Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

thats the watch Hershel gave Glenn

Orange Red Bull posted:

DIDNT KNOW

was written on the figurine

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Negan's long windedness is the cause of most bad things that happen to him. He really needs to get to the point.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope when next season there are at least seven episodes devoted to a character struggling with wanting to be a pacifist.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'm west coast and used to avoid this thread after 6:00 my time so I wouldn't accidentally read spoilers.

Now I just read the thread instead of watching it. Unless someone says "Maggie got ripped apart by zombies" I skip it. I used to watch it every Sunday with my teenaged daughter but even she has grown tired of it, and she had Norman Reedus draw a heart on her wrist at a convention and didn't wash her hand for a month.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I'm west coast and used to avoid this thread after 6:00 my time so I wouldn't accidentally read spoilers.

Now I just read the thread instead of watching it. Unless someone says "Maggie got ripped apart by zombies" I skip it. I used to watch it every Sunday with my teenaged daughter but even she has grown tired of it, and she had Norman Reedus draw a heart on her wrist at a convention and didn't wash her hand for a month.

well they had a fight but as per usual nothing was resolved

sasha killed herself to spring a zombie surprise on negan thats about it

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Astroman posted:

So does that mean Dwight is still Anti-Negan?

He took pretzels and beer to his old house where his wife was, also Negan hot-ironed his face (after loving his wife and indirectly causing his sister to die).

Negan's weakness is that he thinks fear buys truly abject loyalty. He's also gotten overly cocky since nabbing Alexandria. Worse, he's let his Redneck Uber Crew of toadies get overly cocky.

At this point, I'm just wondering who is going to take him out personally. Rick? Zeke? Carol? Dwight? Daryl? Shiva? Carl, Maggie, Enid? Maybe Sherry will have lived and will reappear just to do the honors. Or maybe we'll get a new Stone Cold in the making and Henry will?

Personally, I vote for Jerry.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Wow that was utter garbage. Walking Dead pretending they are high drama or something. Easily the worst season finale of any season yet.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ehud posted:

I hope when next season there are at least seven episodes devoted to a character struggling with wanting to be a pacifist.

You're in luck.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

There was a monologue that went on long enough for the murder of a main character to be thwarted at the closest instant possible. There were no casualties except maybe extras during a smoky battle scene, in which all the main characters started out with guns pointed at them and kneeling on the ground, and somehow all of them simultaneously got the upper hand when only one or two of them were distracted by the tiger. The only main character death was preceded by 20 minutes of flashbacks featuring at least one character who previously died, talking about life philosophy and what it means to have something to live for.

Well, that checks off all the checkboxes.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Yeah, the ending was rather lackluster.

Also, I really don't need Negan in Season 8. Having the Governor be a multi-season villain was bad enough.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Woof. At least they finally got to the fireworks factory, I guess.

And I'm not really surprised, but I was hoping maybe a quick Bob or Tyreese cameo in the 'Sasha remembers' segments. But then again when Tyreese got chomped by the world's weakest, sneakiest zombie, he hallucinated Beth of all people rather than his dead girlfriend.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
"Shiva, attack!"

*Shiva swallows Carl*

"Dammit Shiva!"

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
The first 40 minutes was a series of scenes with either sad or angry people standing or sitting while talking about being angry or sad. You can't just have two emotional states in your show. In a visual medium having people mostly stand around talking in dreary locations is lovely and boring.

That is all.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Even Hardwick is having a hard time hyping this turd

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I thought the finale was okay, at the very least it was way better than last year's shitpile. I also thought they were going to off Carl for real because everyone was talking about how the actor wanted to go to college.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I can't even hatewatch this poo poo anymore.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only shocking thing about this episode was that I don't know what type of rail was on Daryls rifle. I MUST KNOW.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Y'all.

Y'all y'all y'all.

Maggie actually said: "Phalanx Out."

I've been holding out for a true jump-the-shark-moment and I think that was it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

what do i watch until game of thrones?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I'm at least glad that Simon didn't die.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
1. The same guy got killed twice by Shiva, or so it looked. (I know they were supposed to be two different guys.)

2. Michonne should have recovered a little faster in time to shoot the middle finger off with the sniper rifle.

3. Not much happened to any major characters.

Really wondering if the producers are going to become aware how stupid everything is at some point and at least try to turn it around.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Trashkru is hosed. Do they kiss and make up next season or does Rick kill them all? Third option is they walk away forever.

Also, lol it felt like 40 minutes was wasted on Sasha. That poo poo coulda been handled in 4 scenes, then give us a 40 minute gun fight. Instead, nope gotta say good bye to the dead person for half an hour.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I didn't know so many people livestreamed their episode reactions.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Orange Red Bull posted:

Fargo starts soon. Presumably no walkers though, white or otherwise.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, Archer, Fargo, Veep, and Better Call Saul all start back this month.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

bobjr posted:

I didn't know so many people livestreamed their episode reactions.

I didn't know anyone was stupid enough to be shocked when the cavalry arrived at the last second.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When they re-release this show as Walking Dead Kai, how many episodes do you think they could edit this half season down to? I'm thinking four, I think they could literally cut the run time of these past 8 episodes in half and not lose anything.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I didn't know anyone was stupid enough to be shocked when the cavalry arrived at the last second.

At this point Carol is the physical embodiment of Plot Armor for the main crew. What's this, the third of fourth time she's saved everyone at the last second?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

So far, they could cut out the two Oceanside episodes altogether. There was much ado about scavenging for guns, they found and lost some guns, and the betrayal scene would have worked just as well as if it were written so that they were able to get enough guns for the trash people without robbing Oceanside.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

When they re-release this show as Walking Dead Kai, how many episodes do you think they could edit this half season down to? I'm thinking four, I think they could literally cut the run time of these past 8 episodes in half and not lose anything.

Not counting the first season, you can probably get like 2-4 hours out of each season and still convey the same story. I would like to think you can just recut the show, take out all of the dumb scenes, and just tell a better story, but then some characters would just sorta stop existing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

gimple says he got 100 more trash episodes in him

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...e-a7636721.html

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bring back darabont

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There will be a long arc next season where the tiger has to deal with her loyalty to Ezekiel vs her newfound taste for human blood.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I choose to believe the "12" and "10" Negan and Jadis were fighting over were the number of episodes cut from next season. Goddamn the pacing.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I liked that the Kingdom's seven member guerilla war crew had one guy carrying a banner.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

What if the Saviors also had a LARP group with a tiger?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Grinning Goblin posted:

I would like to think you can just recut the show, take out all of the dumb scenes, and just tell a better story, but then some characters would just sorta stop existing

then we wouldnt have that awesome beth season with the cops in atlanta :unsmith:

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Rick was about to let Carl get his head smashed in before the cavalry showed up without even attempting a throat bite, how is that acceptable

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Right when tiger-ex-machina happened and the Kingdom/Hilltop crews both sprang into action, my boyfriend who had been quiet the entire fight scene finally said 'This. Is. loving. Terrible.'

Personally, I thought it was hilarious that both groups seemed like they were already there but just quietly waiting to make the most dramatic 'cavalry has arrived!' moment ever (was a Kingdom guy carrying a loving banner?!)

Then again, I laughed when Rick was being led toward Negan and Carl, and the first dead no-name Alexandrian he saw was literally in a red shirt. Just once I want a throwaway line 'Did this guy even live here?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Trash show has trash finale with trash people, hmm

Goddamn that episode was awful.

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 3, 2017