Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Is Sami going to continue the tradition and destroy the trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

So why isn't she being jobbed out in a humiliating manner? Or did she tell Vince her hometown was somewhere else?

You've gotta give the crowd some small glimmer of hope during the long march of despair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

So why isn't she being jobbed out in a humiliating manner? Or did she tell Vince her hometown was somewhere else?

Hometown curtain jerking is allowed to win.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: hosed up

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 2, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Midnightghoul posted:

Is Sami going to continue the tradition and destroy the trophy

I'm guessing Braun smashes it over his head, just to ensure that Sami doesn't actually get over.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Chris James 2 posted:

Even Ryder got to win a belt at Mania in his hometown

That Texas native, Longhorn Iced-Z

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ross is scheduled to call the taker reigns Match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YES

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Well betting the field really was a good bet for the battle royale.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

edit. wrong thread.
how bout them betting odds huh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I was wronk about Shaq too.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I've already lost thousands of dollars because of these incorrect betting lines

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Mania is bad for betting odds since the decisions can be made at the last second it seems

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Mania is bad for betting odds since the decisions can be made at the last second it seems

Except last year when we swore they would change from being uniformly the wrong outcome and not a single one did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Last year was incredible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shellman posted:

Except last year when we swore they would change from being uniformly the wrong outcome and not a single one did.

Reading back through the spoilers thread after WM last year was incredible.

That Mojo win was weird, and obviously Gronk fueled. Rovert do you know how last minute that was? Especially considering how quickly security rushed to cut off Gronk like he was actually a fan jumping the barricade before the refs intervened and got them to back off.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The guard that stopped Gronk was the same that stopped Maryse last year. They knew.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Benne posted:

[code]
Sami Zayn -145
Braun Strowman +155
Big Show +1200
Nobody else close

I hope someone made an insane amount of money by betting on Mojo goddamn Rawley.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Any word on if all of the Progress wrestlers signed the WWEUK deals? Jimmy Havoc tweeted about passing a physical, so I think we can take it for granted the report about them being offered deals was true.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Karmine posted:

I hope someone made an insane amount of money by betting on Mojo goddamn Rawley.

Nobody is taking big money bets on wrestling. They offer the bets for the publicity and because even with a few insiders making bets they rarely lose anything, but they're not stupid.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Nobody is taking big money bets on wrestling. They offer the bets for the publicity and because even with a few insiders making bets they rarely lose anything, but they're not stupid.

Isn't there a maximum bet for most of the sites that offer WWE betting? I think it's like 50 or 100 bucks?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So Balor is definitely returning tonight, right?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't there a maximum bet for most of the sites that offer WWE betting? I think it's like 50 or 100 bucks?

I remember seeing some guy bet like 35k on The Undertaker to win at Wrestlemania 30.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Corzaa posted:

I remember seeing some guy bet like 35k on The Undertaker to win at Wrestlemania 30.

...didn't that turn out to be fake?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

...didn't that turn out to be fake?

Could have been. I don't remember seeing that part of it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Yes

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Professor Funk posted:

So Balor is definitely returning tonight, right?

Being lame and answering my own question, but according to twitter Balor is at the arena for tonight, etc. etc. so this is pretty much confirmed.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Being lame and answering my own question, but according to twitter Balor is at the arena for tonight, etc. etc. so this is pretty much confirmed.

Yeah I just went 6 to midnight.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I mean I'm willing to guess that nobody put any money on Mojo Rawley but that there exists the possibility that someone woke up richer today, even by a single dollar, than they were yesterday because the Other Hype Bro inexplicably won a battle royal is amusing to me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah I just went 6 to midnight.

So did WWE and look what happened

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

:holymoley:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That Luigi Thirty guy...he's good. He's really good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/willh94/status/849769361783087105

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's he being thanked for

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super No Vacancy posted:

what's he being thanked for

HHH

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT tapings

quote:

— Dark Match: Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins defeated Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli.

— There is reportedly a new intro video and theme song for NXT. RIP lasers, let’s hope.

1. Aleister Black defeated Corey Hollis. Black used the same “rise from the dead” entrance he used at TakeOver. He got the win by pinfall after hitting the Black Mass (spinning kick).

