Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG posted:

i parked a nissan versa next to someones vw eos. they'd regularly parked it away from the rest of the cars in the office parking lot and i thought it was funny to have my shitbox parked next to the (somewhat) nicer cars. apparently the vw eos owner was offended and figured out who my manager was, then whined at them about my transgression

to their credit my manager was all 'lol you wont believe what this piece of poo poo just said to me'

someone actually complained about what car was being parked next to theirs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol at a vw eos being considered nice

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

echinopsis posted:

someone actually complained about what car was being parked next to theirs?

they didnt just complain, they figured out whose car it was, and then who their manager was

THEN they complained

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Bloody posted:

lol at a vw eos being considered nice

yeah this is possibly the most hosed up part

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Progressive JPEG posted:

they didnt just complain, they figured out whose car it was, and then who their manager was

THEN they complained
Were I the manager I"d have found the complainer's manager and told them this ridiculous story. Even if the complainer is a VP, that kinda culture doesn't fly at any sane company.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i don't like it when the big wide trucks at work park next to me super close because the spots are too narrow.

haven't complained to any managers tho lol

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

akadajet posted:

i don't like it when the big wide trucks at work park next to me super close because the spots are too narrow.

haven't complained to any managers tho lol

box them in. box them IN. BOX THEM IN.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
bigass trucks trigger me pretty bad.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
we used to have a guy that parked his nice new car (I don't even remember what it was) all the way in the back of the lot and right in the middle of two spots so that no one would park close to him. my colleague with the shittiest car in the building made it his mission to park next to him every day, also offset mid spot. the guy eventually did the same thing, figured out his boss and complained. in the end he is as told to stop taking two spots.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

bigass trucks trigger me pretty bad.

I moved to Texas, so I pretty much can't complain about it. It's the popular style.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i walk to work :smugbert:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

we used to have a guy that parked his nice new car (I don't even remember what it was) all the way in the back of the lot and right in the middle of two spots so that no one would park close to him. my colleague with the shittiest car in the building made it his mission to park next to him every day, also offset mid spot. the guy eventually did the same thing, figured out his boss and complained. in the end he is as told to stop taking two spots.

lol

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

i walk to work :smugbert:

i bike to work

the parking lot is underground so there's no point in trying to show off your dumb car because no one can see it; also you're just advertising that you're dumb enough to spend $350/mo on parking

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

minivanmegafun posted:

i bike to work

the parking lot is underground so there's no point in trying to show off your dumb car because no one can see it; also you're just advertising that you're dumb enough to spend $350/mo on parking

Wait, you have to pay your own company $350 a month for parking? Lmfao

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

vodkat posted:

If you're dumb enough to drive to work in NYC without it being expensable then probably.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

If you're dumb enough to drive to work in NYC without it being expensable then probably.

downtown chicago actually, and i'd be paying the skyscraper i work in not my own employer

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

minivanmegafun posted:

downtown chicago actually, and i'd be paying the skyscraper i work in not my own employer

lol if you live somewhere near chicago thats not easily accessible by train

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

minivanmegafun posted:

do you also pay the rent for your office?

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

The Management posted:

do you also pay the rent for your office?

no, because my employer expects me to be there

they don't expect me to commute by car, that's just stupid.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

minivanmegafun posted:

no, because my employer expects me to be there

they don't expect me to commute by car, that's just stupid.

if they want to locate themselves someplace where it costs 300 dollars to park, then they should pay for parking.

well, unless public transit is really good in chicago i have no idea

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

if they want to locate themselves someplace where it costs 300 dollars to park, then they should pay for parking.

its p good transit

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

its excellent by american standards

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
in that case, i agree that it is good to tax people who insist on living in the burbs and commuting in their own vehicle

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so yeah I have a new jorb, starting in 2 weeks

I remember a while back there was this guy my boss wanted to hire and the dude decided that a parking space was his #1 dealbreaker gotta have it thing but the company had a policy to not pay for parking so it took like 3 extra weeks to get the guy on board, that should have been an obvious red flag though because he ended up being a useless shitlord who got fired 6 months later and not even "scott went on to pursue other opportunities" it was like yeah we fired him

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

:toot:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

nice. I hope you're actively not caring as hard as you can at your current job

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

qirex posted:

I remember a while back there was this guy my boss wanted to hire and the dude decided that a parking space was his #1 dealbreaker gotta have it thing but the company had a policy to not pay for parking so it took like 3 extra weeks to get the guy on board, that should have been an obvious red flag though because he ended up being a useless shitlord who got fired 6 months later and not even "scott went on to pursue other opportunities" it was like yeah we fired him

hope the offer hadnt been sent today XD

Iverron
May 13, 2012

The Management posted:

nice. I hope you're actively not caring as hard as you can at your current job

I live for this day.

The worst part about a toxic work environment isn't the 8-5 M-F, it's laying awake on a Saturday night because you can't stop stewing over said toxic work environment.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Iverron posted:

I live for this day.

The worst part about a toxic work environment isn't the 8-5 M-F, it's laying awake on a Saturday night because you can't stop stewing over said toxic work environment.
its how exhausted you are at the end of every work day, despite not doing much of anything or getting anything done

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Iverron posted:

I live for this day.

if its that bad just quit and touch computers for old people for a while or something idk whatever, some things in life just aint worth it no matter what the figgies

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

vodkat posted:

if its that bad just quit and touch computers for old people for a while or something idk whatever, some things in life just aint worth it no matter what the figgies

this is literally what i did when i got tired of my 2 hour commute for not enough figgies
but then i found out that touching computers for the elderly isnt a very employable skillset, oops!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

vodkat posted:

My old workplace made us pay for parking in a garage I'm pretty certain they owned. I'm sure they would try to brush complaints off by saying it was to pay the parking management company and they couldn't give it to employees because that wouldn't be fair to the employees that don't drive or parked in another structure.

They also wouldn't allow us to park there on weekends or evenings and would sell spots after hours for sports and other events

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my company reimburses us $70/month for buying mass transit but not for monthly parking if you choose to drive

we design transportation infrastructure tho

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The building I work in has a couple thousand desks, but only 150 or so parking spots

You're expected to use public transit.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
paying for parking is total bullshit. if they are not going to pay for it then they shouldn't be able to require your rear end to be on their chairs every day. it doesn't matter if 99% of the company walks. that's like saying women need to pay for ladies toilets maintenance because 99% of the company are men and don't use their toilets.

qirex posted:

that guy may have been an incompetent employee but at least he had some self-respect. kudos to him.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
gently caress corporates

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

that's like saying women need to pay for ladies toilets maintenance because 99% of the company are men and don't use their toilets.

it really, really isn't.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

coffeetable posted:

it really, really isn't.

both are essential infrastructure

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I walk to work, some of my coworkers bike, bus, or drive to work. we all use the bathrooms. a better analogy would be something like having glasses covered in the company health plan, or covering daycare or something. bathrooms are something that everyone uses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

depends on so much stuff though, last job i had was in the middle of downtown, there were tons of options for how to get there and back, and providing parking right on site would have been monstrously expensive

most people rode buses, the people who did not tended to get a long-term spot in whatever direction they were coming from and grab a bus (or bike) the last kilometer

• Locked thread