Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Staying incredibly mobile, running around to support your line, throwing down supplemental healing where it's needed, watching flanks, and putting a boatload of fire down range?

Nah, walking at a glacial pace and clicking on people's heads slowly is more fun dawg.

Tracking <<<<< flicking forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Tracking <<<<< flicking forever.

There more to each hero than the mechanics of their gun.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i mean let's not kid ourselves here they're both the bottom of the barrel in a game where real mobility options exist

but half the poo poo you listed is stuff both of them do, so...

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I wasn't aware that McCree can run and is mobile, can heal his team, and has an automatic weapon.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
McCree is fine, but saying he does the same poo poo as 76 is incorrect. Whether he is more fun or not is a matter of opinion (bad opinion).

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Soldier lacks the satisfaction that comes from doming some idiot 20m away twice and dropping him instantly. McCree is a cool character for good and attractive video game players. He just needs a better ult because high noon sucks diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Thor-Stryker posted:

Careful, you'll anger the people who think Sniper Elite should be in every FPS game ever.

Tbf, i should be able to double nutshot nazis more often

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bolow posted:

Soldier lacks the satisfaction that comes from doming some idiot 20m away twice and dropping him instantly. McCree is a cool character for good and attractive video game players. He just needs a better ult because high noon sucks diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

I personally find more satisfaction in giving the line the momentum it needs to push those last few feet for the win.

It's quarterback vs lineman. Both are insanely important to the game.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Bolow posted:

I see you've never perfectly headshot+helixed some poor sap in air or coming around a corner and dropped them like a bad habit.

Lets not forget that Helix rock is solid chunk of burst damage and promotes S76 mobility as well.

Aimbot is obvious much more practical than Highnoon, but the more I use it and play S76, the more the fact I can't headshot with it or line up Helix rockets properly frustrates me.
But at least I can sprint around to adjust the shooting angle unlike McCree dumbass swagstrut.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
76 isn't a flashy leetprohax0rskilz boomheadshot 360noscope hero like McCree or Widow. He is almost literally an old workhorse that keeps pushing the team along. A good McCree is really scary because he will kill you a bunch, but a good 76 will make his team win.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I wasn't aware that McCree can run and is mobile, can heal his team, and has an automatic weapon.

the other half

76 isn't a flashy leetprohax0rskilz boomheadshot 360noscope hero like McCree or Widow. He is almost literally an old workhorse that keeps pushing the team along. A good McCree is really scary because he will kill you a bunch, but a good 76 will make his team win.

they're both workhorse heroes, who serve very similar functions, which is why one or the other of them have been staples in virtually every non-dive meta in the game (but never/rarely both, because they're both mainly for sitting behind a shield vomiting damage)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 3, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the other half

they're both workhorse heroes, who serve very similar functions, which is why one or the other of them have been staples in virtually every non-dive meta in the game (but never/rarely both, because they're both mainly for sitting behind a shield vomiting damage)

Staying incredibly mobile, running around to support your line, throwing down supplemental healing where it's needed, watching flanks, and putting a boatload of fire down range?

Ah, that half.

And now we're just jerking off about our own opinions. I like 76 more, you don't. That's ok my dude.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A good McCree will also kill any flanker that tries to come and take out the mid- and backlines. Which makes him immediately relevant against any dive comps. Pharah, Tracer and Genji are all basically zoned out by him unless they outskill him by quite a bit, which then shuts down a push because the killing power of those heroes has now been greatly reduced. Where he fails is when the enemy team is deathballed up behind a rein shield and his flashbang is off cooldown. That being said, there's nothing better than flashing a rein shield to open up a huge shatter for your team and just end a push or cap a point.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, that half.

And now we're just jerking off about our own opinions. I like 76 more, you don't. That's ok my dude.

boatload of fire, watching the flanks, and running around supporting your line

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

berenzen posted:

A good McCree will also kill any flanker that tries to come and take out the mid- and backlines. Which makes him immediately relevant against any dive comps. Pharah, Tracer and Genji are all basically zoned out by him unless they outskill him by quite a bit, which then shuts down a push because the killing power of those heroes has now been greatly reduced. Where he fails is when the enemy team is deathballed up behind a rein shield and his flashbang is off cooldown. That being said, there's nothing better than flashing a rein shield to open up a huge shatter for your team and just end a push or cap a point.

