Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

do democrats have a tangible strategy beyond not trump and beware russians

sit back and let the republicans keep loving up i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

same as they did during bush

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That would be unwise, once this Russian stuff fizzles out from lack of evidence, they will have nothing left. This Russian gambit is a Hail Mary that will not connect.

You are literally retarded

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Toadvine posted:

do any democrats have a tangible strategy beyond not trump and beware russians

A tangible strategy for what, exactly?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

thathonkey posted:

same as they did during bush

things went from bad to worse under bush don't you think?

TheBizzness posted:

A tangible strategy for what, exactly?

retaking state legislatures, quashing the right's reactionary sentiment, building a coalition that will vote them back into the white house, working toward any of the political metrics you use to gauge success, really.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

things went from bad to worse under bush don't you think?

for the dems or for the country?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Robo Reagan posted:

This is a great plan.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Panzeh posted:

he made some statements saying we should never have left and that if we had 'taken the oil' that isis would not exist

And he'd be right? Like I get that you hate the guy and all but you're pretty loving dumb if you don't understand that wiping out the defense forces & leaving plenty of resources for the next violent psychopath makes as much sense as trying to cure the cold by decimating the patients immune system.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

do any democrats have a tangible strategy beyond not trump and beware russians

Probably not since the last time you wondered out loud about this like fifteen minutes ago, no

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Perez as DNC chair is embarrassing

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

thathonkey posted:

for the dems or for the country?

the country

sexpot posted:

Probably not since the last time you wondered out loud about this like fifteen minutes ago, no

it was a rhetorical question, I know the democrats don't have a strategy except play ball until its their turn again.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

it was a rhetorical question

I know, they always are and they're always so thought-provoking

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

sexpot posted:

I know, they always are and they're always so thought-provoking

Ok here's a concise question: why should someone support a party unwilling to adapt or grow, especially after they've demonstrated they're willingness to let poo poo hit fans repeatedly if it increases their chances of getting elected?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Toadvine posted:

Ok here's a concise question: why should someone support a party unwilling to adapt or grow, especially after they've demonstrated they're willingness to let poo poo hit fans repeatedly if it increases their chances of getting elected?

Because there's only 2 parties. Geez. How many times do people have to explain it to you? If you're not on one side, you're on the other. It's pretty simple. Like, you only have a left hand and a right hand. Just pick a side.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

Truly yours is the soul of a philosopher

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EVIL Gibson posted:

This is a great plan.

mitch mcconnel almost got lynched at a town hall meeting after they hosed up ACA so yeah if dems just chill people will probably get hosed over so badly that theyll start voting blue again

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

sexpot posted:

Truly yours is the soul of a philosopher

Patronize if it helps but democrats don't give a gently caress about fixing things beyond what their donors are comfortable fixing.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

Patronize if it helps but democrats don't give a gently caress about fixing things beyond what their donors are comfortable fixing.

Man we are just learning new and exciting things from you all the time, aren't we :monocle:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Here's my thesis: don't vote for federal democrats they suck :flip:

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

M-O-O-N, that spells "You are a cornucopia of surprises"

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah putin isnt known to start wars over petty poo poo at all

did i say he wasn't? didn't i explicitly call him a really bad guy? anyway, feel free to point out all the times he's started a war that killed 500.000 - 1 million people so far, destabilised an entire region, put the final nail in the coffin of the system of international relations and shredded what remained of the west's prestige and credibility in the eyes of the world.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

sexpot posted:

M-O-O-N, that spells "You are a cornucopia of surprises"

You gotta explain this reference for me

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
And just like that, you're dead to me

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Toadvine posted:

So the answer is to put on our MAGA hats and pretend that Reps know what they are doing?

Because that's the only two option.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Why is this Easy D thread brown, whereas the other Easy D thread is goldish?

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blow posted:

Ask Toadvine

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Bholder posted:

So the answer is to put on our MAGA hats and pretend that Reps know what they are doing?

Because that's the only two option.

No it ain't. You could vote third party, you could only vote local, you could get too drunk to stand

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Blow posted:

something something piss tape

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

No it ain't. You could vote third party, you could only vote local, you could get too drunk to stand

being involved is local politics is smart this is where youll get the most "bang for your buck" in terms of influence and representation.

voting 3rd party in the general is dumb as gently caress but ill standby for you to explain why you think it isnt

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Toadvine posted:

Ha, good one.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

thathonkey posted:

being involved is local politics is smart this is where youll get the most "bang for your buck" in terms of influence and representation.

voting 3rd party in the general is dumb as gently caress but ill standby for you to explain why you think it isnt

Because I don't want to lend my miniscule support to either major party at this point.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
lollin bigly at the trumpniks itt

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

Because I don't want to lend my miniscule support to either major party at this point.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/31/politics/white-house-financial-disclosures/index.html

flynn accepted payments from Russian entities for speaking engagements

B-b-b-but Hillary gave goldman sachs speeches

Lol pisstape real

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

what thread do you think this is? we're all that guy in the first panel, but we're all also angels :angel:

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Blue Train posted:

Yea, Bernie would have won

yep

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Toadvine posted:

You gotta explain this reference for me

the stand stephen king tv series

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Toadvine cut that out it's unsanitary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mnoba posted:

the stand stephen king tv series

cool, worth watching? what does M-O-O-N mean?

• Locked thread