Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Last night I played this dead game for 5 hours and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

cvnvcnv posted:

Destiny is also dead so you should be right at home playing it.

This game has a proud tradition of near dead idiots playing.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

So the season pass expansions are slated for Winter 2017 and Spring 2018. First expansion used osiris emblem so I would wager it will introduce the D2 trials after they have a chance to somewhat balance everything in the crucible, probably add some PVE stuff + Cult of Osiris lore. Spring 2018 used a warmind symbol so probably a raid and will be more PVE focused.

Also more than your face carries forward, it says they will reward veteran accounts with honors that reflect D1 accomplishments. I read that as a limited number of emblems. I would imagine the emblems that come from books will feature prominently but probably just a limited selection of those.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 2, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope you can import from 360 or other consoles to pc. I'm sure the bonus doesn't matter much but it'd be nice.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I could see that going either way. The game has moved to current gen with rise of iron but they say you only have to be level 20 and beat the vanilla campaign to move your face to D2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Our characters are present on Bungie's Destiny site thing for like the 3D viewer so I'd believe it if all we had to do was connect our Bungie account to the game and it'd be like "Oh we see you played Destiny 1 somewhere before".

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Tei posted:

Online makes more sense, imho. Destiny is a pseudoMMO and most of the data will come from the net anyway, and having a dvd just waiting to get scratched seems a bad deal.

"Sorry friends, I can't raid this night, my Destiny blueray is scratched" would be superweak.

This. My kids on more ham one occasion been complete assholes and pressed the glowing button and ejected my game disc.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's a stupid video game just pick a new face please don't become legend

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The real legendary move is searching on YouTube to see which style of dance each race gets right before you make your character so you're not stuck with "drunk aunt at a bar mitzvah" moves like the current human dance

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Take a knee/braced frame/counterbalance Parthian Shot is slaying dudes now that HCRs aren't an issue and HCs have garbage range

It's loving gr8

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Give me my fuckin next gen Sign of the Elders with fancy swooshy animations bungo

Everyone must know I was on the moon for like twenty minutes in summer 2014

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

Take a knee/braced frame/counterbalance Parthian Shot is slaying dudes now that HCRs aren't an issue and HCs have garbage range

It's loving gr8

I want one so bad. Related: I was two bursting dudes with my CB headseeker hand laid lyudmila and it was making me horney

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I want one so bad. Related: I was two bursting dudes with my CB headseeker hand laid lyudmila and it was making me horney

Oh poo poo I have that lyudmila in the vault somewhere, it was my favorite when TTK first launched

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Crota was fun. Only got boots and both heavies and 2 exotic primaries I'll never use but I did fill out my necro and I'm at 98% book so a pretty productive night really.

Other than Crota it went super smooth and that was just taking the time to remember all the details.

Real excited to Vault next week.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb posted:

Crota was fun. Only got boots and both heavies and 2 exotic primaries I'll never use but I did fill out my necro and I'm at 98% book so a pretty productive night really.

Other than Crota it went super smooth and that was just taking the time to remember all the details.

Real excited to Vault next week.

98%

drat son

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

It's a stupid video game just pick a new face please don't become legend

Right?

If the story was more in depth and I wasn't having my ghost do all my talking for me I could argue. In reality, the character aspect of our guardian has always been backseat to the gameplay.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Its pretty.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Alteisen posted:

Its pretty.

O-four-soul Edict

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mikey-San posted:

O-four-soul Edict

yes

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Finally managed to finish the quest to get the Gjallarhorn last night. It bugged out on me the first time, and I had to abandon and re-pickup the quest to get it to work again.

Also, since I had the bonus dlc code for another Gjallarhorn when I bought the game.... I now have two. Someone get me a cheat code to dual wield these :black101:
It was very satifsying to infuse the bonus G'horn from LL 3 to LL 385 in one go.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Viking funeral and weapons of light help the sword do more damage on Crota, good to know.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The round wasn't starting but I wasn't sure if something changed in Age of Trump

http://i.imgur.com/MhStLDT.gifv

It didn't

http://i.imgur.com/PRSKp9g.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

98%

drat son

Eh the number it displays is complete hornswaggle there's like 3 pages I've done nothing on. The way it's set up is kinda dumb and confusing

But yes I play Destiny too much. Yes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Merijn posted:

Finally managed to finish the quest to get the Gjallarhorn last night. It bugged out on me the first time, and I had to abandon and re-pickup the quest to get it to work again.

Also, since I had the bonus dlc code for another Gjallarhorn when I bought the game.... I now have two. Someone get me a cheat code to dual wield these :black101:
It was very satifsying to infuse the bonus G'horn from LL 3 to LL 385 in one go.

I enjoy how the Iron Gjallerhorn is just a straight up Nazi esque design. I've been calling it my "alt right Gjallerhorn."

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Gjallerhorn is gauche to begin with.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Eh the number it displays is complete hornswaggle there's like 3 pages I've done nothing on. The way it's set up is kinda dumb and confusing

But yes I play Destiny too much. Yes.

The % is the % to level 7 and the shirt. You don't have to do the whole book to get the shirt. There's no reward for doing the whole book.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I've been sitting on Rank 7 for 2 days just debating if I'm dumb enough to give Bungie $35 for the privilege of owning something I'd be slightly embarrassed to wear anyway.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

qbert posted:

I've been sitting on Rank 7 for 2 days just debating if I'm dumb enough to give Bungie $35 for the privilege of owning something I'd be slightly embarrassed to wear anyway.

But think of all the "woahhh dude what a throwback!" comments when you bust it out for Bungiecon in 2021 when the last Destiny game comes out and you want to show off how you were there first!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

qbert posted:

I'd get the shirt if it was like $10 but 35 lol

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The % is the % to level 7 and the shirt. You don't have to do the whole book to get the shirt. There's no reward for doing the whole book.

Yeah that's what I said

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I'd get the shirt if it was like $10 but 35 lol

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sorry y'all poor

edit: Just bought my shirt, gently caress you guys, I'm out*

See you all in September, please play with me

*still going to play Destiny until the last possible second because Im terrible.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 2, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pretty sure the shirt is 24.99 US, lol if you have to pay 35 euros or pounds or whatever for it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's 25, plus 5 to have it personalize because like duh of course you gunna do that and 5 for shipping

So it's 35

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FishBulb posted:

It's 25, plus 5 to have it personalize because like duh of course you gunna do that and 5 for shipping

So it's 35

Oh poo poo. That extra ten bucks is a real killer.

Might have to skip two and a half coffees this month for that extravagance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

*still going to play Destiny until the last possible second because Im terrible.

Still won't be as big a sperg as me because I left my oxbox on for two weeks logged into Halo 2 after they shutdown the XBL servers for it. Only reason I turned it off is because the Halo Reach beta came out and I had to get me some of that and you couldn't be logged in on two consoles.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

extravagance

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

DrNutt posted:

Pretty sure the shirt is 24.99 US, lol if you have to pay 35 euros or pounds or whatever for it.

It's $25 plus tax plus shipping so $35. Also I gave Bungie money for the Year 2 Triumphs shirt, but I never wear it and never really wanna wear it.

So yeah this shirt can just gently caress right off.

• Locked thread