Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

New Vegas does the same thing just with factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I'm reminded of that old CYOA someone did, Red Yellow Blue I think? It had cool artwork and the choices were always colored in red, yellow and blue.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
In Front Mission 3, deciding whether or not to go hang out with your best friend after finishing the first mission in the game completely changes the entire mission structure and story.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i need to play that someday too.

tap my mountain posted:

New Vegas does the same thing just with factions

pretty much. but i like depending on what side quests you do/how you do them and followers and stuff, effects the ending. like you can have a wasterland that a chaotic shithole or one of relative peace.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ImpAtom posted:

He's said this exact same thing every single time

He's never said "it would be a mistake to talk about it" and he's never said "I'm doing programming again" so no, he has not.

What he always says the same every time was "that last game was meh, sorry about that, but guys, the next game! the next game is gonna be amazing!" and then repeat forever.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Do we have a thread for Retro gaming anywhere?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What do people think of the telltale system

"i think video games are bad"
Help Im Alive will remember that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's a cheap way to make decisions feel meaningful without any actual pesky coding but it also works on me

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BigRed0427 posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785100

Help Im Alive posted:

What do people think of the telltale system

"i think video games are bad"
Help Im Alive will remember that

Everyone talked about how great Tales from the Borderlands was but I tried to play it and I couldn't make it through Episode 1 before I got too bored and gave up

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still can't believe Telltale hasn't updated their engine yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't believe anyone still cares about Peter Molyneux

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BigRed0427 posted:

Its gotta be one of the oldest and most active threads in the entire games sub :)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grapplejack posted:

I still can't believe Telltale hasn't updated their engine yet.

One time while I was playing the Walking Dead a character's eyes didn't load. he just had empty sockets.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That was a zombie

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

One time while I was playing the Walking Dead a character's eyes didn't load. he just had empty sockets.

This happened to me in Fallout 4 while a character was talking about how human they were.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

22Cans even released a whole mobile game and I've heard of it but never heard that it was Molyneux's nor seen any press about it. His past games was full press coverage for months/years beforehand.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What games do the "your actions determine the outcome" thing well?

The Witcher 3.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Deciding when to press jump in Mario is implemented really well imo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

precision posted:

Deciding when to press jump in Mario is implemented really well imo

You really get to feel the immediate consequences of your actions

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This reminds me: why is it called 8-Bit Bayonetta when it doesn't use 8-bit style graphics

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Someone in the last thread mentioned the Minerva's Den DLC for BioShock 2, and having not gotten to it in my replay from earlier this year I went back and checked it out again today since I couldn't remember anything about it.

The twist at the end is very good, but the actual gameplay just feels like more BioShock 2 without doing much new, and the levels are like the least distinctive between the entirety of the first two games (Though I think BioShock 2 in general has a problem with the levels outside of Ryan Amusements not being very memorable). The praise for Minerva's Den being the highpoint of the franchise seems a little hyperbolic IMO.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

The Witcher 3.

This fits the bill best. Obsidian is really good at making your decisions effect the post game. But W3 directly effects the ending with your minor choices throughout the game in a rather organic fashion. Be a good dad.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttm844Y48T0

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dishonored does ok-ish at it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

What is this from? :ohdear:

Because its basically the same idea as the game I'm fiddling around on

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, I was reading this article getting my pitchforks out because I love to hate on Molyneux for his complete bullshit, but... I dunno, it sounds like he actually loving learned something:

I think one of the biggest mistakes he made with Fable and Godus was he was just the ideas guy, so divorced from the programming that he just promised the world and his poor engineers had to try to make his dreams a reality. The guy getting back into programming is like the best thing that could happen to him, it'll force him to realize what is and isn't feasible before he starts making promises and coming up with lofty ideals.

And he actually doesn't want to talk about his new game yet? Like, holy poo poo, he FINALLY learned!

E: Oh wait though

Yeah that's horseshit Peter. That's horseshit. It was a publicity stunt, you already pulled it, and then you didn't follow through. "oh but we didn't actually profit" oh shut up.

About that Godus thing: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-11-the-god-who-peter-molyneux-forgot

I don't have a hate boner for Molyneux like others might but it's hard to get excited about anything he might come up with after stuff like this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

About that Godus thing: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-11-the-god-who-peter-molyneux-forgot

I don't have a hate boner for Molyneux like others might but it's hard to get excited about anything he might come up with after stuff like this.

He should really just cut that kid a check for like one grand out of his own pocket. Not like all his money, but he owes that kid (Now adult) a decent chunk of change after all those promises. That's like the least he could do. "Sorry kid, Godus bombed, here's some cash at least."

Its like that one episode of The Office where Michael Scott promises to pay for some kids' tuition, and then can't afford it years later.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Zaphod42 posted:

What is this from? :ohdear:

Because its basically the same idea as the game I'm fiddling around on

Oh someone made it as a joke years ago. Your game concept of doing drugs and making the game weird is probably safe. Except I think Mario actually did it in Yoshi's Story.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah, Yoshi's Island. "Touch Fuzzy Get Woozy" or whatever the level was called.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

touch fuzzy get dizzy

unless you were playing it in german, where the level's name was straight up an acronym for LSD

simply simon i'm sure you can back me up on this

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is polygon reporting on Shrek anyway?
With over 25 games and edutainment titles under its belt, Shrek has more tie-in games than any other animated movie this century

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the level was called Trudge Gently, Cat Scuzzy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

the level was called Trudge Gently, Cat Scuzzy

Touch Fuzzy, Get Izzy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woawRq8N-JE&t=25s

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

:yeah:

Iji is so much fun, you can play it so many times and it still feels fresh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
a kid at the school i work for keeps carving DEDSEC into things

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

a kid at the school i work for keeps carving DEDSEC into things

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KmxWkMs3g

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Oh someone made it as a joke years ago. Your game concept of doing drugs and making the game weird is probably safe. Except I think Mario actually did it in Yoshi's Story.

Yeah the yoshi's island level "touch fuzzy get dizzy" is the inspiration for what I'm doing.

Jay Rust posted:

No, that image is not from yoshi's island. I was wondering if somebody else had made a game like that with mario assets, but it seems like it was just a joke or a quick demo.

Not that I'm trying to sell this or anything, its just a solo thing for fun. But I'd feel dumb if someone else was working on exactly that idea right now.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What if you could patent... getting high itself... *bong rip*

...dude.

• Locked thread