Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Fruits of the sea posted:

Oh dang. Yeah.

Apparently I bought it in a steam sale at some point. Is this one of those games that needs patches/restored content mods?

The last time I checked it was near unplayable without a fan patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

taint toucher posted:

The last time I checked it was near unplayable without a fan patch.

But it's worth it.

Although I ruined the game for myself by going Malkavian on my first playthrough. Nothing compared after that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
lol if you need to be told that writing an entirely separate dialogue set for fringe character builds was a huge resource-sink, but I can't wait for them to come back in the post-scarcity world of tomorrow.
The V:TM:BL fanpatch I played went above and beyond. Rather than unearthing unimplemented content that sat there in the files, they built whole mission trees and levels out of whole cloth. I mean, those missions sucked but still, lot of work to put in.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I could probably dig through and find this info myself, but is PST:EE going to be on Android too?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

bike tory posted:

I could probably dig through and find this info myself, but is PST:EE going to be on Android too?

Yup.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Who owns rights to Arcanum? I'd also be all over an Enhanced Edition of that, if it could ever become a thing.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

BadAstronaut posted:

Who owns rights to Arcanum? I'd also be all over an Enhanced Edition of that, if it could ever become a thing.

Activision.

Obsidian's Feargus has mentioned a couple of times in interviews that he's asked them about doing something with the IP several times. Seems like they'd rather just let it rot. I doubt they'd see enough profit in an EE to bother with it.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

The problem with Arcanum is also, as much as I love it myself, that it isn't and never was a very good game. BG/IWD/PST were, all weak points considered, almost AAA in scope and quality, and Arcanum was dated even back then and fumbled almost all of its merits. I honestly don't think any kind of revival is ever going to happen, save for maybe leveraging the name for something different, Prey style.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Schurik posted:

The problem with Arcanum is also, as much as I love it myself, that it isn't and never was a very good game.

:getout:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Also if Activision have the rights, they're probably looking out for anyone trying a spiritual sequel to sue for a payout.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Look, a lot of aspects about it are brilliant and timeless, but they're wrapped in a game that's shoddy and broken in just as many. I love it, but a remaster wouldn't be enough by a mile. Remaster or bust.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Schurik posted:

Look, a lot of aspects about it are brilliant and timeless, but they're wrapped in a game that's shoddy and broken in just as many. I love it, but a remaster wouldn't be enough by a mile. Remaster or bust.

Truth

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I also meant remake or bust, but I think I got my point across.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
PST: EE is out now.

Also the other IE games are 32 bit apps on iOS and will subsequently stop working when iOS 11 releases in September. Hopefully they will be updated before then :tinfoil:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Convex posted:

PST: EE is out now.

Also the other IE games are 32 bit apps on iOS and will subsequently stop working when iOS 11 releases in September. Hopefully they will be updated before then :tinfoil:

workin' on it now

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
also have some more steam keys because pstee is real good

88VR6-4WLXX-ZPF5H
4V2J3-G6MLC-TTA2L
E4K7Y-VZJT6-WR3DC
EAK39-JV6GC-BL39V
MHAQE-2QI8W-L50ID

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Kirk posted:

MHAQE-2QI8W-L50ID

Snagged this one, thank you, this is awesome and you're awesome.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Kirk posted:

E4K7Y-VZJT6-WR3DC

Took this one, thank you.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Grabbed the second code. Thanks so much.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Kirk posted:

88VR6-4WLXX-ZPF5H
Holy poo poo, thank you so much.

One of my favorite RPGs of all time, I can't wait.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Missed again. Looks like they are gone.

Thank you for posting them.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Hey Kirk, FYI the Mac .pkg installer does some weird poo poo on El Capitan 11.6. Near the end of the package installation it opens a Finder window with no dialog or obvious reason why. It's actually asking you for the installation directory, which you have to navigate to manually and click "Choose" to finish the installation. If you cancel out of it, the installer reports an error.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Hey Kirk, FYI the Mac .pkg installer does some weird poo poo on El Capitan 11.6. Near the end of the package installation it opens a Finder window with no dialog or obvious reason why. It's actually asking you for the installation directory, which you have to navigate to manually and click "Choose" to finish the installation. If you cancel out of it, the installer reports an error.

Weird, i'll pass it along to QA. Thanks.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
OH Holy poo poo! I didn't realize the iOS version was out too! OMGOMGOMG

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Now I just have to wait for Unfinished Business to get remade for this version.

If I knew how I'd email Qwimm to see if he's already working on it or if he's going to leave it to others this time around.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there an equivalent ctrl+shift+8 stat cheat for PS:T character creation?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kirk posted:

workin' on it now

Thanks!

dammit i missed the pst:ee keys again

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I paid good money for a discounted GOG version. Looking forward to this!

