Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

financially racist posted:

space is fuckin rad, i really wish i was smart enough to be an astrophysicist

i alwaysth ought it would be realy easy to cheat on an astrophysicist because they gently caress off to the middle of nowher lateat night and give really specific timeframes about how long theyll be gone like "aslong as that star is visible"the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Glad to know Trump didn't slow down just because I was DMing lmao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only rules that exist are in your mind. Let them go and be truly free.

hell yea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

radical meme posted:

At some point, I'd think that the GOP might want to start making things matter in regard to ethics and conflicts of interest just so that future Presidents don't run the country like a monarchy.

Who am I kidding; nothing matters.

yeah that stopped nixon reagan bush clinton bush obama

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Donkwich posted:

what will we find? ed balls?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

so are they organized by subject or by date?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

so are they organized by subject or by date?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cumshitter posted:

i alwaysth ought it would be realy easy to cheat on an astrophysicist because they gently caress off to the middle of nowher lateat night and give really specific timeframes about how long theyll be gone like "aslong as that star is visible"the

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah that stopped nixon reagan bush clinton bush obama

I know you're being ironic, mostly, and we could quibble about ethics but, on the conflict of interest side of the equation, no President in history has just flagrantly abused the office as badly as Trump and we're only 70 days into his presidency.

If I'm wrong about this then, I'm willing to be shown the evidence otherwise.

Trump's actively expanding his brand while President, and he's not even denying that he's doing it.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

ai ya

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Office_of_Special_Counsel

quote:

Prohibited personnel practices[edit]
OSC's primary mission is to protect federal employees and others from "prohibited personnel practices." Those practices, defined by law at § 2302(b) of Title 5 of the United States Code (U.S.C.), generally stated, provide that a federal employee may not take, direct others to take, recommend or approve any personnel action that:

1.discriminate against an employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicapping condition, marital status, or political affiliation;
2.solicit or consider employment recommendations based on factors other than personal knowledge or records of job-related abilities or characteristics;
3.coerce the political activity of any person;
4.deceive or willfully obstruct anyone from competing for employment;
5.influence anyone to withdraw from competition for any position so as to improve or injure the employment prospects of any other person;
6.give an unauthorized preference or advantage to anyone so as to improve or injure the employment prospects of any particular employee or applicant;
7.engage in nepotism (i.e., hire, promote, or advocate the hiring or promotion of relatives);
8.engage in reprisal for whistleblowing—i.e., take, fail to take, or threaten to take or fail to take a personnel action with respect to any employee or applicant because of any disclosure of information by the employee or applicant that he or she reasonably believes evidences a violation of a law, rule or regulation; gross mismanagement; gross waste of funds; an abuse of authority; or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety (if such disclosure is not barred by law and such information is not specifically required by Executive Order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or the conduct of foreign affairs—if so restricted by law or Executive Order, the disclosure is only protected if made to the Special Counsel, the Inspector General, or comparable agency official);
9.take, fail to take, or threaten to take or fail to take a personnel action against an employee for exercising an appeal, complaint, or grievance right; testifying for or assisting another in exercising such a right; cooperating with or disclosing information to the Special Counsel or to an Inspector General; or refusing to obey an order that would require the individual to violate a law;
10.discriminate based on personal conduct which is not adverse to the on-the-job performance of an employee, applicant, or others;
11.take or fail to take, recommend, or approve a personnel action if taking or failing to take such an action would violate a veterans’ preference requirement;
12.take or fail to take a personnel action, if taking or failing to take action would violate any law, rule or regulation implementing or directly concerning merit system principles at 5 U.S.C. § 2301; or
13.implement or enforce a nondisclosure agreement or policy lacking notification of whistleblower rights.[3]

how many of these have been broken already. I count at least 5, more if you consider katie walsh a whistleblower.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i wanna do future science like xenopaleontology and astroscaping

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

radical meme posted:

I know you're being ironic, mostly, and we could quibble about ethics but, on the conflict of interest side of the equation, no President in history has just flagrantly abused the office as badly as Trump and we're only 70 days into his presidency.

