Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

So how was WrestleMania guys--

oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Vince KNEW that the crowd would be nuclear against Roman and it would poison the entire rest of the show. That's why it went last. The crowd is going to be brutal on RAW. I honestly think we're gonna see people throw poo poo.

it went last because the crowd's not coming back from the undertaker's retirement you dope

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Hardys probably saved this show.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Overall I give Mania a thumbs up. Last third was bad but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I love Roman Reigns, now.

The show was actually pretty good, though not great, overall - better than last year, way above my expectations - but the main event was more sad than anything.

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 3, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was well on its way to being a really loving great Wrestlemania, and then the last third of it happened. :/

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Roman Reigns, Holocaust Denier was a pretty interesting twist

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Powerhouse Roman Reigns who tries to do a tombstone reversal and fails twice

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly though I wonder how anyone sees this as helping Roman out

Aye Doc posted:

it went last because the crowd's not coming back from the undertaker's retirement you dope

nice meltdown

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Having said all that, this match was still not worse than last year's main event.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The show was better than my expectations because I didn't have any expectations. It was wrestling and that's good enough for me. See you at the Raw thread for another day of wrestling.

Then I'll see you for the Smackdown thread, where I will continue supporting wrestling because that's what I do.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the best part of wrestlemania was when michael cole said "I think I saw moogle... and chocobo!" and there was 10 seconds of silence immediately after

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Matches shorter than Undertaker's entrance (5:25)

Lesnar/Goldberg (4:45)

Matches shorter than Taker's exit (10:37, counted from when the camera focused on Taker's prone body)

Lesnar/Goldberg (4:45)
Smackdown Women's Six-Pack (5:35)
Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse (9:40)
Orton/Wyatt (10:30)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The show was better than my expectations because I didn't have any expectations. It was wrestling and that's good enough for me. See you at the Raw thread for another day of wrestling.

Then I'll see you for the Smackdown thread, where I will continue supporting wrestling because that's what I do.
Ahhh much like how I treated every test in middle school by assuming I failed and being pleasantly surprised that I got a C+.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
"I'm Sorry, I Love You..... Also the holocaust never happened."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

In the interests of positivity I just want to say I thought Goldberg/Lesnar was perfectly booked, and Goldberg's booking for this entire run in WWE has been pretty loving fantastic too. I loved the poo poo out of their Mania match.

yeah that was actually very enjoyable and well done imo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I saw the clip of Triple H's entrance on reddit and that's all I wanted from this show. You just know he was thinking "I'm so loving cool" as he rode down the ramp. And he was right.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I also thought the Wyatt stuff putting worms and roaches in the ring was dumb as poo poo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chromatic posted:

"I'm Sorry, I Love You..... Also the holocaust never happened."

"I'm sorry you love Jews"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oldpainless posted:

I also thought the Wyatt stuff putting worms and roaches in the ring was dumb as poo poo

I bet people in the front row had no idea what was going on

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

You can divide that Wrestlemania almost cleanly in half, and the first half was actually really good, and then the moment the mixed tag starts the show goes off a cliff with Lesnar/Goldberg as the only thing that bumps up, and even then it wasn't really particularly good, just not awful.

That is up there with the Yokozuna/Bret/Hogan main as the worst main event in Wrestlemania history. Jesus christ, what a trainwreck.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I don't understand the holocaust denial thing. someone fill me in.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite part of this mania is I'll never re watch anything that happened.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It'll be fun to listen to Taker on podcasts and stories about wrestler's court and his fear of pickles

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oldpainless posted:

I thought it was great... then Orton just hit an RKO and won anyway.... :cripes:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Roman Reigns has opinions as bad as his matches.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

http://m.imgur.com/a/EB8US

Someone made all the Wrestlemania posters into KOMania posters

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Well, some people, like Roman, claim the Holocaust didn't happen or was greatly exaggerated. Its a race thing. That's what "the holocaust denier thing" is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i cant wait to hear dave explain how roman/taker earned 4 stars thanks to roman's carrying ability

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Thank you for all you've done. I can never repay you for the blood sweat and tears you've given over the years. The WWE would
Not be what it is id it wasn't for you. You will go down as the greatest in history. I love you.

-Vince McMahon to Roman Reigns as Undertalker walks by

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am hearing the Undertaker may have retired at a Wrestling show in Florida tonight.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

In the interests of positivity I just want to say I thought Goldberg/Lesnar was perfectly booked, and Goldberg's booking for this entire run in WWE has been pretty loving fantastic too. I loved the poo poo out of their Mania match.

I was worried when I heard they were doing an actual match, but them spending 5 minutes just spamming finishers was amazing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Same

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

"Man Monday is gonna loving suck"

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Me as well

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Mania definitely peaked at the ladder match, but I mean unless Roman was made fun of and squashed by Undertaker merciless the return of team extreme was always going to be the high water mark. Better than last year, still.

gently caress this guy

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

the top knot of victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

roman's napping

• Locked thread