Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I only care about mordheim in the sense that it has active player control unless i'm mistaken

I can't get into SRPGs unless i'm directly moving and aiming with each character, Valkyria style

Fire Emblem being an exception because i can crank the speed up to 2000x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

AI skirmishes. they're hard so thats ok?

You've saved my desire to buy and play this game, thanks for this Prank Day miracle!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

But now we have gold statue men and reality balls clearly this was a good choice to go with for warhammer

They have steampunk blimp dwarves now too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i read there's 8 story missions for each side which is kind of a disappointing number but whatever

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i read there's 8 story missions for each side which is kind of a disappointing number but whatever
even better if that means it's short

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I still want it, but I don't know if I forty bucks want it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

No action in that pose atball and literally has a chain sword A+

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

even better if that means it's short

i think you can keep still doing the randomized combat missions forever if you want, though, like if you are an insane person or whatever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

thats so loving awful

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think you can keep still doing the randomized combat missions forever if you want, though, like if you are an insane person or whatever
Arc the Lad on PS2 had random encounters in addition to the crafted missions and I can't imagine just doing generic randomized ones for fun

Invisible Inc is maybe the only procedurally generated game that didn't gently caress UP with the random level generation, ever. EVER

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Nier:A cutscenes are video files, so maybe they were encoded at 30 or 24fps? People say they are smoother on the consoles, though I don't know if that's verified or just a gut reaction

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

thats so loving awful

Warhammer already peaked with the enormous death robots, so...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
VIDEO

GAMES

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gimme names if you wanna die in fantasy xcom
Name a guy Flimflam.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wikipedia page for blitzkampf posted:

some non-Japanese enthusiasts have gathered in communities like Shoryuken.com[8] (the official host of the Evolution Championship Series fighting game tournaments in the US), where the game has received unofficial nicknames such as "Jewpuncher".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Classy!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
To be honest, when I first heard about the fact that you can play as a tank in a fighting game, I imagined something much cooler than "robot with skull"

I think it would have been cooler if it were just like...idk, a regular tank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ow5fRMR90

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

I sure do like having to search one letter at a time, wait for the results to load, choosing the second letter, wait for the results to load, etc.

The PS3 store used to have a normal search bar, idk why they changed it

You could use it to find things a couple of hours before the store officially updated but I don't see why that would be a problem

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can still do that on the webstore anyway

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dear april thread, today i walked seven and a half miles to buy original prints of ff6 grand finale, ff5 dear friends, and ff love will grow for like $26 between them

life's good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A day late, but GaMetal has a tradition of doing music from terrible or weird games on April Fool's. Last year was the final boss theme from some Spongebob game. This time, it's CHEETAHMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHsJSm1IHU&hd=1

Most people don't remember that game, but if you've ever played I Wanna Be The Guy, you'll immediately recognize the catchy theme.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Captain Invictus posted:

A day late, but GaMetal has a tradition of doing music from terrible or weird games on April Fool's. Last year was the final boss theme from some Spongebob game. This time, it's CHEETAHMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHsJSm1IHU&hd=1

Most people don't remember that game, but if you've ever played I Wanna Be The Guy, you'll immediately recognize the catchy theme.

I remember AVGN doing a whole episode of Cheetahmen, does that count?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sakurazuka posted:

You can still do that on the webstore anyway

They have the web version right there, working properly and not being terrible and they still put that absurd search bar and for some reason you can't search themes but you can on the site and do they just not want you to use it on the console?! It's insane.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nier Automata complaint #1, by a country mile: trying to open a chest but accidentally talking to 9S. NO! I don't want to loving change your battle settings!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Nier Automata complaint #1, by a country mile: trying to open a chest but accidentally talking to 9S. NO! I don't want to loving change your battle settings!

Ugh, yes.

They should have thrown another option in the list: "hey, as long as you're here, open that chest for me".

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you gotta hold the button for like two seconds to talk to 9s though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

you gotta hold the button for like two seconds to talk to 9s though

It's the same to open the chests though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jumping instead of picking something up in FF15

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think this ever happened to me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah, a chest i spy. time to hold the open button, and take my eyes off the screen for a significant amo- huh nooo !!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A lot of chests are really finicky with where you need to stand to actually get an open prompt, and 9S will just kind of lackadaisically wander into range just as you finally get in your spot.

It's absolutely not 2 seconds, though. Both chest and dialogue prompts are essentially immediate for me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I miss Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, if they made an HD remaster of them I would so buy it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Breath of the Wild (2017)

e:

Link not left handed, what kind of bullshit is this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I loving KNEW IT

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/peter-molyneux-talks-regrets-and-whats-next-w474369

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nothing surprises me, fgc is comprised of huge infants and all-around assholes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

video

games

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Only ever tap O to open chests. Playing Nioh had me in the habit of holding, but holding is just for talking to 9S...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The problem I had was that the game would only display one prompt at a time, so when 9S stepped in front of the chest I only accidentally talked to him about a handful of times, but most other times it happened I would have to move and rotate the camera to get the chest prompt again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i recall this being pretty fun

• Locked thread