Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Dale as a hippy in the Halloween flashback is perfect.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

King Possum III posted:

"Yes, of course it's name brand soda. It is MegaLo Mart Private Stock."

I've seen every episode many times, and I don't think the series ever showed Hank's actual birth in the ladies' room at Yankee Stadium.

I mean the scene where he finds out that's what happened

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
His shoes have tassels Hank

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
So here's my question/irritation - what the heck happens with Bill dating Kahn's mom? There's one indirect mention of it in the episode following, and then it's entirely dropped. You can't end an episode with a dramatic reconciliation thing and then just wipe it out immediately with TV logic.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You say they can't do that, but they did. That is what happens.

It's a little error in a show that was usually down with continuity and context, but what did you expect?

A happy and together Bill would have been a tough character to love and accept. He's only a good person when he's an object of pity. Any time he gets a hint of power or something he automatically becomes terrible.

Think about his line where he's talking about how he's been on a bunch of juries and every time he was they all did "their duty" which he considers to be a conviction. That's terrifying.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We had the pest guy in at work today and he was investigating the mouse situation. He reeked so bad of smokes its like he hasnt washed his clothes for a year. A lady goes to him "Is it possible the mice are coming in the truck from the warehouse" and he paused for a second and went "Entirely possible"

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Bobby dancing in the middle of the road with headphones blaring and his eyes closed is pretty infuriating. Hank however is practically parodying himself on this episode too. He takes all of Bobby's stuff and hides it leaving his room completely barren and starts taking him to Amish themed or run places. While Hank never approved of Bobby and most of what he has done he never went so far a short to take every ounce of media away from him including video games.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i like how someone gave me poo poo for liking a hot dog competition episode because it was a "fad"

every loving KOTH episode used mainstream stuff like that to set a plot around, like any other sitcom. but its a weak point that is acceptable because god dang it bobby, its king of the hill

Strudel Man posted:

So here's my question/irritation - what the heck happens with Bill dating Kahn's mom? There's one indirect mention of it in the episode following, and then it's entirely dropped. You can't end an episode with a dramatic reconciliation thing and then just wipe it out immediately with TV logic.

yes you can. and also if you want logic: who cares, it's bill. his feelings do not matter, nor does his life 99% of the time

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 3, 2017

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He's only a good person when he's an object of pity. Any time he gets a hint of power or something he automatically becomes terrible.

These are my favorite kinds of characters in fiction. Tom from Tom Goes to the Mayor is another example.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

He's only a good person when he's an object of pity. Any time he gets a hint of power or something he automatically becomes terrible.

So he's a mod in these forums?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Bill is a more sober g narly.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Watching the Driving School episode and "The Flyin' Hawaiian's" mom is Hank's insurance adjuster.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I really liked Peggy's brief tenure at the local newspaper. That she had to at one point pay for ad space to keep her "musings" in it at all is so perfectly depressing and real. Then the guy in the eye patch later shows up with his partner for the murder mystery on the train episode; amazing continuity.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

How could such a good cop be such a bad priest?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

I'm the guy who wears an eye patch even though he has 2 eyes.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Watching the Driving School episode and "The Flyin' Hawaiian's" mom is Hank's insurance adjuster.

The lady who voices the highschool teacher that's a bitch to Peggy in that episode is a good friend of mine named Natalie. She was also the mom in Sling Blade and October Skies - once Jake Gyllenhal called her on her birthday and I talked to him. Thanks for listening, that's my story.

E: I think that was the Flyin' Hawaiian episode at least.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm the guy who wears an eye patch even though he has 2 eyes.

maybe his other eye is photophobic

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Two Free Toppings posted:

The lady who voices the highschool teacher that's a bitch to Peggy in that episode is a good friend of mine named Natalie. She was also the mom in Sling Blade and October Skies - once Jake Gyllenhal called her on her birthday and I talked to him. Thanks for listening, that's my story.

E: I think that was the Flyin' Hawaiian episode at least.

OK lock it up, this shitstick ruined the thread

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilvergunSuperman posted:

OK lock it up, this shitstick ruined the thread

shush it bitch

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

paul_soccer10 posted:

shush it bitch

Let me tell you a story you'll all enjoy from my personal life, about a bitch!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The only woman I'm pimpin' is Sweet Lady Propane, and I'm trickin' her out all over this town.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
two free toppings have you had sex with your good friend natalie from king of the hill

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

No, don't go away King of the Hill thread! I don't wanna go back to only hearing people hate on this show...

When I heard the IRL Big Tex had burned down I couldn't help but blurt out "bwaaaaaaaaa!".

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
A series? Are you suggesting I break the law?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I tried to find an example of Bill's pathetic mewling, which is my favourite, but failed.

This isn't bad though

https://youtu.be/XWggcroZpCo

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
"How about ginseng?"

"I'm not getting hopped up on goofballs!"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"I feel so alive with pleasure!

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

The episode where everyone takes up cigarettes is like a brilliant short film. It would be right at home in a Spike & Mike compilation.

(From a different episode)
"Oh, but I thought you quit smoking, Hank! Because cigarettes cause deeeath... They do you know, so go easy on 'em."

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Think about his line where he's talking about how he's been on a bunch of juries and every time he was they all did "their duty" which he considers to be a conviction. That's terrifying.

I always thought this was a kind of back handed jab at the Texas judicial system and the culture surrounding it that leads so many juries to give the death sentence. Like, it wasn't intended to indicate that Bill is a bad person but that the way many people in Texas perceive their duty as jurors is horrifying.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The episode where everyone takes up cigarettes is like a brilliant short film. It would be right at home in a Spike & Mike compilation.

"Oh, but I thought you quit smoking, Hank! Because cigarettes cause deeeath... They do you know, so go easy on 'em."

"Well you should all add an extra step: off your high horse!"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Lol @ the scene where Peggy is caught smoking in a closet and says,

"Can't you see that I am knitting?"

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

No show in either Groening's nor MacFarlane's catalog would ever have the cajones to do the smoking episode. It's too honest about the real social side of a politicized idea. The closest we get on The Simpsons is Marge's sisters being hags who chain smoke. But even that's washed out by never having real repurcussions.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Could you gentlemen spare a beer for a lady?"

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I was watching S10 (I think) last night, the one where Peggy unknowingly befriends what I believe is supposed to be someone that's trans. (The episode uses a fairly dated method of presenting the character, but this was what, 1999?)

Anyways, in that episode, when they're describing the clothing party in which people yell "dibs" to claim which article they want, Minh says "kind of like a key party?...So I've heard" and they blow right past it.

So apparently Kahn and Minh are/were swingers.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I was watching S10 (I think) last night, the one where Peggy unknowingly befriends what I believe is supposed to be someone that's trans.

Carolyn was a transvestite/drag queen/cross dresser. She wasn't transgender, for which "trans" is shorthand.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I was watching S10 (I think) last night, the one where Peggy unknowingly befriends what I believe is supposed to be someone that's trans. (The episode uses a fairly dated method of presenting the character, but this was what, 1999?)

Anyways, in that episode, when they're describing the clothing party in which people yell "dibs" to claim which article they want, Minh says "kind of like a key party?...So I've heard" and they blow right past it.

So apparently Kahn and Minh are/were swingers.

Hell yeah, Minh

Get out of that car-toon

and get in to my dreams

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

King Possum III posted:

"Could you gentlemen spare a beer for a lady?"

Did they do these for any other episodes or is this a one-off thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.