week for crazy, out there, news that you hope is true because it probably isn't. Still, please be true!

Something tells me someone showed Chase that tweet...

https://twitter.com/noble_jim/status/847883507145863168

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Elitist Bitch posted:

Something tells me someone showed Chase that tweet...

https://twitter.com/noble_jim/status/847883507145863168

Hooters has "delivery drivers"?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://joegibbsracing.com/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Solid, but they should've gone all the way with it and wrote out all the stuff in the links too

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Finally a good april fools day joke.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It made me mad because new jayski still makes zero sense.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Ok that was a good one.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

quote:

• Fontata falls into the ocean... no injuries reported

savage

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If I may quote one S. Random rear end in a top hat, Austin Cindric can suck a gently caress

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good job SRA's truck!

I also think Austin Cindric is fully and capably carrying the torch dropped into a puddle of gasoline this offseason by JWT.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Good job SRA's truck!

I also think Austin Cindric is fully and capably carrying the torch dropped into a puddle of gasoline this offseason by JWT.

I guess he gave up on ever doing Indy, because man he's not very good at stock cars.

He seems like he'd be better doing PWC, IMSA...would suit his background better.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
You know who else gave up Indy and sucked at stock cars?

Dario

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

You know who else gave up Indy and sucked at stock cars?

Dario

Good ol' Ashley Judd pushed him into that.

He did well in DTM, but in order to make that leap you kinda have to ease your way into the series. You can't just go straight into a stock car after doing years in Formula and road racing. You gotta start with Road Courses and Plate tracks on a limited basis to be honest.

I wonder if running dirt would also help? I don't know, just spit balling here. I know that running super mods helped Donnie Allsion run well at Indy via advice he got from Gordon Johncock. There's gotta be some sort of formula to let road racers run well in stock cars.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Well, to be honest and I know this will anger people but in the last 20 years or so the best drivers in the country have gone to NASCAR. So yeah, maybe stuff like that would help but I doubt it, you'd still have to topple the best guys in the nation. I just don't think Indy drivers at this point can do that, totally different style of driving and by the time you make the switch you're running against 25 year olds with more balls than brains that have 20 years of oval experience.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i dont think its exactly controversial to say people whove been good at running stock cars on ovals all their life are going to be better than dudes whove never run stock cars on ovals

ultimately the fact is there probably isnt ten loving drivers in the world that could go rather seemlessly between different styles and be out of the box competitive. thats why generational talents like Tony Stewart were fun to watch.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I watched the Truck race in its entirety without watching it live yesterday- I caught up on the first part on DVR, then watched the finish later after going to dinner. It was during this that I realized this was the first time in a long time I'd done it for a non-Plate race and I realized it all had to do with the track.

Give us more short tracks in the lower series, NASCAR.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

ultimately the fact is there probably isnt ten loving drivers in the world that could go rather seemlessly between different styles and be out of the box competitive. thats why generational talents like Tony Stewart were fun to watch.

The list of modern Indy/F1-to-NASCAR drivers to make it work is remarkably short: Tony Stewart, JPM. You can maybe make a case for Robby Gordon.

Hornish, Franchitti, Jacks, Carpentier, Papis, Tracy, Piquet couldn't cut it. The only reason Danica is still in Cup is sponsorship and marketability-based (and even that stumbled this year thanks to Nature's Bakery), but she wasn't awful in IndyCar.

It probably would be remarkably short going the other direction, too. Kurt Busch demonstrated it, and I think Kyle, Jeff Gordon, and maybe Kyle Larson could/could've done it. That's about it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

It probably would be remarkably short going the other direction, too. Kurt Busch demonstrated it, and I think Kyle, Jeff Gordon, and maybe Kyle Larson could/could've done it. That's about it.

The sample size we're talking about is very small sadly. We've see Kurt run Indy, yes, but we've never seen him run Long Beach, Iowa or a place like Mid Ohio. THAT would give us a much clearer vision of who can cut it honestly.

The "Indy to stock car" folks seem to have a larger sample size, and we're able to kinda go "Yeah outside of Road Courses and Plate Tracks? It's not worth putting them in a car".

i dont think its exactly controversial to say people whove been good at running stock cars on ovals all their life are going to be better than dudes whove never run stock cars on ovals

Montoya is the last sort of guy in that Foyt, Andretti mold that I think could ease into different forms of the sport and be successful.

Robby Gordon also did well, but I consider him more of an off road talent than a guy from a formula background.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Robby Gordon just wasn't meant for asphalt and the results showed

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

God Edsel Ford is a wanker.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

At least he picked up a handful of wins in both CART and NASCAR, though.

I also keep forgetting Allmendinger was an open wheel-to-NASCAR crossover.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

At least he picked up a handful of wins in both CART and NASCAR, though.

I also keep forgetting Allmendinger was an open wheel-to-NASCAR crossover.

'Dinger has a lot of talent, though as an open wheel fan? I wonder how he'd have done if he'd have stayed pat in CCWS.

Dude won the Barber Dodge, Toyota Atlantics title and finished 3rd with 5 wins in 06 before going to Cup. He was competing, winning against Will Power, Bourdais and Tracy. His :911: contemporaries at the time in Ryan Hunter Reay, Sam Hornish Jr. and Buddy Rice wound up with National Championships and Indianapolis 500 wins.

That being said? To have had the success he's had in stock car racing is still fairly impressive.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Robby was very talented but he was also a hothead and extremely prone to making really stupid mistakes at critical moments.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAvB3Nfe14g&t=177s

My favorite Robby Gordon memory.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Stenhouse is a legend

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

<- new stenhouse fan

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Caution for someones bag of weed they lost

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
"What the gently caress happened right there?" - Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Good Race

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Come for the PUNCHSPORTS BRO, stay for the...race, I guess, yeah, that's going on, too.

https://twitter.com/VegasandVine/status/848989943623860224

E- Interesting crossover, but will it work?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 3, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i legit thought that was an april fools thing about drivers themselves getting in scheduled fights during/after races...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Michael Buffer voice: Boooooooooys have aaaaat iiiiiiit

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

No harm in trying it out, really

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's on the right track; a more suitable activity for the demographic would be girls in bikinis fighting in mud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Mark Martin's Facebook page announced he and Tony Stewart would be racing lawn mowers at his FanFest. Goddamn it, why can't they announce this in January when you can get plane tickets and hotel rooms?

• Locked thread