Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Finally watched the Tag Match. It was great until DIY was eliminated, then it was pretty flat. I think I'd rather have it not be an elimination match

Sounds like the Revival and AoP couldn't

#do it themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
goodbye shiiiiinsuke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ&t=282s
i'll watch you on tuesdays

goodbye shiiiiiinsuke

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just wanna say that blacks entrance loving rules.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMjrH9evGKc

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Finally watched the Tag Match. It was great until DIY was eliminated, then it was pretty flat. I think I'd rather have it not be an elimination match

There was some wind taken out of the match but it became great again when suddenly the Revival were the plucky underdog faces with the entire crowd behind them. AoP looked like monsters during the finish too.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

shiksa posted:

i'll watch you on tuesdays

It'll be way funnier if he shows up on Raw and becomes Sami's funky Japanese buddy.

That show was awesome, I'm glad they've cemented Roode as a credible champion and DIY and the Revival are basically wrestling gods.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The pre-show is playing again and I can't say this enough...

gently caress Sam Roberts.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
No one is talking about it but Asuka vs Ember Moon is really drat good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Rob posted:

No one is talking about it but Asuka vs Ember Moon is really drat good.

I loved that entire match. Asuka's glee at facing an opponent willing to go toe-to-toe with her, her disappointment when Ember started to fade, and then her joyful cheating when Ember started to get the upper hand was the best. Watching her dance to the beat of her music after loving Ember out of the title was the best.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that entire match. Asuka's glee at facing an opponent willing to go toe-to-toe with her, her disappointment when Ember started to fade, and then her joyful cheating when Ember started to get the upper hand was the best. Watching her dance to the beat of her music after loving Ember out of the title was the best.

Asuka had great character work the entire match and Ember killed it in ring wise. They both came out looking fantastic.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just nipping by to say the temporary DIY and Revival team up was hype af. The four person powerbomb, the uneasy double submission, the finishers with borrowed partners, beautiful. My favourite match in a very strong night overall.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm excited to watch Takeover tomorrow.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Those new belts ... yikes. They remind me of the old TNA X Division tile.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

TheKingslayer posted:

Actually, no one should ever gently caress Sam Roberts.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

TheKingslayer posted:

The pre-show is playing again and I can't say this enough...

sam was great as the 4th mic on opie and anthony who stirred the pot and ate deserved poo poo for having a childish hobby. him playing the straight man during their "coverage" of vince's limo explosion is still one of the funniest radio bits i've ever heard. he's insufferable now that he carries himself with sincerity.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Catching up on a couple of Takeover matches rn. I really like Ally Black's theme and entrance. Holy poo poo he looks threatening as heck in all the best ways. Major props to him.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
That entire card was great. From the wildness of the opener to Black's great presence, DIY/Revival team up spots, Asuka and Ember beating the crap out of eachother, and the entire atmosphere of the main. I love TakeOvers so much.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TakeOver was fantastic from bell to bell. The mixed tag was wild as hell, and Cien vs Black was a fantastic showcase for both guys. During the triple threat tag, I legitimately marked out for the first time in a long time during the double finisher spot. Asuka vs Moon was stiff and strong and good. The only match that sort of fell flat was the Title match. Maybe it was the pacing, I dunno, but I started falling asleep by the middle of it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
big damo in the big preshow http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/killian-dain-added-andre-giant-memorial-battle-royal-232936

quote:

In addition to the previously announced Tian Bing, at least one more wrestler from NXT will be taking part in the 2017 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal on Sunday.

WWE announced on Saturday night that Killian Dain would be making an appearance in the battle royal on the WrestleMania 33 pre-show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The triple threat portion of the tag title match was one of my favorite matches I have ever seen. The second fall was good too but that was transcendent.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

super macho dude posted:

TakeOver was fantastic from bell to bell. The mixed tag was wild as hell, and Cien vs Black was a fantastic showcase for both guys. During the triple threat tag, I legitimately marked out for the first time in a long time during the double finisher spot. Asuka vs Moon was stiff and strong and good. The only match that sort of fell flat was the Title match. Maybe it was the pacing, I dunno, but I started falling asleep by the middle of it.

I thought the main event started slow
But by the end I was super into it.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Wrestling aside, the booking is just so good. The opener is just constant action to get the crowd hot and pumped, and puts over the stable they want to put over. Andrade/Black gives Black a great jumping off point and still makes Andrade look good, they've really rescued him from the "who cares?" reaction. Tag team was awesome, DIY are smart faces, the Revival fuckup their planning but aren't morons and AoP come out with mega-heat as well as looking like badasses from a situation where I think most people were expecting them to let down the match any time they got involved. Plus it's a perfect way to book the Revivals tweener-ish "You're jerks, but you're really good at it" deal. Ember gets put up on Asuka's level, repairs the damage done by having her not work much up until now, and the long-term booking of Asuka getting more and more cocky and arrogant until finally she has to cheat to win has been awesome. And lastly, Roode going over Nakamura again gives him credibility as not just another heel opponent who took advantage of an injury but as a legitimate Top Guy himself.

