Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Whenever I decide to put off sidequests for awhile I end up beating the game. Whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm thinking of sacrificing my save file and starting over fresh on hard cause I was OP after hour 6 of the game and nothing was even remotely challenging after that...I had to pull back on bosses just to hear all their dialogue

But I also want to be a bitch & backup my save to a usb stick first but I feel that is at odds with the entire point of the story and I could be starting my own cycle ala YoRHa??? & I would bring great shame to myself..I've ..I've never felt like this before,,this game is deep af..

on the other hand... By copying your save data, you can create a shitload of versions of you to help others. Even cheating to keep your save data from being wiped has a reasonable justification in the theme, this game's really cool

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wScHE28K8

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

trying to fit this in between zelda and p5 holy crap its good

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its like being in 1994 trying to juggle super metroid, doom and ff6 i imagine

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I love Emil's shopping song

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I finished 100%ing every Intel category in nier (well past the chieves) and earlier this month i bought noih, watch dogs 2, zelda botw and kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 thinking hell yeah video games and all I wanna do is erase my save in nier and start over,.

nier is also the only new game I've beaten in the last year.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm still on Route B and persona 5 is coming out oh no

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Going cheap on green mangaming if you log in boys

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/849292882741567488
I'm glad of him

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
oh yoko... ohhhhhh yoooooko... your game is verrrrry goooood *sung john lennonishly*

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious frankie posted:

oh yoko... ohhhhhh yoooooko... your game is verrrrry goooood *sung john lennonishly*

jesus

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Congratulations Yoko Taro!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the nier soundtrack doesn't have the THISCANNOT CONTINUE track on it wtffffff

PaulMorel
Oct 16, 2008
Will this game run on a fairly outdated gaming pc? like 5 years old pc gaming?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

PaulMorel posted:

Will this game run on a fairly outdated gaming pc? like 5 years old pc gaming?

I've got a Geforce 660 Ti and I can run it at 720p on lowest settings with the FAR mod at a fairly steady 60 FPS. If your card is any better than this then yeah no problem most likely

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Someone tried to hack into my PSN account and got it banned. :( I just wanna play NieR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Someone tried to hack into my PSN account and got it banned. :( I just wanna play NieR

drat dude the sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought about getting into WoW again when one of the expansions came out years ago and when i tried to log in some chinese guy had been using my account for gold farming so Blizzard took away my access to diablo II as well. Beijing bitch

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

drat dude the sucks

Luckily I got on the phone with PSN help and they can restore it in a couple days or so. Phew! I was afraid I had lost...EVERYTHING

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the ultimate yoko taro ending: deleting your account and destroying your console

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I played it without any updates or patches since my tag is still in limbo, and it crashes when I start toward the forest village. I just know that I am gonna gently caress up these poor nice robots lives and I already have that weighing in my soul

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

had ending b. things are heating up!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

had ending b. things are heating up!

The real NieR: Automata starts here

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

part b was eh. im hoping things change a little more now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't worry

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

bump_fn posted:

the nier soundtrack doesn't have the THISCANNOT CONTINUE track on it wtffffff

This is the bad ending.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you will regret these words

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

should I plough thrugh the story to get fast travel before tackling side quests. also when do i get witch time

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 8, 2017

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

should I plough thrugh the story to get fast travel before tackling side quests. also when do i get witch time

I'd play the story until fast travel, I don't think you miss out on anything.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yah

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The over clock chip gives you witch time. I didn't find one until I met a certain vendor you'll find later in the story

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fredrik1 posted:

I'd play the story until fast travel, I don't think you miss out on anything.

Fast travel is the teleport between save points right?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

c part i can't get 2b to the commercial facility she keeps dying. this part is really tedious and aggravating since you have to start at the loving beginning each time

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

nvm i figured it out. its the best game of the year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died twice on that part and wanted to throw my controller at the wall and I only got past it on my third time accidentally

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

Fast travel is the teleport between save points right?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/zandravandra/status/850863577900646400

• Locked thread