Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Astro7x posted:

$25, it needs to be the one that does "Power Saves", but I bought this one specifically.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307

Found the Amiibo files here:

https://nfc-bank.com/bins.php?categoryid=41

It's is simple as installing the software to your Mac/PC, and dragging those .bin files into the folder where it backs up Amiibo data. You place the NFC disc on the device hooked up to your computer, select "power tag", and then load whatever .bin file you want. Place the NFC disc on the controller, and bam, whatever Amiibo you want.

:stare:

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Cool, amiibo theft now. Can we ban criminal chat?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SeANMcBAY posted:

LCU seemed pretty meh to me anyway from the few hours I've played. The world is pretty boring and the combat isn't even as interesting as other Lego games.

I can't go back to playing mediocre open world games after Zelda. It crapped on just about all of them.

LCU is Launch Game As gently caress, and that's pretty much the only reason anyone offers it praise. It's sorta like Killzone 4 getting sympathy backpats years down the line for having decent graphics.

Year 1 of the Wii U was dire until W101 came out, and LCU was one leaky lifeboat to drowning people, among many. It'll probably get the same treatment among Switch owners, which is really odd because Mario Kart is this month, and it launched with Zelda, far better than what the Wii U started with. Sure, they're Wii U ports, but they're also drat good videogames and easily system sellers in their own way.

On other platforms that have been around for some time and are filled with plenty of games to play, it will likely not get the attention some folks think it deserves.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Killzone 4 is a good game.

Lego City Undercover? Not so much.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There is precisely one good Killzone game and it's the one on Vita that isn't actually made by the Killzone team (and their reward for making it was to make a PSVR launch game then get shuttered).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

OH God someone didn't pay for Epona! Call the police

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bought my Link amiibo used. I am going to Nintendo jail.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The future is hacking your video game console to pretend you own the children's toy figurine instead of actually owning the children's toy figurine.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You wouldn't steal a koopa clown car

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Amiibo theft? This doesn't get anyone amiibos. It allows people to access content in the game locked behind 13 dollar figurines. It's the same thing as going to your friend's house and scanning his amiibos into your game. I purchased my three Link amiibos but I'm not going to cry foul on someone who accesses content on their cartridge that they can't even buy. These zelda related amiibos are out of stock everywhere. New ones go for $40-80 from scalpers and even used ones go for over $30. With these amiibos being out of stock everywhere, Nintendo already got all the money they would have gotten. Buying one of these amiibos now doesn't send any money to Nintendo. They aren't losing anything from someone spoofing an amiibo that isn't even for sale anymore.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i got all my amiibos in the great gamestop heist of 2016

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Some guy ordered Nintendo's brand new, ground breaking, impossible to find home console on Amazon. He received it, but it appears to have been shipped from 2006:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mahoning posted:

Some guy ordered Nintendo's brand new, ground breaking, impossible to find home console on Amazon. He received it, but it appears to have been shipped from 2006:

That one's got plenty of games at least :haw:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

lol

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Not judging but if we don't allow piracy talk, I don't​ see how amiibo spoofing is any different. :shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My Switch tablet is currently on its way to Nintendo to be fixed.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Killzone 4 is a good game.

Lego City Undercover? Not so much.

Actually, you'll find that Killzone 4 is bad and Lego City Undercover is good

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Not judging but if we don't allow piracy talk, I don't​ see how amiibo spoofing is any different. :shrug:

Seems more like using cheating tools like a gameshark back in the old days.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Now I have pirated your post

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nintendo monetized cheat codes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

baram. posted:

nintendo monetized cheat codes.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Pretty sure everything amiibos do is stored in the amiibo, so that's software theft. Not a cheat code.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"You obviously aren't going to stop moon-jumping everywhere, so just buy this Revali's Gayle amiibo and we'll let you do it unlimited times.

What do you mean you just want one of the sexy red shark man?"

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sharing amiibos with your friends is like sharing a save file

Gross

Ya you too married couples

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Pretty sure everything amiibos do is stored in the amiibo, so that's software theft. Not a cheat code.

Here's the data structure. You are stealing like 4 letters.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Amiibo

It's finally here, the future where we CAN download a car.

Edit: In case it's not clear, everything an Amiibo does happens on the game end. BOTW is just looking at a serial number that says what kind of figure it is and matching it against a list.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 2, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Get him!

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Next generation Games posting is frantically defending in-cart DLC unlocked by sub-happy meal plastic collectibles

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

enojy posted:

I don't mean to be a dick because I understand that this game was not bad at all, but I'm glad it's not real lol I just don't want to see the Switch follow in the footsteps of early PS4 and Xbone getting mostly remastered games for the first year or two.

this happens with every console, remasters/ports help bolster a fledgling line up

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

FireMrshlBill posted:

However, if they don't step up on exclusives

lol are you high

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Old video games being on modern systems is never a bad thing to me. The Wii U had a lot of great overlooked games and it's dumb to let them stay there barely played by so many. Where did that fake "U-Series" thing come from?

I think it would be cool if Nintendo's library of 30+ years was all on one system.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Had a family emergency the other day that required me selling my wii-u and games to try and get some cash to help with, literally the next day Pikmin 2 shows up for it and now this April Fools image.

Feels like I'm getting super owend :smith:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Had a family emergency the other day that required me selling my wii-u and games to try and get some cash to help with, literally the next day Pikmin 2 shows up for it and now this April Fools image.

Feels like I'm getting super owend :smith:

I know those feels, God bless.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think it would be cool if Nintendo's library of 30+ years was all on one system.

in an ideal world nintendo would make it a subscription service where if you pay a monthly fee you get access to their entire retro catalogue but i guess there's more money to be made overcharging for mediocre emulation on a per game basis

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cardboard Box posted:

in an ideal world nintendo would make it a subscription service where if you pay a monthly fee you get access to their entire retro catalogue but i guess there's more money to be made overcharging for mediocre emulation on a per game basis

No, you have to buy Contra 3 again on the Switch because of how much work the did porting over, it's like a whole new game if you really think about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well if they add in online co-op

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

fivegears4reverse posted:

Next generation Games posting is frantically defending in-cart DLC unlocked by sub-happy meal plastic collectibles

I'm pretty sure it's ridiculous hyperbole and bad faith arguments, same as always.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Also power saves works on amiibo you already own too, so there is nothing really wrong with doing that, since you already gave nintendo the money.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can't go back to playing mediocre open world games after Zelda. It crapped on just about all of them.

Most def. I don't think I'm gonna finish witcher 3 lol

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bef posted:

Most def. I don't think I'm gonna finish witcher 3 lol

the witcher 3 is fantastic in its own right but the standard ubisoft-type open world formula is like completely dead to me now and i was already really tired of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Maybe get mad at GameStop for selling them first.

• Locked thread