Nothing wrong with McCree. He's perfectly good, and my point is that 76 is also for different reasons. Opinions and all that.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

boatload of fire, watching the flanks, and running around supporting your line

Machine gun and rockets vs six shooter.

Running around.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Machine gun and rockets vs six shooter.

Running around.

you're splitting hairs

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

you're splitting hairs

So are you?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

No, not really. They serve very similar functions on a team.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

No, not really. They serve very similar functions on a team.

Then why is this conversation still going on?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Then why is this conversation still going on?

I mean, that's been my argument for the past page, dude. I'm glad you've come around.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

There more to each hero than the mechanics of their gun.

I prefer everything else about 76 pretty much but I'm just soooo much more used to guns like McCree's that it's hard to adjust :(

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean, that's been my argument for the past page, dude. I'm glad you've come around.

I mean, you're the one that started this by saying that McCree is flatly more fun and interesting than 76. One would assume that me saying that both are good, and we are allowed to like things that other people don't would have been a neat end to the discussion.

But nah, pick apart my posts a little more before you climb back on that high horse there, cowboy.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
76 and McCree are both fun but I feel like 76 is much more forgiving if you're playing poorly. He can still break shields and toss in chip damage and healing, whereas you are really punished for missing shots as McCree.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

76 and McCree are both fun but I feel like 76 is much more forgiving if you're playing poorly. He can still break shields and toss in chip damage and healing, whereas you are really punished for missing shots as McCree.

I agree. I think 76 has a much lower skill ceiling, but a much more accessible and forgiving kit. In practice, I run into way more useful 76s than I do McCrees.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Well I know she's got big time weaknesses, but Orisa FEELS like an absolute blast to play. I always get gold damage somehow. -_-

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

AlternateAccount posted:

Well I know she's got big time weaknesses, but Orisa FEELS like an absolute blast to play. I always get gold damage somehow. -_-

Hitting barriers counts towards your damage total. So gold damage is super easy to get with characters that are able to shoot constantly for a long period of time.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

High volume of chip damage. Its why I always get top damage as Pharah too: a lot of it comes from splash onto groups that doesn't necessarily translate to kills or zoning, plus both Pharah and Orisa can put a lot of damage onto barriers without too much risk. Two direct hits onto one 200hp target does a lot more for the team than getting more total damage from splash that doesn't eliminate anyone. I mean, its can still be useful, but it means that high damage doesn't necessarily translate to high impact.

Orisa's pretty fun to play though, I'll give you that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Guys guys please stop fighting. McCree and Solider 76 both suck compared to Junkrat, the best character in the game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Guys guys please stop fighting. McCree and Solider 76 both suck compared to Junkrat, the best character in the game.

Junkrat? More like JUNK-rat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Junkrat? More like JUNK-rat.

You misspelled "HUNK"

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Macaluso posted:

Finally, someone speaking some sense up in here. :brrring:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Macaluso posted:

You misspelled "HUNK"

My bad.

Hunkrat? More JUNK-rat.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Junkrat? More like Bad Rats.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Junkrat, Pharah, Roadhog, Zen and Winston are the only enjoyable characters in the game and the rest need to leave my house.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Whitenoise Poster posted:

76 and D.VA are the only enjoyable characters in the game and the rest need to leave my house.

Fake edit: :thejoke:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

One time I played 76 and shot a full clip at another 76, reloaded and shot some more and he turned around and killed me and another guy in one clip and that's when I decided I just have some mental illness that prevents me from being able to aim hitscan weapons.

More like MISSscan.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Junkrat, Pharah, Roadhog, Zen and Winston are the only enjoyable characters in the game and the rest need to leave my house.

You forgot mei, but otherwise a good list

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

One time I played 76 and shot a full clip at another 76, reloaded and shot some more and he turned around and killed me and another guy in one clip and that's when I decided I just have some mental illness that prevents me from being able to aim hitscan weapons.

More like MISSscan.

Hitscan't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I really want to like Mei, because everytime I face one on the other team she's this unkillable monster who existence is to make your life hell by freezing you in half a second and putting an icicle in your brain and blocking everything you try to do.

But then I try to play her and just suck and die and can't even freeze an afk roadhog.

After a nice game or two trying to mcree/76/widow and seeing a solid 15% accuracy I console myself by landing mid air rockets and bombs and convince myself 300 hours in demoman and another 200 or so in Tribes 2 wasn't wasted.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 3, 2017