If I'm wrong about this then, I'm willing to be shown the evidence otherwise.

Trump's actively expanding his brand while President, and he's not even denying that he's doing it.
of course he is
w h e n t h e p r e s i d e n t d o e s i t i t s n o t i l l e g a l

shits loco but it aint nowhere done thats for sure

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only rules that exist are in your mind. Let them go and be truly free.

I feel like you are telling me to answer the call of the Sovereign Citizen. :patriot:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Expanse is very good

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

xenopaleontology
dont dream it
be it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

A cute girl posted:

me reading this post: who are you again lmao

homeless friend is cool and you're a dumb rear end in a top hat, hope that helps

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

April 1st is Trump Day.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

homeless friend is cool and you're a dumb rear end in a top hat, hope that helps

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

quote:

It is ironic that the arsonists that caused the financial collapse are now being given credit...for putting out the fire. Almost every macroeconomist concedes in retrospect that [the Fed’s] extended period of easy money led to the financial crisis,” said Rep. Thomas Massie, a Republican from Kentucky.

What the gently caress no one thinks this

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

dont dream it
be it

i hope aliens dig up my bones in a million years and clone me and reconstruct my neural patterns from my web history and i get to give them a tour of the destroyed empire of man by pointing at distant former landmarks and saying "TRUMP"

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Rex-Goliath posted:

fyi thomas massie is a big giant idiot with an idiot brain full of idiot juice

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

dont dream it
be it

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rex-Goliath posted:

republicans do

banks can't be blamed for the crisis because of the free market, gotta be the fault of the people who are supposed to regulate monetary policy

its similar to them blaming the epa for the rivers being polluted with mine run-off

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Trump is a color blind angel

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
This whole "audit the fed" movement. Could someone explain it to me. You see, I'm a bit of a dumb gently caress when it comes to economics. What's the point? Negatives/Positives?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Wikkheiser posted:

Mike Pence in the Naval Observatory like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbPdLAMtQYc

The Young Pope is so loving cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFMDVH4lqSU

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

I did a thing posted:

This whole "audit the fed" movement. Could someone explain it to me. You see, I'm a bit of a dumb gently caress when it comes to economics. What's the point? Negatives/Positives?

Do you own a lot of gold/slaves/robots? If so, you will like Ron Paul and his desire to audit/end the federal reserve and return the US to a gold based currency.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Solarin posted:

Trump is a color blind angel

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Michael Flynn’s Immunity Request Rejected By Senate Intelligence Committee
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/senate-intelligence-committee-rejects-immunity-michael-flynn-n741061

quote:

The Senate Intelligence Committee turned down the request by former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's lawyer for a grant of immunity in exchange for his testimony, two congressional sources told NBC News.

A senior congressional official with direct knowledge said Flynn's lawyer was told it was "wildly preliminary" and that immunity was "not on the table" at the moment. A second source said the committee communicated that it is "not receptive" to Flynn's request "at this time."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im a sovereign shitposter

your forum rules have no power over me and I refuse to create forums joinder

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I did a thing posted:

monetary policy is kept at arms length from our political process for a whole bunch of good reasons incl a strong preference for policy stability over time

congress wants congress to have a say :whitewater:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oops I accidentally broke the law! my bad!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/848271556623175680

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I did a thing posted:

I feel like you are telling me to answer the call of the Sovereign Citizen. :patriot:

free man on the land

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Louisgod posted:

They've tried all variants of "IvankaHot" but just can't crack it

Ivankahumpalot

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

i hope aliens dig up my bones in a million years and clone me and reconstruct my neural patterns from my web history and i get to give them a tour of the destroyed empire of man by pointing at distant former landmarks and saying "TRUMP"

that's what this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

• Locked thread