Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

This should be a well educated reply from a perfectly sane adult who knows what they're talki-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

trucutru posted:

So 2.6.2 *was* released on time. I'm actually shocked.

I'm sorry MoMA, I owe you and your super-secret sources an apology.

Of course, it's only something called 2.6.2 and it doesn't fix or improve anything but it is there, and it's named 2.6.2 so it counts.

Of course, the best thing about this is that we'll get the updated schedule in 14 days. Sure, it's supposed to be posted next Friday but I have the suspicion they'll forget about it, then reddit will bitch, then the Hobo will post about it next Saturday and so on.

It was supposed to go live the 23rd

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Marine is looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwc4oeax98&t=106s

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Makes Battlefield look like trash tbh

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Never has suicide due to spontaneous space suit horror looked this fidelitous

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

DapperDon posted:

These are hydroponic systems that rotate around the light source. The theory is for maximum canopy lighting with a single light source for greater efficiency.

Mirrors?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Have they ever explained the weird model spaghettification bugs in any of the streams or episodes they put online? I know it's a CryEngine thing but they're just so interesting to me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Have they ever explained the weird model spaghettification bugs in any of the streams or episodes they put online? I know it's a CryEngine thing but they're just so interesting to me.

Have they ever explained ANY of their weird bugs, really?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Star Citizen: Doors should open and close where looking at tem or not

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Star Citizen: Schrodinger Doors are both open and shut until observed

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
This is a known issue.

Please stop spreading FUD.

Moved to concern.

You don't understand game development.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Microsoft is Star Citizen's new publisher

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/62z9g4/good_news_microsoft_to_release_star_citizen_soon/

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Have they ever explained ANY of their weird bugs, really?
Didn't they have like a part of their show where that one nerdy dude "SMASHES BUGS" or is that just really dumb simple stuff? This may have ended years ago I usually only watch the stream events.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! @ 2.6.2 breaking more crap than it fixes. But there's a new ship to sell!

No worries though, the upcoming 2.7 will fix everything.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
amazing that 2.6 was supposed to be the monthly patch for june 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

stinch posted:

amazing that 2.6 was supposed to be the monthly patch for june 2016

Yup. CIG tried doing monthly updates and couldn't even make it past February.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
To be fair, monthly patches would be really hard with the massive amount of content CIG is pushing out.

In 2016 we got a basic inventory save, a new lovely space station, space pants shopping, and babbys first cryengine fps mod with 2 whole maps.

loving content locusts.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Even factoring in Chris meddling to be this unproductive at least 300 of the 400 employees must be interns and fresh graduates.

They redo guns and ships over and over in an effort to train people up to the eventual universe building. Then anyone remotely competent or ethical leaves which necessitates another year of refactoring guns and ships.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

It was supposed to go live the 23rd

No, MoMA talked with some really secret sources and they said that it would go live before the month was over, not the 23rd. And guess what you goonie? It did! Which means mOma's sources are real and derek's suck.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup. CIG tried doing monthly updates and couldn't even make it past February.

Remember when they said patches would not be feature-dependent and this would give them the freedom to publish one every month even if there were problems with one of the expected features? I remember.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

DapperDon posted:

These are hydroponic systems that rotate around the light source. The theory is for maximum canopy lighting with a single light source for greater efficiency.

They used to only be vertically oriented (no need to rotate but you get the light coverage) and the practice was called 'vertical farming' but now there are horizontal units as well

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

DapperDon posted:

Thoatse posted:

They used to only be vertically oriented (no need to rotate but you get the light coverage) and the practice was called 'vertical farming' but now there are horizontal units as well

Well gently caress me

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

That's a hefty investment for your underground shipping container

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
can't wait for Serialized Booleans to finally be implemented in Door 2.0 technology

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
RotoGrotm Model 420

Apparently weed does inspire people to build some intensely cool hardware

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/630wzl/discussion_how_complex_do_people_thing_noncombat/

:science:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Apparently Reddit's April Fools thing was to make /r/place, which lets reddit users make art one pixel at a time or something? /r/starcitizen users are falling all over themselves to get their dumb game's logo drawn in next to noted existing space game Elite Dangerous lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/62zc0k/official_thread_rstarcitizen_on_rplace/

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

Apparently Reddit's April Fools thing was to make /r/place, which lets reddit users make art one pixel at a time or something? /r/starcitizen users are falling all over themselves to get their dumb game's logo drawn in next to noted existing space game Elite Dangerous lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/62zc0k/official_thread_rstarcitizen_on_rplace/

There's actually some cool stuff on there. Didn't see the Star Citizen logo anywhere, tho

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Have these loving idiots ever actually played a game before?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

There's actually some cool stuff on there. Didn't see the Star Citizen logo anywhere, tho

No they haven't managed to get their poo poo together yet. I guess someone is posting a script that will draw it for them lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

No they haven't managed to get their poo poo together yet. I guess someone is posting a script that will draw it for them lol

Wonder if I can hack our downvote bots to ruin their dumb efforts

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

For context, this thing lets an individual account place a pixel on a very large canvas once every 5-10 minutes. It's not terribly hard to place some pixel art and maintain against random noise pixels given even modest coordination among a couple dozen users. So this serves as kind of a barometer of community size/engagement.

On r/elitedangerous:

On the actual r/place:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

For context, this thing lets an individual account place a pixel on a very large canvas once every 5-10 minutes. It's not terribly hard to place some pixel art and maintain against random noise pixels given even modest coordination among a couple dozen users. So this serves as kind of a barometer of community size/engagement.

On r/elitedangerous:

On the actual r/place:

There's even a thread about it on /r/EliteDangerous

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/630c7f/help_us_create_the_star_citizen_logo_next_to/

nobody cares lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol they have part of an E and an N up, and it's all from the Elite Dangerous guys.

Star Citizen has a really great community team lmao

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol they have part of an E and an N up, and it's all from the Elite Dangerous guys.

Star Citizen has a really great community team lmao

Well when they get it done maybe we can put up an S and an H

And by "we" I mean everyone but me. I had the idea, that's the hardest part

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Foo Diddley posted:

Well when they get it done maybe we can put up an S and an H

And by "we" I mean everyone but me. I had the idea, that's the hardest part

Everyone just needs to layer in the fidelity from your idea.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sarsapariller posted:

On r/elitedangerous:

On the actual r/place:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Those upvotes hahaha

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

hELP lovely GREEN thread. I need work laughs. :( Not only has the Thick and Fast content pipelines turned into a trickle, so has their funny media garbage. :(

hello I'm a content locust and this is my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Sale status: mediocre but about right for a random non-concept sale. ELE not imminent.