Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah, I miscount. It's 1000+1000+4000.

Unless you're saying Camilla isn't going to win.

They're reworking rewards, it's literally one of the two things promised by the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A rational person who wanted good characters would spend their orbs on the pegasus or wyvern banner

I am not a rational person, and I want bunnies

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I want bunnies

:same:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They didn't mention that for this event? I just did the calculations from the information in the announcement.

Also I have all the characters in the flying banners already. Still holding on for bunny Xander.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Battling Nabarl is gonna have some good characters on it too but...bunnies

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

A rational person who wanted good characters would spend their orbs on the pegasus or wyvern banner

I am not a rational person, and I want bunnies

a rational person doesn't bother with pegasus or wyverns because they suuuuuuuuck

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

They didn't mention that for this event? I just did the calculations from the information in the announcement.

Also I have all the characters in the flying banners already. Still holding on for bunny Xander.

That's a link to the voting gauntlet explanation from the prince v princess gauntlet. They have a bullet point where they say they reworked the reward structures.

The White Dragon posted:

a rational person doesn't bother with pegasus or wyverns because they suuuuuuuuck

i can't wait for all the vantage takumis to poo poo up this voting gauntlet. (fliers are good tho')

akulanization fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 3, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

I've been warming up to Minerva I rolled off the ninian banner, she hits like a very fast freight train

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Looks like I've got a Gunter and a Jagen now. Who are better recipients of their cavalry-boosting skills, and who makes a good teammate to receive them?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

actually, fliers, and pegasus knights especially, are extremely cool

but not as cool as bunnies

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I pulled a Beruka from the pegasus knight banner. I have not pulled any pegasus knights from it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

"I don't really need fliers or wyvern riders, may as well roll on Spring Festival for something different"

:argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Minerva is good and strong and my friend actually.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I pulled a Beruka from the pegasus knight banner. I have not pulled any pegasus knights from it.

Why are you pulling green orbs from a pool without a green focus?

I spent my remaining 15 orbs in the pegasus banner hoping to get a brave lance for effie. Got a 5* subaki and two 4* Odins instead. Quick riposte 3 and more moonbows is alright.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

poo poo So i was rerolling last night and getting 46 Orbs a go, rerolled this morning and got half, bugger
Well time to play i guess, is my boy Jaffar in this game?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

poo poo So i was rerolling last night and getting 46 Orbs a go, rerolled this morning and got half, bugger

get some loving bunnies my lad

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Andrast posted:

Why are you pulling green orbs from a pool without a green focus?

Because I don't only want the focus units.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Looks like I've got a Gunter and a Jagen now. Who are better recipients of their cavalry-boosting skills, and who makes a good teammate to receive them?

Well your *blade candidates are Olwen, Reinhardt, Ursula, and Cecilia. Of those the best are Olwen and Ursula, with Olwen being faster and Ursula having higher attack and native death blow. Reinhardt with Dire Thunder is already one of the killingest mages in the game, and he loves any extra attack he can get. Beyond that you're looking at like Able, Frederick, Eliwood (5* only), and Gunter being your heavy hitters. I like Gunter and I wouldn't melt him down for parts, he has sweet art. Jagen's buff goes wherever you have the SP to put it, I ended up with it on a cavalry healer. My cav team is Olwen (blade tome), Reinhardt (with death blow), Gunter (inherited Luna, Hone cav), and Priscilla (Fortify cav); I've never used it in the arena so I can't say how optimal it is, but it's fun to stomp things into oblivion with the mages.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

The only flier worth rolling for is Hinoka because she actually makes the endless streams of otherwise comprehensively useless fliers worthwhile

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Because I don't only want the focus units.

You have a really low chance to get a 5* from a color that doesn't have a focus unit

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Finally I can spend orbs again. Was up over 230.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Jaffar is in this game, yes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I need to farm 1725 SP (and 22000 feathers) to get Bunny Lucina the skills I want

Time to get to work I guess

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I had a hinoka since day 1, she kills Takumi

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

get some loving bunnies my lad
I got the tittymonster on the dragon that throws eggs, get in

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

akulanization posted:

Well your *blade candidates are Olwen, Reinhardt, Ursula, and Cecilia. Of those the best are Olwen and Ursula, with Olwen being faster and Ursula having higher attack and native death blow. Reinhardt with Dire Thunder is already one of the killingest mages in the game, and he loves any extra attack he can get. Beyond that you're looking at like Able, Frederick, Eliwood (5* only), and Gunter being your heavy hitters. I like Gunter and I wouldn't melt him down for parts, he has sweet art. Jagen's buff goes wherever you have the SP to put it, I ended up with it on a cavalry healer. My cav team is Olwen (blade tome), Reinhardt (with death blow), Gunter (inherited Luna, Hone cav), and Priscilla (Fortify cav); I've never used it in the arena so I can't say how optimal it is, but it's fun to stomp things into oblivion with the mages.

Cool, thanks. I actually have a Reinhardt, though he's -Atk, and I've been holding onto an Odin in search of a recipient for his tone. I like the idea of putting one of these buffs on a healer, also.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Minerva is good and strong and my friend actually.

this is what i thought about camilla but then i got to the maps with pillars on

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I think I'd like Minerva and Hinoka a lot more if mine weren't -ATK. That just seems so terrible on those two.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Got a 5* Fae doing the single roll to get out of bad colour RNG on the blue flier banner and then first roll was a 5* Ephraim on the only blue in the next one

:confused:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Random continues to be random.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cpaf posted:

Got a 5* Fae doing the single roll to get out of bad colour RNG on the blue flier banner and then first roll was a 5* Ephraim on the only blue in the next one

I guess you're getting prepped for Dragon Emblem, and hey, you have a good foot lance user now! (without having to promote Shareena) Could be worse!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cpaf posted:

Sometimes luck happens.

The White Dragon posted:

this is what i thought about camilla but then i got to the maps with pillars on

Luckily Minerva is better.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Decided to do a couple pulls on the new banners since the 5* rate is super high if you just pull for the focus color. Ended up getting an off-banner Effie (my second!) and Linde before scoring a Camilla and Hinoka. 80 orbs well spent.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
ffs 5* +Spd -Def Tharja from a "buy one more and the % goes up for the next field" roll

This is the worst!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

ffs 5* +Spd -Def Tharja from a "buy one more and the % goes up for the next field" roll

This is the worst!

Oh no you got a really good unit, how horrible

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Oh no you got a really good unit, how horrible

Thanks.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Went in hard hoping for a Hinoka.

Came away with my 5*s being Subaki and CorrinM, both which I already have. CorrinM doesn't even give anything good for inheritance other than Dragon Fang, so... I guess he's feather trash?

Also got a whole bunch of units that aren't great even for inheritance - three Ests, two Florinas, three Firs. Did get three Hanas, so I guess that's Life and Death fodder.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 3, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
People really like Ardent Sacrifice and Darting Blow though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Darting Blow is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
5* -Atk Subaki

Come on, bro.