Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh, gotcha. The one time I've seen it run the bastard had 2 elana's prayer out and he played all 3 Curates in a row :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah i meant to add a build on that. i'm a cheater and playing triple wincon boltroach though, so even with an aegis i usually can just nuke from orbit.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Reddit is bitching a whole lot about aegis and, therefore, I am sure it is not actually that good.

In any case, turn 11 lethal with Aegis is pretty drat slow, so if other control decks (the only ones who you're going to be playing with at turn 11) get destroyed by it -which is not happening as long as D.Shift still exists- I'm sure they could start running faster cards.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

The Aegis decks I've seen so far basically play like seraph would, except that they're not forced to run amulet countdown reducers and can run more actually good cards.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

My favorite aegis experience so far was putting six damage through one over two turns using a DoD and two piercing runes to win.

Had three sword missions tonight so I played frog. I don't think it's good since it's too easy to remove for a bunch of the decks out there, but it sure is fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have been wondering if dark offering works on it but havent had the chance to try it yet. i run that as a one of

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Frog tip: Fill your deck with neutral followers (plus commanders) so that you can use conscription to fetch your frog. Maybe even use Uriel to fetch your amulets. Then watch your frog get themis'ed on six.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Midrange Blood looks freaking awesome right now. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrlY-FEVLTs

I think I want Belphegor more than any other legendary in the game right now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

BGrifter posted:

Midrange Blood looks freaking awesome right now. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrlY-FEVLTs

I think I want Belphegor more than any other legendary in the game right now.

Yeah Blood is tonnes of fun to play! I immediately used pretty much all my vials to build 2 Belph when expansion dropped and have zero regrets.

E: the forestcraft leader sounds way different (better) in those videos. What's up with that?

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 1, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah Blood is tonnes of fun to play! I immediately used pretty much all my vials to build 2 Belph when expansion dropped and have zero regrets.

E: the forestcraft leader sounds way different (better) in those videos. What's up with that?
He somehow has his game configured to use the old voice - it was changed when the patch that released the new story chapters came out. I prefer the old voice too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 1, 2017

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skW24195AIo

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Don't do this to me.

I want this to be a thing I can play immediately.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Either I'm crazy or take two is terrible now. Too many cards are just broken and if you don't draft/draw them, you're done.

Going first 8/10 games today hasn't helped matters.

EDIT: Two Eachtars in deck. Didn't draw one over 5 games that went to turn 10.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 1, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The OP is now mostly up to date for the expansion :sweatdrop:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Maybe I'm just getting unlucky, but the amount of Ramp Dragon I'm facing right now is insane. It's about 80% of my matchups. Of course people are going to flock to what seems like the new 'busted' deck, but I want to see the other new decks people are playing!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Retcon posted:

Maybe I'm just getting unlucky, but the amount of Ramp Dragon I'm facing right now is insane. It's about 80% of my matchups. Of course people are going to flock to what seems like the new 'busted' deck, but I want to see the other new decks people are playing!
Be careful what you wish for or you might meet... the wandering frog.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

No Wave posted:

Be careful what you wish for or you might meet... the wandering frog.
I already met that fucker in arena. That was a fun and interactive match of me getting hit in the face for 3 damage every turn until he finished me with Albert.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

No Wave posted:

Either I'm crazy or take two is terrible now. Too many cards are just broken and if you don't draft/draw them, you're done.

Going first 8/10 games today hasn't helped matters.

EDIT: Two Eachtars in deck. Didn't draw one over 5 games that went to turn 10.

Twice as much Bahamut. Just went 3-2 with a fun Haven draft, losing to: triple ramp + lightning blast + bahamut and again to 2x Albert+Bahamut.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So, whose hoping for free poo poo because Gawain AND Phoenix Roost have been disabled?

Me, mostly.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i opened a gaiwan so i wouldnt mind if i got something for that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Haha that is amazing. it's only good because the line is so terrible, though.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I can't believe I just baited out a Themis with a Dark Airjammer and followed up with snakes next turn. Their response was to play Aegis and evolve over one snake so I just dropped a Temptress and won.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, now all the bloodos are playing the 1pp amulet that does 1 damage to each leader to do their OTK. Haha.

e: Still way less annoying than shadow and the skeleton army. I somehow managed to lose a match when I dropped a ward every single turn after 1. Aggro is dead!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 2, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Frog is the best deck ever created, it's so ridiculous

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

aaaaaahhhh....... this feels so good. I didn't screenshot fast enough but he had used 3 of his pp and an evolve to play a rabbit necromancer to kill my 5/5 daria. There is actually only one move he could've made here to not immediately lose the next turn and I wonder if anyone would ever make it when faced with this same situation

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that there are so many loving crazy combos around make this expansion better than the last one. So what if dragon is punching your face in? Just you wait one more turn you rear end in a top hat, one more turn. (gets killed by their own ridiculous combo).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

trucutru posted:

The fact that there are so many loving crazy combos around make this expansion better than the last one. So what if dragon is punching your face in? Just you wait one more turn you rear end in a top hat, one more turn. (gets killed by their own ridiculous combo).

Well, at least Earth Rite is still terrible and Nep got no love whatsoever (and is relatively worse because non-Haven/Dragon control decks are a joke now).

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 2, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I pulled three Gingers so I took it as a sign I needed to play a stupid Ginger deck

So that's what I am doing God dammit

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
A Ginger deck is basically a control deck that plops down 3 Bahamuts in one turn and then they all die from Lightning Blast or whatever. It has no synergy with Runecraft whatsoever, so just just focus on big neutral followers.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
My suite is 2 Gingers, 3 Sahaquiel, 2 Bahamut, 2 Zeus around an Earth Rite shell.

I'd like to add 2 Israfil but frankly I have no idea what I'd drop. I was also running 2 Gilgamesh for a while but hardcasting him always feels bad and he usually doesn't survive a Sahaquiel trade if I need to make one, unlike Zeus or Bahamut

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I'm happy Soul Dealers are a thing now. Finally I can put these 3 fellows to work. Now I only need people to find a deck to use these 3 fairy princesses, zirnitras, skullfanes, plutos, beelzebubs and 4 olivias and gingers. Preferably in the same stupid deck so I can hit concede by banging my head against the keyboard

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Check out these ten tricks and secrets shadowverse don't want you to know about!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah, I'm starting to hate this game because losing Take Two matches to Odin into Lightning Storm into some other 10-mana I Win The Game card is pretty idiotic.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The deck's ok

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not a single rune (or sword) in there

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I finally got off my rear end and pushed to AA0 with Control Sword.

Luminous Mage is real good y'all.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I can't complain, sword in general and daria/burn and earth rite rune are pretty strong against this deck

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

:shrug: One day rose queen fairy princess will be a meta deck, I believe in you cygames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I haven't spent much time in this game since the expansion but the idea of aegis kind of bothers me. Does introducing a card that's completely immune to any form of interaction not make control vs. control games feel... bad?

• Locked thread