Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

HJB posted:

Alonso emojis?!

Apparently there was a hole in my life I didn't even know existed until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

You're mentally ill if you don't think Schumacher was a talented driver

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

You're mentally ill if you don't think Schumacher was a talented driver

I didnt say that, but it was well known Ferrari was cheating like gently caress and were even allowed their own compound of tyres. Let that sink in. Ferrari were using different tires to the rest of the teams to keep their special status within F1.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yes that is the kind of thing that happens during tyre wars sometimes.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Stroll: Critics are Jealous

Gotta be an April fools??

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you not jealous of someone who is able to drive a formula one car and sex lots of women because of it, safe in the knowledge you will inherit billions of dollars even if you are a poo poo driver?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

julian assflange posted:

Are you not jealous of someone who is able to drive a formula one car and sex lots of women because of it, safe in the knowledge you will inherit billions of dollars even if you are a poo poo driver?
"Able to drive" is a bit of a stretch.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

Obviously people who are not in Formula 1 are trying to find excuses why they are not in Formula 1.

I know I am....there's obviously been some massive injustice.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I was born in Trumpland I didn't know I was missing billions of weird monies and sexy lady friends.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Falken posted:

"Able to drive" is a bit of a stretch.

Still seems like he is in the better situation, OP

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is this an April Fools joke? https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-agrees-plan-for-cheaper-and-noisier-engines-888644/

Can't wait to see which team crushes this new formula and dominates for a few years before yet another new formula is implemented to stop them.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It really is as simple as "More fuel". While it is true that the turbo acts as a muffler on the exhaust, there are plenty of loud-rear end turbo cars. I'd be disappointed to abandon the turbo v6 format completely.

The problem is "less fuel" is some bullshit the FIA is pushing, along with 19 inch wheels.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Is this an April Fools joke? https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-agrees-plan-for-cheaper-and-noisier-engines-888644/

Can't wait to see which team crushes this new formula and dominates for a few years before yet another new formula is implemented to stop them.

I'm kinda disappointed if its true. I feel like this formula needed a tweak and not a wholesale throwing out of the concept.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope that's fake. April First is the worst loving day on the Internet

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Yes that is the kind of thing that happens during tyre wars sometimes.

Goodyear, Michelin and Pirelli did that in the past as well.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
It's reported on the FIA's site, and they don't strike me as April fools kind of folks.

What a waste of time

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Honda will figure out the current formula just in time for the entire thing to be scrapped. Then they will back to where they are now.

We need some sort of Alonso sad smiliey thing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like this new formula. Hopefully Turbocharging is retained.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stop loving with the power units.

Change DRS activation range to two seconds. Up the fuel restrictions so they can actually push since the cars aren't hamstrung by tyres at the moment. Let them loving develop on everything else.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Cool, so not only is Lance Stroll extreme loving garbage but he's also insufferable as gently caress with all those comments he just made about jealously. Not even a "Well, for sure, it's a learning process and I'm hoping for a better race next weekend."

No, straight up just:

quote:

"Obviously people who are not in Formula 1 are trying to find excuses why they are not in Formula 1," he told Autosport.

"I think that the drivers in the [F1] paddock have respect of each other.

"They all know that winning Formula 4, Formula Renault, Formula 3 takes a lot of effort and work to do that.

"So for sure the drivers in Formula 1 have respect for each other, we know what it takes to arrive here and that obviously the drivers, who are not here, most of the time will find a way to find a reason not to be here.

"So it's normal. I don't think I need to spell it for you, but thats the way it is.

"Because you always going to find jealous people and people that don't like you for the wrong reasons and that's the way it is."

"I think everyone here on the grid as drivers, and even the people who work in the teams they really know racing, they know what it takes to arrive in Formula 1," he said.

"They know the championships you need to win are challenging and to score the points for the superlicense, you need to be able to win them.

"And for drivers like [Sebastian] Vettel and [Lewis] Hamilton and [Esteban] Ocon - all of them had to win those championships.

"That's very challenging and they know that and that's why we share respect for each other even if we are racing all together, we have respect for each other."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128739

Incredible.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Someone one proposed a formula where you can do anything you want and the only requirement is that you can use more then a set amount of Joules in your fuel source. So one time might do 50 gallons of hydrogen, another might use High Octane Diesel, etc. Everything else would be open.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dude acting like he's not a poo poo rookie.

Ain't no one care about your results with Prema my dude. Might as well be in different car class.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Cool, so not only is Lance Stroll extreme loving garbage but he's also insufferable as gently caress with all those comments he just made about jealously. Not even a "Well, for sure, it's a learning process and I'm hoping for a better race next weekend."

No, straight up just:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128739

Incredible.

It's only fitting Stroll gets attention on April 1st.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I like this new formula. Hopefully Turbocharging is retained.

They could always have both NA and Turbo engines on the grid at the same time. Adjust rules so they both are competitive as needed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Triple A posted:

They could always have both NA and Turbo engines on the grid at the same time. Adjust rules so they both are competitive as needed.

Feel like this just increases the possibility of someone building a totally dominant engine and having to wait a year for the rules to "fix" it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Triple A posted:

ACO's (or is it WEC's?) system has done amazingly well at encouraging wildly different engine designs and yet providing close racing at the top level while still ensuring that only Germans will win.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

ACO's (or is it WEC's?) system has done amazingly well at encouraging wildly different engine designs and yet providing close racing at the top level while still ensuring that only Germans will win.

Then again, Toyota is remarkably unlucky at it considering what happened last year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Triple A posted:

Then again, Toyota is remarkably unlucky at it considering what happened last year.

Stop reminding me....

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

I hope that's fake. April First is the worst loving day on the Internet

Nice to meet you, Tom Preston/Andrew Dobson.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

Apparently there was a hole in my life I didn't even know existed until now.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

Wild theory. Tony has expat parents or grandparents and think they are representative of the people "back home", when the reality is that all a lot of expats represent is the Australian wing of the BNP.

I don't know why Tony gets so much attention, the actual content of his posts are very similar to 1500quidporsche's and many other posters here. At least he's honest about what he's trying to say, I respect that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

I don't know why Tony gets so much attention, the actual content of his posts are very similar to 1500quidporsche's and many other posters here. At least he's honest about what he's trying to say, I respect that.

God, April Fools Day is the worst.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

God, April Fools Day is the worst.

RIGHT?!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I didnt say that, but it was well known Ferrari was cheating like gently caress and were even allowed their own compound of tyres. Let that sink in. Ferrari were using different tires to the rest of the teams to keep their special status within F1.

Since there was no mandated tire compounds, how was that cheating?.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
A lot of what Ferrari did back them was what the British would file under "poor form", which was why we rather impotently hated them for so many years. Also a hell of a lot of older British people say how much they loved Senna back in the day when Prost was by far the more popular driver at the time - Senna was thought of as as a dangerous cheat, Prost the thinking man's gentleman driver.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And history has proven Prost right. As well as not dead.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hot take: driver helmets should be exempt from sponsor logos. It makes them look poo poo, Vettel's is easily the best now he's grown out of that stupid glitter fart stage.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Vettel ... is easily the best
Hard to disagree, he's German, he's driving a Ferrari, he's winning. What's not to like?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

Hot take: driver helmets should be exempt from sponsor logos. It makes them look poo poo, Vettel's is easily the best now he's grown out of that stupid glitter fart stage.

You mean "was forced to grow out of". I maintain that his white helmet is a protest. Homeboy put LEDs on his helmet. That kind of retarded doesnt wear off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah but they do that by utilizing Balance of Power so

• Locked thread