Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
In addition to those other things people have said, it's also a pretty good idea for the Forest Medium to get to know one of the Forest's leaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Chapter 39 commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AI2y9Q11Ao

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting, he let slip that the teleportation rune is a Dragonslayer thing, not just something Brinnie shared with Jimmy-jims.

So either Brinnie personally has something to do with the dragonslayers or the dragonslayers are connected to the valkyries.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's some fine banjo plucking at the end there, Tom. I vaguely recall reading that you picked up a banjo recently. Is that your work? If so, keep it up!

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Servile devotion to an rear end in a top hat authority figure, eh? "See? He has his reasons."

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ysengrin is fundamentally an animal. He's a primal force of nature and Coyote has effectively civilized him. Annie alluding to this and exposing the paradox is what triggered his attack on her by basically reverting him to a slavering animal. I'm curious to see what her plan is for it this time.

Ysengrin doesn't have goals. He's a wolf and as he says he just acts when he wants to act. If he is to have free will he will have to come to terms with this evolution and shed part of his primal nature. We've seen him use reason before like when he broke Annie's blinker stone, correctly surmising it is what kept her primal nature in check and it helped her bring herself into balance again. Ysengrin is going to go off his rocker again and Annie will have to be the one to stand her ground this time.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 3, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Annue remember what happened the last time you went down this line of questioning?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Annue remember what happened the last time you went down this line of questioning?

Ysengrin certainly doesn't :haw:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ironically, in that case, Annie was the one who... snapped.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Alternatively, Ysengrin parries with the relationship between her and her father and she ends up snapping

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yah, was going to say. Annie really going to keep poking this "your rather limited listening to your god" to the devote zealot.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hard gay oak wolf

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Uhhh, Ysengrin, buddy, you feeling like yourself there?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This strip made me think about Annie giving in to her inner fire like Ys did with Coyote, let the flames take over and bask into the absolute fiery power. Scary thought.

And that train of thought reminded me Ysengrin mentioned that if she faced a Fire Spirit she'd be in trouble but that never came up again.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Raposa posted:

Uhhh, Ysengrin, buddy, you feeling like yourself there?

What about it is out of character for ysengrin?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

SHISHKABOB posted:

What about it is out of character for ysengrin?

The face he's making at the end looks more like Coyote.

Also I'd bet his life was better than he remembers but Coyote ate those memories.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

The face he's making at the end looks more like Coyote.

Also I'd bet his life was better than he remembers but Coyote ate those memories.

Yeah I didn't remember that.

Also that's coyote behind his face. THey're both just drawn in the same style.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

Obviously they're both coyote.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

SHISHKABOB posted:

I was implying he's making that face due to Coyote's influence, but yeah

Warmachine posted:

Obviously they're both coyote.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
While Coyote is busy being a dead bird, Ysengrin figures that now is the time to act on his plan to become Coyote instead of Coyote.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
But we're all already Coyote.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I wanted to hear the rest of the dead goose story. His poor goose wife.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

I'm really looking forward to the next one, hopefully it's just 7~ minutes of "Jones is old."

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Geocities Homepage King posted:

But we're all already Coyote.

Obviously.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is Annie trying to make Ysengrin an atheist?
I doubt Coyote would like that.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

But atheism doesn't work in a universe where gods are real and tangible. In that case "lack of belief" would be denying the existence of literal deities unless they redefine it as "not worshipping any god in particular."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Annointed posted:

But atheism doesn't work in a universe where gods are real and tangible. In that case "lack of belief" would be denying the existence of literal deities unless they redefine it as "not worshipping any god in particular."

Or "not recognizing divine status to what are merely powerful spirits".

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Annointed posted:

Kill the gods and topple their thrones.

Oh wait, this isn't the K6BD thread.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Same, Ysengrin

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

Kill the gods and topple their thrones.

Oh wait, this isn't the K6BD thread.

It's fine, the K6BD thread is about Erfworld and Strong Female Protagonist these days.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Annointed posted:

It also doesn't make sense to bring up atheism because in the comic ysengrin says he doesn't "worship" coyote. Coyote is like a great king who is revered by the people and the soldiers are all super loyal to him and would die for him. The king has become the soul of the nation, and the will of the nation, and through him everyone else gains purpose or whatever.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Annointed posted:

EP2 of Youjo Senki starts off with the protagonist being caught in a literal act of god and he still refuses to accept him as a divinity. The worlds god is so loving petty that he still refuses to believe in it even after each new miracle he comes up with.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Atheism works in a setting with gods if the characters simply don't believe the divinity of the gods. From an atheist's point of view, Coyote is just like a more powerful and dangerous version of other supernatural poo poo, and they're not gods.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Annointed posted:

Are they really a god if you can give them a spankee? I do not think so.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

SHISHKABOB posted:

Are they really a god if you can give them a spankee? I do not think so.

Are they God? Probably not. Are they god? Eh, they could be.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

She seems pretty chill about this whole enslaved by death thing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The more of this I read the more I think that Ysengrin would be a much better father for Annie than Tony could ever be.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That girl has too many dads.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That girl has too many dads.

Not enough good dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Annointed posted:

Not enough good dads.

Let's see, Amnesiac Rage Monster, Emotionally Damaged Dr. Frankenstein, and Guy Who Creeps on Young Girls. What a selection of delights!