I see they have a sale on beamdog games but it's not on beamdog itself, right? That's where i own bg1 and 2. Keen to get Siege of Dragonspear - do Beamdog do sales on their platform? There's no way to get a steam or gog key if one owns them on beamdog is there?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is there an equivalent ctrl+shift+8 stat cheat for PS:T character creation?

Pretty sure there isn't, not that you'd need one anyway!

I'm sure a compatible save game editor will pop up sooner or later.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
With the release of the Enhanced Edition of PS:T, I have resolved to finally play through the Baldur's Gate games. To that end, I have a couple of questions:

1) Last time I played was shortly after the Enhanced Edition came out, and apparently it's a version 2.3 now. Any interesting changes I should know about?

2) How is Siege of Dragonspear? Should I play through it between the two games, or just skip it?

3) Any interesting BG1 mods? I know of a bunch for BG2, but, other then the NPC Project and maybe SCS, I can't remember anything interesting for BG1.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The NPC project is generally bad because the writing varies wildly in quality and you shouldn't install a difficulty enhancing mod like SCS when you never beat the game before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Taran_Wanderer posted:

With the release of the Enhanced Edition of PS:T, I have resolved to finally play through the Baldur's Gate games. To that end, I have a couple of questions:

1) Last time I played was shortly after the Enhanced Edition came out, and apparently it's a version 2.3 now. Any interesting changes I should know about?

2) How is Siege of Dragonspear? Should I play through it between the two games, or just skip it?

3) Any interesting BG1 mods? I know of a bunch for BG2, but, other then the NPC Project and maybe SCS, I can't remember anything interesting for BG1.

Siege is fun. Worth playing through at least once.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

1. No big changes from the original EE release. They fixed a bunch of bugs and polished the UI a bit.

2. Siege of Dragonspear is actually pretty good, I'd recommend it. I think it added maybe 9 hours to my playthrough? The writing and encounter design mimics that of Baldur's Gate 2 instead of BG1, meaning there's more dialogue and the level design is more intricate. You will start BG2 a couple levels higher than otherwise, but that's probably a plus if its your first time playing through the games. Common complaint about Dragonspear is that it is linear instead of open world.

3. NPC project wavers between excellent and abysmal, as there are different writers for different npcs.The party members in unmodded BG1 are almost completely silent, unlike Dragonspear and BG2. If you prefer the traditional Bioware chatty npc experience I would recommend it, just for the love of god, don't install the optional romance content. Nothing else really jumps out. Unfinished Business adds some very minor quests that are ok. I hesitate to recommend SCS to someone who hasn't beaten the games. Not because of difficulty, but because the AI will use spells and tactics that most players don't discover until late in the series, so you'll likely be left having to google or ask in the thread wtf is going on to proceed.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Well, I killed the idiot in PS:T that curses you with hiccups. And I don't have a save from before that. And I'm on PS:T enhanced edition for mac. gently caress.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Sounds like you need to live out your miserable cursed eternity in the hive as an NPC quest giver aka Reekwind.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Sidequest: build the best haunted house ever to SCARE your next incarnations' HICCUPS away!

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I auto-dropped the decanter of endless water when my inventory is full and now have no idea where it is. On iOS. Quick saves filled all my manual saves. So I guess I'm starting over.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Fruits of the sea posted:

1. No big changes from the original EE release. They fixed a bunch of bugs and polished the UI a bit.

2. Siege of Dragonspear is actually pretty good, I'd recommend it. I think it added maybe 9 hours to my playthrough? The writing and encounter design mimics that of Baldur's Gate 2 instead of BG1, meaning there's more dialogue and the level design is more intricate. You will start BG2 a couple levels higher than otherwise, but that's probably a plus if its your first time playing through the games. Common complaint about Dragonspear is that it is linear instead of open world.

3. NPC project wavers between excellent and abysmal, as there are different writers for different npcs.The party members in unmodded BG1 are almost completely silent, unlike Dragonspear and BG2. If you prefer the traditional Bioware chatty npc experience I would recommend it, just for the love of god, don't install the optional romance content. Nothing else really jumps out. Unfinished Business adds some very minor quests that are ok. I hesitate to recommend SCS to someone who hasn't beaten the games. Not because of difficulty, but because the AI will use spells and tactics that most players don't discover until late in the series, so you'll likely be left having to google or ask in the thread wtf is going on to proceed.

Sounds good. Thanks guys!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I played BG1:EE before the last patch dropped, and there was one broken quest that they fixed. It was the one in Baldur's Gate (the city, I mean) which has to do with Coran's daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

virinvictus posted:

I auto-dropped the decanter of endless water when my inventory is full and now have no idea where it is. On iOS. Quick saves filled all my manual saves. So I guess I'm starting over.

You can beat the game without it, it cuts you out of a very small amount of content you can't recruit the burning man, but he doesn't have that much story associated with him.