— Tye Dillinger gave a backstage interview. He said he’s very happy to be on Smackdown, but he has unfinished business with Eric Young. He challenged Young to a steel cage match “next week.”

2. #DIY defeated Dylan Miley and Michael Richard Blaze. Gargano and Ciampa won via pinfall after hitting Meet in the Middle. After the match, Miley beat down his own partner out of frustration.

3. Ruby Riot defeated Kimberly Frankele. Riot’s opponent was Kimber Lee wrestling under her real name. Nikki Cross came out during the match to distract Riot and allow Frankele to take over, but Riot still picked up the win and stared down Cross afterward.

4. Andrade “Cien” Almas defeated Danny Burch. Almas won with the hammerlock DDT.

5. Drew McIntyre defeated Oney Lorcan. This was McIntyre’s return match. He got the pin after hitting a running big boot that reportedly busted Lorcan open.

— After the match, McIntyre cut a promo saying he could have gone to Raw or Smackdown, but he wanted to come to NXT. He’s here for the NXT Championship, and he’s willing to run through everyone on the roster to get it.

— Shinsuke Nakamura came out to address the crowd. He said one year ago, he came to NXT because he wanted to prove himself against the best in the world. He said NXT is its own brand, and that he will always be NXT because “we are NXT.” The entire roster came to the stage and gave him a standing ovation, including Triple H and Finn Bálor. Nakamura ran around the arena filming the crowd on his phone as his theme played.

6. The Authors of Pain defeated Kassius Ohno and Roderick Strong. The Authors pinned Ohno after hitting him with The Last Chapter.

7. Jeet Rama defeated John Skyler. This may or may not have been a dark match. Jeet won with a suplex into a side slam.

— Bobby Roode came out for a promo and took credit for selling out the Amway Center. He’s sick of the sendoff Nakamura got, because he’s the champ and this is his company. You can either be part of his NXT or get lost. He was interrupted by Hideo Itami, who got into the ring and got in Roode’s face. Hideo slapped Roode and Roode took his jacket off, but Itami hit him with the Go 2 Sleep. Itami picked up the belt, then threw it at Roode and left the ring.

8. WWE United Kingdom Championship Match: Tyler Bate (c) defeated Jack Gallagher. Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Wolfgang, and Trent Seven were at ringside for the match. Bate hit the Tyler Driver 97 for the win.

9. Liv Morgan and Aliyah defeated Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. Aliyah got a rollup pin to give her team the victory.

— Nikki Cross asked Ruby Riot to come out, and said they can be friends. Ruby came out and the two women brawled until they were separated by officials.

10. Drew McIntyre defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas. McIntyre again got the pin after the running kick.

11. Aleister Black defeated Kona Reeves. Black won with the Black Mass.

— Ruby Riot came to the ring for a match, but as she entered the ring, she was attacked from behind by Nikki Cross. The two brawled again and Ruby gave Nikki a suplex onto the ramp. They are once again separated by officials, who carried Nikki away.

12. Steel Cage Match: Tye Dillinger defeated Eric Young. Dillinger won by escaping the cage. Dillinger celebrated with Ohno, Strong, and Riot after the match, and gave the crowd a farewell speech. The crowd chanted “THANK YOU TYE” for him. He told Eric Young that he and SAnitY are even now, and he told the NXT crowd that he would never have made the Smackdown roster if it weren’t for them.

Setting the over/under on 4 weeks before Hideo gets injured again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP Drew "Broken Dreams" McIntyre. An entrance theme I'll never forget :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God Terry Taylor sucks and I wish he didn't have influence on NXT booking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
really don't like both Lorcan and Almas getting beat by Drew, wish they were doing more to build those dudes up :(

the harsh divide between "main event" and "midcard" nxt is brutal for the booking. I really wish we had more undercard challengers to the top belt, makes the champion's reign way more meaningful and allows people to lose great matches and stay over. like, apollo crews's best moment in wwe so far was his match with finn, do more of that please

other than that, I'm pretty stoked to watch the next few weeks of NXT, since even the booking I don't like sounds it lead to some solid matches