Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just imagine all the cool new ignore features we'll get once the forums move to xenforo. Maybe they'll bring back hellbans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Wasn't he one of the creepers in the cosplay thread?

I've never read the cosplay thread and never will but I'm going to go ahead and say "yes" because being a weird pervert was a pretty fundamental part of his posting identity.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Jerry Cotton posted:

The second best thing about putting people on ignore is that people get really mad about it.

this is the best thing actually

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this is the best thing actually

No the best thing is never having to read anything about Pittsburgh.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just imagine all the cool new ignore features we'll get once the forums move to xenforo. Maybe they'll bring back hellbans!

If you go into your settings and enable experimental features you get a hellban button for every poster.

It's just an ignore though, afaict.

Maybe try pushing them all and you can go to your own little hell, or maybe that still breaks the forums idk.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Can I get a link or screenshot? Because the only thing I ever saw was this:
https://twitter.com/PsychEyeball/status/818260859868872704
Which is a lovely tweet for sure, but not at all what you just said.

VendaGoat is the actual lovely creep who constantly posts about masturbating to cosplay, which Snatch Duster imitates.

e: and also poo poo like 'how much does a young wife cost nowadays'

There was a later one where he said "you deserved schmorky" but I'm not digging through twitter for it, so I guess I'll just have to come off as untrustworthy.

Here's another thing I do not have a screenshot of: Snatch Duster is a poster so lovely he got chased out of the Sweet Liberal Tears thread, which had a very low standard of posting, for constantly posting alt-right meme videos and some of which turned out to be actual nazi videos (had lyrics like "We could've had it all if we won world war ii" or something)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Hemingway To Go! posted:

There was a later one where he said "you deserved schmorky" but I'm not digging through twitter for it, so I guess I'll just have to come off as untrustworthy.

Then as someone who did dig through Twitter, I'm going to say that it did not happen. :angel:

Hopefully I didn't sound like I was excusing Snatch Duster either. He is at least as bad as VendaGoat.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Snatch Duster's gimmick in the cosplay thread started when nobody agreed with him that any woman who cosplays does it because of mental illness, which is pretty funny on its own

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone using the UN Psych_Eyeball said it on Twitch, which is hilarious, because psychedellic_eyeball's twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/psychedelic_eyeball. So someone pretended to be him on twitch, and Lowtax banned the guy for it, lmao.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Then as someone who did dig through Twitter, I'm going to say that it did not happen. :angel:

Hopefully I didn't sound like I was excusing Snatch Duster either. He is at least as bad as VendaGoat.

Psych deleted the "you deserved it" tweet. It was buried somewhere deep in the original ShmorkGate thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

the lp zone's political stance is to have a little in-crowd and that people outside this incrowd are nazis, and it does not matter if they have to lie about them or completely make poo poo up to keep them labled nazis.

there's stringent rules about "being nice" but they allow psychodelic eyeball, who literally told lowtax that his kids deserve to be molested.

Haha, fess up they called you a Nazi and know you are being pissy about it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

CharlestheHammer posted:

Haha, fess up they called you a Nazi and know you are being pissy about it

no i've never interacted with them directly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

no i've never interacted with them directly

That makes sense

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I mean I guess I kind of coexisted with Voidburger in threads she posted, and used to be subscribed to both Voidburger and Psychadelic Eyeball's channels, and they've both co commentated a bunch of other LP videos I liked, like shesellsheshells horror game riffs and smite's videos. I just feel like their separation is intensely unnecessary, that they were dicks to Lowtax and that Lowtax himself is a pretty stand up guy, and I'm disappointed in them taking this side.

You can put that in as "I'm some kind of alt-right monster" if you like, though, seems I can't stop you from assigning me imagined motivations for which side I've picked on this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I like Voidburger ok but you gotta admit that she tends to milk drama when it comes her way. She rode that circumcision thing for a long rear end time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't know what that is but considering its subject it was probably pretty bad

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't know what that is but considering its subject it was probably pretty bad

https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh it's just her making fun of some idiot.

I was expecting, I don't know something.

It's really ironic in this thread of all places

CharlestheHammer has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Apr 3, 2017

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it is certainly something, actually

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh it's just her making fun of some idiot.

I was expecting, I don't know something.

The way I remembered it, she was a mod on the wiki and had to deal with this poo poo, but as far as I can find now she just found it and decided to post about it a lot :shrug:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it is certainly something, actually

Yeah basically what this thread is for the SH wiki.

I guess whether that delegitimizes it is up to you.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe they'll bring back hellbans!

these were always the most loving hilarious thing ever on paper and i'm sad they're gone

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's important to note that BBG makes funny posts unlike anyone who was banned in that thread has ever done

It's also important to note BBG threw tantrums when he was stopped using human being, retard and friend of the family across the forums. Chest beating about clearing poo poo posters but letting someone get away with that bollocks is pretty crappy.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The way I remembered it, she was a mod on the wiki and had to deal with this poo poo, but as far as I can find now she just found it and decided to post about it a lot :shrug:

I thought the whole thing was hilarious, and was happy it was brought to SA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm holding out for the return of the sarcasm tags.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Heath posted:

She rode that circumcision thing for a long rear end time.

Really liking this quote out of context

Altho I do want to know what the circumcision thing is now lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Really liking this quote out of context

Altho I do want to know what the circumcision thing is now lol

It was linked earlier, apparently a guy was really anti-circumcision and used the Silent Hill Wiki as his platform. Voidburger made fun of the dude with others on Twitter.

That's it

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was linked earlier, apparently a guy was really anti-circumcision and used the Silent Hill Wiki as his platform. Voidburger made fun of the dude with others on Twitter.

That's it

The guy was also like the head mod of that Wiki as well. They also documented his shrieking melt-down over it. Didn't laugh at something like that since Brian Bokyo.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Ahh got it I thought this was a new and exciting adventure into the world of circumcision obsession, my bad

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Rhyno posted:

I'm holding out for the return of the sarcasm tags.

[sarcasm]That's a great idea![/sarcasm]

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
The Silent Hill Wiki Circumcision Meltdown of 2015 is one of the great internet sagas and I'm sad so many pages of photos have been lost to locked twitter so here's the archive version (only the first page, there was at least 5)

https://archive.is/X0gkm

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Eyeball deleted a bunch of tweets between him and Lowtax after he got banned then reposted some with different wording, it was weird and you could tell he was seriously pissed that his actions had consequences. Lowtax still has a few replies that point to nothing of him just pointing out the crazy iirc.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Heath posted:

I like Voidburger ok but you gotta admit that she tends to milk drama when it comes her way. She rode that circumcision thing for a long rear end time.

There was a time when GBS posters would start small, non-serious threads in LP about weird games, and Voidburger really lost her poo poo about it because those posters ruined the sanctity of LPs by not taking them seriously enough and encouraging "low effort posting" in their own threads. That was pretty fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You should really just ban them for being GBS posters in general, you don't need the excuse

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i read the storify link and there's no evidence voidburger was actively milking the silent hill circumcision drama so idk where that came from

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i read the storify link and there's no evidence voidburger was actively milking the silent hill circumcision drama so idk where that came from

She's a woman with an opinion.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, strange how people go about deliberately misrepresenting what happened with V.B., especially in ways that always make her look worse than what actually happened. Strange.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo, do people take playing video games while being recorded way too seriously. :psyduck:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, do people take playing video games while being recorded way too seriously. :psyduck:

People get really really attached to Let's Players for some reason and impugning their character in any way is like, insulting my best friend, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

you can't do that for at least a few weeks after the procedure