Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Hey blunt for century,

Novum posted:

It was hosed up that you killed a FAROOQ because you're posters are retards

Seriously, though. I'm amazed at how many people still fall for his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Double Punctuation posted:

Seriously, though. I'm amazed at how many people still fall for his gimmick.

"Aggressively unfunny" is a boring gimmick

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inco posted:

That's alright, he's posting with the idiots in /pol/ now.

Schadenfreude is on anyone who saw the first episode of Rick and Morty season 3 was streaming on Adult Swim today and thought it was an April Fool's joke.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

Schadenfreude is on anyone who saw the first episode of Rick and Morty season 3 was streaming on Adult Swim today and thought it was an April Fool's joke.

On the one hand writing, voicing & animating an entire 25 minute fake episode is totally something they'd do as an elaborate prank

On the other hand, releasing the first episode months early on April 1 when they knew a bunch of people would miss it is also something they would do. And we won't know for sure either way until the new season genuinely airs!

Edit: don't forget that Rick and Morty was created when Justin Roiland went to all the trouble of creating and broadcasting a hosed up 'Back To The Future' ripoff animation simply because he thought it would be cool to get a Cease & Desist demand from the BttF people.
:nws:
https://vimeo.com/97680161

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Apr 2, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Memento posted:

Thank you for this, I wouldn't have known it was on otherwise!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well set your VPN to US-West because it's already stopped streaming for the East Coast

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Inco posted:

Queering Wheel posted:

That is seriously hosed up. I hope someone tried to help the snake later, or at least put it out of its misery. Guy who just stood there and filmed it is an rear end in a top hat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Move the gently caress on.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey if people are going to lose their minds every time FAOOQ posts, they should at least understand what he's ripping on. :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Do you really want to defend Farooq, of all people?
Not even that, you're going to defend him demanding someone's dog be shot?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Seeing a snake full of porcupine quills made me sad and that's why I posted that. I guess I was supposed to just say nothing but the first sentence so that goons wouldn't keep bringing it up for three pages. My bad, carry on.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Naw, I just think if FAROOQ's gonna be banned for taking the piss out of someone else's post goons should have a little more self-awareness about it, y'know? I mean threads freak out for multiple loving pages whenever the guy appears, complaining about how he should just be ignored. :ironicat:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Farooq posts are hilarious, not because of anything he writes, but because it gives me a chance to watch idiots get butthurt about obvious baitposts.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Not even that, you're going to defend him demanding someone's dog be shot?

Also maybe you need to look at the guy before him demanding an animal in an identical situation be killed. Are you really missing that even with both side by side, twice.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

FAROOQ posted:

i really hope someone shot your dog

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hm, nope, don't think I missed anything

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Farooq posts are hilarious, not because of anything he writes, but because it gives me a chance to watch idiots get butthurt about obvious baitposts.

My favorite part is when Poptart Fairy miraculously appears EVERY TIME to concern troll and defend FAROOQ posts.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Hm, nope, don't think I missed anything

Queering Wheel posted:

That is seriously hosed up. I hope someone tried to help the snake later, or at least put it out of its misery. Guy who just stood there and filmed it is an rear end in a top hat.

You are being wilfully dense if you think FAROOQ wasn't taking the piss out of Wheel, here.

Wasabi the J posted:

My favorite part is when Poptart Fairy miraculously appears EVERY TIME to concern troll and defend FAROOQ posts.

Goons in PYF are really blind to this stuff unless posters they keep bleating about being ignored are around. Like the rape joke idiot in IOSM, or Venda Goat getting away with sincere posting about wanting to gently caress cosplayers. Pointing out goons are being morons isn't the same as saying FAROOQ is blameless.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Hey guys I think this man shouldn't have punched this other man, what do you think?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Queering Wheel posted:

Hey guys I think this man shouldn't have punched this other man, what do you think?

I can't believe FAROOQ would kick a child like that

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That kid should have been euthanized by the person filming.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

poptart_fairy posted:

You are being wilfully dense if you think FAROOQ wasn't taking the piss out of Wheel, here.

Goons in PYF are really blind to this stuff unless posters they keep bleating about being ignored are around. Like the rape joke idiot in IOSM, or Venda Goat getting away with sincere posting about wanting to gently caress cosplayers. Pointing out goons are being morons isn't the same as saying FAROOQ is blameless.

Yeah but FAROOQ posts are like Ebola. There's an outbreak of replies, but his poo poo never incubates long enough to get his hosts to tear other goons apart.

Good trolls never fail to get a response, great trolls get a thread to shut itself down.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite troll is PCOS Bill, since he serious posts, too. :unsmith: He's like the PYF mascot.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It is my opinion that this place is getting less traffic in part because of frustrating posters like FAROOQ and PCOS who the mods fear dealing with.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They've both been banned in the last few weeks.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Good! People who consistently and intentionally ruin threads should not have been given so many chances.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLj6VMbjTkE

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

whiteyfats posted:

My favorite troll is PCOS Bill, since he serious posts, too. :unsmith: He's like the PYF mascot.

Mine too
:iamafag::hf::iamafag:

What a goon.... well done steak....

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I heart bacon posted:

Mine too
:iamafag::hf::iamafag:

What a goon.... well done steak....

Dude in the Football Funhouse beats him out on that.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Wendell posted:

Good! People who consistently and intentionally ruin threads should not have been given so many chances.

but enough about your posting

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Wendell posted:

It is my opinion that this place is getting less traffic in part because of frustrating posters like FAROOQ and PCOS who the mods fear dealing with.

I don't think any of the mods fear FAROOQ; hell, it's because literally a bird LIKES them that they get away with their boring inflammatory snipes

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

FAROOQ has been a terrible poster for a long long time, and BIRD and I have given them many chances to better themselves. They don't seem to be interested in posting better, so here we are. This wasn't just about the dog post, that was just a rather weighty straw that broke the camel's back.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Now FAROOQ was a terrible poster but the shooting the dog thing was pretty reasonable I thought. I mean the guy said he went and killed a porcupine because he was unable to control his dog. Someone thay loving stupid shouldn't have a dog at the very least.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aramoro posted:

Now FAROOQ was a terrible poster but the shooting the dog thing was pretty reasonable I thought. I mean the guy said he went and killed a porcupine because he was unable to control his dog. Someone thay loving stupid shouldn't have a dog at the very least.

Yes, but he said "shoot the dog" instead of "that idiot shouldn't have a dog", so what do I know.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

blunt for century posted:

FAROOQ has been a terrible poster for a long long time, and BIRD and I have given them many chances to better themselves. They don't seem to be interested in posting better, so here we are. This wasn't just about the dog post, that was just a rather weighty straw that broke the camel's back.

The viewpoint of other posters seems to be that other posters would have been banned a long, long time ago for poo poo that FAROOQ has pulled and it seems weird that he's basically gotten away with it for so long.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Slime posted:

The viewpoint of other posters seems to be that other posters would have been banned a long, long time ago for poo poo that FAROOQ has pulled and it seems weird that he's basically gotten away with it for so long.

FAROOQ keeps most of their posts in that ambiguous gray area where the posts by themselves are not overtly terrible, but there's an obvious trend of bad posting. With that sort of person people will raise objections to moderation choices either way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Slime posted:

It's because Literally a Bird has said, several times, that they like Farooq and their posts.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I like FAROOQ when they're being funny, which hasn't happened for a while now.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
reminder that farooq runs this blog also lol @ anyone who thinks he's ironic