Also I give a poo poo about Roderick Strong where I gave zero shits about the guy before, but that's probably just me. Guy was over.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I really liked the Asuka-Ember Moon match (even if Ember looks like Naomi cosplaying as Awesome Kong) and I was really impressed with how Ember really brought it. Then again, I guess we haven't really been allowed to see what she could do so far in her WWE tenure.
The triple threat tag match was great too, only just slightly edged out by the womens match and then the main event as third best match of the night.
I'm still laughing a bit at WWE turning Tommy End into a PG rated Satanist though.

Seeing Paul Ellering on tv always makes me happy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Revenant Threshold posted:

Also I give a poo poo about Roderick Strong where I gave zero shits about the guy before, but that's probably just me. Guy was over.

Yeah that match did a great job of letting guys get work in. Tye, Roddy, and Ohno lost, but they each got to show off a lot, Roddy especially. Hopefully Ruby didn't gently caress up her back on that apron dropkick, because I wouldn't mind her and Nikki having a feud.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah that match did a great job of letting guys get work in. Tye, Roddy, and Ohno lost, but they each got to show off a lot, Roddy especially. Hopefully Ruby didn't gently caress up her back on that apron dropkick, because I wouldn't mind her and Nikki having a feud.

Yeah I'd love a feud between the two of them just trying to out crazy and out violent each other.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Andrade looked the most like the old Ingobernables Sombre last night and that was pretty great. Also, as goofy rear end edgelord Black is portrayed as, he looked great and was also willing to take a beating while doing it. I'm glad Andrade didn't get steamrolled because he deserves a megapush after that match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Each of the new titles have that thin lattice pattern consistent with 3D printed objects, so I'm wondering if they were printed. If so, that would likely be the first time they've had 3D printed titles.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Black is everything wwe thinks Corbin is. Black looks cooler, is in better shape, is loving awesome in ring, and legit has an intimidating presence. Corbin just looks like your friends lovely older brother who deals weed to middle schoolers.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Black is everything wwe thinks Corbin is. Black looks cooler, is in better shape, is loving awesome in ring, and legit has an intimidating presence. Corbin just looks like your friends lovely older brother who deals weed to middle schoolers.

Corbin is tall though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how was takeover

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

its me glenda posted:

how was takeover

It was really good and the "worst" match of the night (no matter what match you think that was) was really drat good.

The first half of the triple threat tag is close to wrestling perfection.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Almas is apparently main-roster bound according to the latest WOR, which is surprising to me. I like him and all but he doesn't seem like he should be next in line for a call-up

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Jerusalem posted:

It was really good and the "worst" match of the night (no matter what match you think that was) was really drat good.

The first half of the triple threat tag is close to wrestling perfection.

That fuckin' superplex to the outside man, holy poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

Almas is apparently main-roster bound according to the latest WOR, which is surprising to me. I like him and all but he doesn't seem like he should be next in line for a call-up

They dropped the ball so hard that it might be wiser to just get him out of NXT and in front of a wider audience before he gets fed up and leaves. As long as he drops the suspenders he will get over find on Smackdown.

The_Rob posted:

Black is great in the ring but I think presence is absolutely his top quality. Dude just knows how to do every little thing to make you take notice of him as someone to fear. Corbin has really improved but it still feels like he's playing a character that is his idea of cool. Aleister Black doesn't feel like a character.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

St Evan Echoes posted:

This is potentially the best move he needs a look overhaul though as his whole gimmick is what killed him off the bat. Didn't he used to be a masked wrestler? I know vince is all about face emoting but gently caress it slap a mask back on him let him do flippy poo poo and then profit off that sweet mask merch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I feel bad for Almas because he's legit gotten better and better with every PPV, from his match with Roddy Strong to the poo poo he did with Aleister Black. Would be sad if he left but he's still pretty young, could have an awesome future if they put him on a smaller show like Smackdown and legit build him against guys like Ziggler/Miz/Ambrose and then I'd love to see him versus AJ someday.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Almas is better off leaving and going to NJPW and being bff with Naito instead of moving up to the main roster where he can dwell in Latino midcard status for the remainder of his career.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
He's been so much better as a heel but yea, damaged goods on NXT for sure.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Odd that the Drifter wasn't mentioned - seems like Almas stole his spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I also thought it was strange that the Drifter wasn't mentioned. Though there was a dark match before Takeover where Oney Lorcan fought "El Vagabondo". A masked luchador with a guitar. I'm sure those two things are unrelated though.

• Locked thread