Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Nathan Brown is giving Josh Kennedy a bath. Jesse Hogan out pointed Brown all game last week.

Logic follows that Hogan is obviously a better forward than Kennedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Deliberate out of bounds applies to all situations except against the Eagles in Subi

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I'm loving dying

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Predicting something irredeemably poo poo that loses it for us in the last.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Lewis Taylor is loving useless

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Josh Bruce with 12 disposals and 4 marks in the 3rd quarter.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
There's something a bit... off.. about the Lions' guernseys this year.

The apparel sponsor is "Majestic", whom I've never head of.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Get hosed you cheats

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

"A great story unfolding with the return of the essendon football club"

:barf:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuck

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

is he leading he coleman yet?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

:unsmith:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
The junk time goals flattered the margin, but glad to get the win. Walla and Raz were fantastic. But Brisbane did well, Hipwood will be great for them so I hope they manage to keep him.

But yeah, a more experienced team would have turned our lights out tonight pretty easily in the second half

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

They got banned for a reason; it's not a fairytale about underdogs, it's about rightfully banned players returning

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'd be excited about the end of the Saints vs Weagles game but ABC local just cut the feed abruptly because heaven knows we can't miss a minute of Saturday Night Country. gently caress you ABC.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Just loving kill me now.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Gross

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

ewe2 posted:

I'd be excited about the end of the Saints vs Weagles game but ABC local just cut the feed abruptly because heaven knows we can't miss a minute of Saturday Night Country. gently caress you ABC.
Isn't the guy like loving 123 or something.

Almost as bad as Macca.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
As a neutral observer who tuned in just after halftime this has been a very entertaining second half

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Saints getting crushed trying to clear from defense. Is the Weagles Web working again?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I hate you St Kilda.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Its been very exciting. I just deleted the AFL app since now it demands money for videos. Apparently the Saints have lost their legs after leading for most of the game, which is a pity.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Ahh crap.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
This is the worst way to lose. loving hell.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lol

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Eagles lucky with some umpire calls, but mostly just held their nerve in the last quarter, and looked more fit tbh

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Saints: not as good or as fit as we thought. I'm not blaming it on the missing players, they're just not there yet as a team.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Lessons from tonight:

1. Play four quarters.
2. Kick straight.
3. Never play in Western Australia.

At least it was an improvement over last year.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

How do you run out of fitness in round 2?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Well done Eagles. :allears:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

It was pretty warm, was it not?

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

snaeksikn posted:

Saints were playing their arses off in the first three quarters, they just forgot to leave something in the tank

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

monolithburger posted:

It was pretty warm, was it not?

It was like 31 today but there was a cool breeze around for most of the day so it wasn't oppressive. It cooled right down as the sun went down.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
If the Saints kicked straight, the last quarter would've been irrelevant. Perhaps they just hoped to be further in front by playing hard early.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
So if the expected winners win tomorrow the Top 8 will all be 2-0.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Saints age/experience demographic may have something to do with it:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ewe2 posted:

Nah, I read it for information's sake, just that this particular angle was completely new to me; it was claimed that Dermott Brereton raised it on SEN with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan. Surely the boys can't be that threatened?

Baseless speculation:

Firstly, there are no openly gay players in the AFL. (Because historically contact sports have contained a higher than average number of people who call people 'fags' and would happily bash someone for talking with a lisp.)

By contrast, there are a few openly gay female athletes in a number of different sports. (More baseless speculation: because: a. lesbians have not historically been bashed for being gay (I don't even know if this is true, but I just haven't heard of it as much, and bashing people for being 'wrong' is a more stereotypically male activity) and b. female athletes have already often been stereotyped as being lesbian, because being physically fit is stereotypically masculine, which particularly coming from the 90s, may have seen straight women more likely to avoid these activities for fear of being branded a lesbian)

So people see that there are more openly gay women in certain sports than there are openly gay men, and conclude they must be somehow making them gay within the sport, rather than female sports being less toxic towards gay people/society in general being more toxic towards female sports.

PS go Crows!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Deadly Hume posted:

There's something a bit... off.. about the Lions' guernseys this year.

The apparel sponsor is "Majestic", whom I've never head of.

Looks like they were another victim of BLK going under, the press release said the Majestic deal was to start from 2018 but moved forward. Majestic is best known as the official on-field partner for MLB.

[Edit] SAINTS :smith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

They made it past quarter time this week at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

harperdc posted:

Looks like they were another victim of BLK going under, the press release said the Majestic deal was to start from 2018 but moved forward. Majestic is best known as the official on-field partner for MLB.

[Edit] SAINTS :smith:
OK BLK fashion victims. The guernseys just looked a bit loose though that might be deliberate for Brisbane. (I kind of like the Bears style clash jumper, though.)

Since we're onto guernsey chat:

Also not a fan of Port going for a white number panel - sure, it's "traditional" for Port but it kind of messes up what was a pretty intimidating look with the all-black except for the vees. They looked like ninjas! Now they look like Port again.

• Locked thread