Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Empress Brosephine posted:

The switch reminds me of the original Xbox. A cool system that will some great games.

:420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Empress Brosephine posted:

The switch reminds me of the original Xbox. A cool system that will some great games.

Pick your joke:

A. Nintendo will name its system two consoles from now the Switch 1, causing huge confusion as to how to address the current Switch.

B. No one will ever emulate it.

C. All the best games on the system will be made by SEGA.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Patter Song posted:

Pick your joke:

A. Nintendo will name its system two consoles from now the Switch 1, causing huge confusion as to how to address the current Switch.

B. No one will ever emulate it.

C. All the best games on the system will be made by SEGA.

They call it the Switch 360 because you turn 360 degrees while playing it the whole time.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LethalGeek posted:

I'm glad someone understood my point, shocker it wasn't Stux

The bluetooth protocol is made to handle lots of connections, if there's something stopping Nintendo from doing it it's something else. The switch's particular wifi/bt chip is specced to handle multiple simultaneous a2dp streams

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dyed the * Of the Wild set purple and am running around with the spring loaded hammer.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Nephzinho posted:

Dyed the * Of the Wild set purple and am running around with the spring loaded hammer.

This is a real hero right here.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I'm glad someone understood my point, shocker it wasn't Stux

You don't have a point, lol. You just made up some poo poo and got owned by Stux looking up a wikipedia article

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
actually bluetooth is magic and no one really knows how it works or what it can or cannot do

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The bluetooth protocol is made to handle lots of connections, if there's something stopping Nintendo from doing it it's something else. The switch's particular wifi/bt chip is specced to handle multiple simultaneous a2dp streams

Sure but my point is bluetooth has pretty tiny bandwidth and my experience trying to stream data and drive in inputs at the same time fell flat on it's face in practice. Probably because like any broadcast medium collisions happen which causes faction of a second pauses while it's resolved. Something you can't have while trying to, according to some random blurb I saw, send 1ms updates from the joycons to the machine.

Thinking on this a tad harder I wonder if this is why the Wiimote's audio quality was so crap. Not because they couldn't put in a better speaker but because doing any more would have screwed up input latency.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Walked into a Wal-Mart that was next to a hardware store I needed to hit up (gently caress putting lamenate down, I hate it) and there were 10 Switches sitting on the shelf. Seems like stores are starting to get refreshes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know my phone audio starts loving up just having it hooked up to my car and watch at the same time but to be fair it's a lovely phone.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nephzinho posted:

This is some bullshit, because the game won't let me dye the * of the Wind set purple or at all, and I'm quite displeased.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

LethalGeek posted:

Sure but my point is bluetooth has pretty tiny bandwidth and my experience trying to stream data and drive in inputs at the same time fell flat on it's face in practice. Probably because like any broadcast medium collisions happen which causes faction of a second pauses while it's resolved. Something you can't have while trying to, according to some random blurb I saw, send 1ms updates from the joycons to the machine.

Thinking on this a tad harder I wonder if this is why the Wiimote's audio quality was so crap. Not because they couldn't put in a better speaker but because doing any more would have screwed up input latency.

you seem to be confused about a lot of the things you are trying to talk about here

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everytime I see your avatar I think it's Mipha until I look real close.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just pre ordered the two upcoming games with Mario in the title. I love my 3 game Switch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

LethalGeek posted:

None of this is correct. Please stop posting about things you don't know about.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hey if someone wants to tell me what's happening at the hardware level with these things and why they seem to struggle talking at the same time when it's more than "buttondown" type updates I'll be happy to learn something.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
them, idiots who dont know anything: the ps4 uses bluetooth for multiple pads + headset audio as well as other devices like mice and keyboards with no problems

me, wise yet humble: bluetooth cant cope with two devices at once

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

LethalGeek posted:

Hey if someone wants to tell me what's happening at the hardware level with these things and why they seem to struggle talking at the same time when it's more than "buttondown" type updates I'll be happy to learn something.

I'ma give you the key to your question, you have a lovely phone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stux posted:

them, idiots who dont know anything: the ps4 uses bluetooth for multiple pads + headset audio as well as other devices like mice and keyboards with no problems

me, wise yet humble: bluetooth cant cope with two devices at once

The PS4 is comparatively huge with a lot more room to space out its components and keep them from self interference. And for processing the audio to a headset it also has much more ram and CPU devoted to the OS.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

LethalGeek posted:

bluetooth tethering is poo poo and a joke option included on phones to trick people

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
seems like nintendo jumped the gun on their manufacturing increase if the second wave of consoles is already sitting on shelves unsold

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

parallelodad posted:

The PS4 is comparatively huge with a lot more room to space out its components and keep them from self interference. And for processing the audio to a headset it also has much more ram and CPU devoted to the OS.

replace what i said with any bluetooth enabled device including phones smaller than the switch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the switch is good

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

HyperPuma posted:

seems like nintendo jumped the gun on their manufacturing increase if the second wave of consoles is already sitting on shelves unsold

I can't seem to find one anywhere so?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im sure the 10s of consoles max that stores have will sell just fine

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'ma give you the key to your question, you have a lovely phone.

This is entirely possible :v:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

White Chocolate posted:

I can't seem to find one anywhere so?

try going to a store and looking

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
this is a PSA: please use USB tethering or wifi broadcast to share your phone connection to another device

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Who all is playing Snake Pass right now? Is it any good and should I pick it up?

I'm playing it right now and it's actually pretty good. It's tough to wrap your mind around at first, because controlling a snake is very different to how you normally control anything, but once it clicks it feels really satisfying.

It's quite pretty and is nice and relaxing, too. It is short, but I feel like if it went on much longer (I'm at like 60% or so) it might get a little long in the tooth. I would recommend it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

HyperPuma posted:

Jesus Christ

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nintendo is always doomed don't you know this?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pack it in guys, finally confirmation that the switch has failed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the switch is actually insanely good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Throwing my switch in the trash since Nintendo won't sell 10 consoles in a random Walmart :suicide:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

eonwe posted:

tbh its easily my favorite console ever, so agreed, it is insanely good and cool

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

tbh its easily my favorite console ever, so agreed, it is insanely good and cool
It is.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:yeah:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The switch is actually very bad. When my nephew asked if he could play the games on my Switch, I smashed it to bits right in front of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

eonwe posted:

And by the time I get one in the summer, it will be even better

• Locked thread