Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought I remembered using the rifle spear at some point and yes I did actually play this whole game with it once and I have a video on my youtube channel pwning amelia in like 45 seconds, whoops. So maybe this wont be too bad.

This random weapon thing is a good time. its a fun way to mix up levels ive played many many times over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Cleric and Gascoigne down. Cleric is a slugfest, it's got so much dang health and I almost always just skip that fight. These early fights don't really matter what the weapons are but BSB with a cleaver will be manageable. I'll probably also be getting pretty cheesy with item strats on bosses because I'll usually have really low level weapons
I love the Cleric Beast. I think I have the entire thing memorized, for some reason when I first started the game I just sat there for like three hours learning all its poo poo. When I restarted I beat it on my first go.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well poo poo, I'm going to go do that. I've tied like 10 times in a row to the Watchdog's stupid charge attacks, and while I'm sure that it's the Bloodborne version of the Chrysalis I'd still like to do something else.

*fau trying to dodge the watchdog* No... I can't do it!

Dec 26, 2012

amelia with rifle spear is super easy because she gets owned hard by its transformed R2

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Just thinkin bout Bloodborne's amazing soundtrack.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

an image 'leaked' of a bloodborne 2 poster but i dont believe it..miyazaki said it'd never happen and he also said he was done with souls and souls-likes after DS3

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i remember him saying he wasnt doing more dark souls but i dont remember him saying anything about never doing anything like souls again. either way the poster is probably just some conceptart.org users college homework

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I hope if they ever do make a sequel they can find some way to recreate the feeling you get when you figure out the real story isn't about werewolves

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
bloodborne 2 will probably never happen

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

an image 'leaked' of a bloodborne 2 poster but i dont believe it..miyazaki said it'd never happen and he also said he was done with souls and souls-likes after DS3

where's the image?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

where's the image?

There have been a couple, but this is the most recent I think:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cannonballoon posted:

There have been a couple, but this is the most recent I think:

thats a joke picture, the person who made it is fiendishly trolling for the lulz

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it looks like they added chromatic aberration to it, which is even better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even if they made a Bloodborne II the logo would never look that bad

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd rather see miyazaki head a completely new project, despite bloodborne being one of the best games ever made

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
a souls-style game that takes place in the jungle

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

an armored core game tht runs on the souls engine and has very in-depth mech customization

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Fungah! posted:

an armored core game tht runs on the souls engine and has very in-depth mech customization

This but it's Metal Wolf Chaos

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a sci-fi souls game set aon a generation ship thats gone insane and mutated all th people into freaks and monsters nd you're pursued by a relly huge hosed up one the whole time

respawns in tht one ate a cloning machine tht makes a new copy ofy ou whenever you die

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a sequel to frame gride tht a) is more in-depth and b) comes out overh ere so i dont have to wait for some bnumb nuts named darkkakkarot or w/e to translate the 15 words in it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

a sci-fi souls game set aon a generation ship thats gone insane and mutated all th people into freaks and monsters nd you're pursued by a relly huge hosed up one the whole time

respawns in tht one ate a cloning machine tht makes a new copy ofy ou whenever you die

this, w/ armored core style gear customization is what i really, really want

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
after i get done w/ work tonight i'm going to do the next step of my new ARC/STR guy, which i believe is bloodstarved beast. i'm hoping that people still want help co-oping him, because that's one of my fav fights to be summoned for.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

It's hard to imagine what Bloodborne 2 would even be, but all I know is I want it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about a Souls game that is exactly the same as Dark Souls II but you can climb towers to mark side quests on a map.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd love a Bloodborne II!

[monkey paw finger curls as Miyazaki struts into the From Software Main Meeting Room and writes "class based shooter" on the whiteboard]

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

How about a Souls game that is exactly the same as Dark Souls II but you can climb towers to mark side quests on a map.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I'd love a Bloodborne II!

[monkey paw finger curls as Miyazaki struts into the From Software Main Meeting Room and writes "class based shooter" on the whiteboard]
YOU WERE FRAGGED
by Despicable_Wheelchair

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna stream more of my random weapon run after dinner

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going live in a little https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The stake driver is actually kind of cool now that I'm using it for the first time ever

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Yes I too have played system shock

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

In Training posted:

The stake driver is actually kind of cool now that I'm using it for the first time ever

The most powerful move in the game is hard to resist

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

replaying dark souls 3 and man I'm starting to miss how unique and fun all the different weapons in bloodborne felt

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've been deliberately holding off on replaying BB until I finish a run in DS3 with all the DLC

because I know if I do a BB run right before I'll just be disappointed when I get to DS3

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Oh Long Johnson posted:

I hope if they ever do make a sequel they can find some way to recreate the feeling you get when you figure out the real story isn't about werewolves

Impossible. The feeling of stepping out and seeing the insane nightmare world after killing Rom for the first time is one of the greatest moments in gaming of all frickin time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Hi Bloodborne thread,

just popping in to say today is the one year anniversary of when Maria destroyed me so thoroughly and repeatedly that I broke several wooden swords over my knee and deleted Bloodborne from my hard drive.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hahaha

Dec 26, 2012

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone