Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
A Song of Titan and Fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Fightin' Titans

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Remember the Titans?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Clash of the Titanfall of Olympus

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Goatee Jack and the Giant roberts

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The proper abbreviation is TiFa 2

I'm into this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really wish Bethesda had capitalised on DOOM's success and made a single player expansion pack 😭

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I really wish Bethesda had capitalised on DOOM's success and made a single player expansion pack 😭

I choose to assume they're busy preparing for the right night of the year to lure another unwitting intern into the basement in order to rip their heart out and drat their soul in exchange for a full-fledged sequel.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Attack on Fall

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Still don't know if Dark Souls 3 is

1. Bought into their own OMG ITS SO HARD advertising

2. Is a gently caress you to the fans

But got dang this dlc is loving hard. And a direct gently caress YOU in the first boss.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I've been mostly over Dark Souls since DS2. played the base campaign of 3, never played any of the DLCs after DS1's (which was awesome) but I loved the poo poo out of Bloodborne and really enjoyed the lore and style, but then again I'm a sucker for Cthulhu and steampunk.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Still don't know if Dark Souls 3 is

1. Bought into their own OMG ITS SO HARD advertising

2. Is a gently caress you to the fans

But got dang this dlc is loving hard. And a direct gently caress YOU in the first boss.

Ringed City? You can summon 2 NPCs for the first boss. Bleed is your friend. If you have Dorhy's Gnawing it makes things a lot easier.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Fuzz posted:

I've been mostly over Dark Souls since DS2. played the base campaign of 3, never played any of the DLCs after DS1's (which was awesome) but I loved the poo poo out of Bloodborne and really enjoyed the lore and style, but then again I'm a sucker for Cthulhu and steampunk.

I 100%'d DkS1 and played it for like 400 hours, but found DkS2 pretty boring and more or less got tired of DkS3 by the time I finished Anor Londo. Bloodborne was excellent but I think it mostly came down to it having its own style and not simply being More Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is great and good but 3 is just more of 1, at least for me. It doesn't do enough to really change up the style, which I think is why most people don't think 2/3 really stack up to 1. At the same time it's excellent, but it's just not exciting since it's more of the same. Hard to explain I think.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ringed City? You can summon 2 NPCs for the first boss. Bleed is your friend. If you have Dorhy's Gnawing it makes things a lot easier.

I did summon. Its part of the greater DS3 problem of some build not being as viable as others. My pyromancer just was not able to damage the boss. At all. I have a +10 backup charm and staff to turn into the other magic. But it seemed really strong against all magic. I could have gone and build a bleed weapon but drat. I ended up just plinking away and learning the moves. I couldn't beat the 1st part solo without having no estus left.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They released 5 Souls games more or less over 6-7 years. I think the series can take a break.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I did summon. Its part of the greater DS3 problem of some build not being as viable as others. My pyromancer just was not able to damage the boss. At all. I have a +10 backup charm and staff to turn into the other magic. But it seemed really strong against all magic. I could have gone and build a bleed weapon but drat. I ended up just plinking away and learning the moves. I couldn't beat the 1st part solo without having no estus left.

Yeah I'm running a NG+ Pyromancer through the DLC and that boss fight was pretty hellish

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Harlock posted:

They released 5 Souls games more or less over 6-7 years. I think the series can take a break.

A little over 8 years from Demon Souls to the 'last' dlc. drat you are right that's a lot of content.

Yeah I'm running a NG+ Pyromancer through the DLC and that boss fight was pretty hellish

If I could actually damage them with my build it would have been easier probably. My fire sword and backup moonlight sword didn't do anything. I could respect but fuuuuuuck you game making these fuckers be strong to all magic types.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I am so excited for Armored Core to come back, you guys.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Here's what we did get.

Demon's souls.
Dark souls
Artorias of the abyss expansion
Dark souls 2
Dark souls 2 Crown trilogy dlc.
Bloodborne
Dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin
Bloodborne: the old hunters
Dark souls 3
Dark souls 3: ashes of adriandral
Dark souls 3: the ringed city

Yes it's really a lot. I'm excited to see what they may announce at e3 or other trade show later this year.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A new Souls game in 5 to 6 years after copycats have come and gone and laid the groundwork for some neat new ideas will be great. As it is so far, I've no interest in touching any more of Souls 3 'cos it was all a huge stepback from Bloodborne up to where I got.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yup. Bloodborne 2 is a maybe, and a dark souls 4,well I'd still play it but it's gonna feel very stale at this point I think.

A new setting with new gameplay concepts would work well. Like how bloodborne had guns and insight.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A new Souls game in 5 to 6 years after copycats have come and gone and laid the groundwork for some neat new ideas will be great. As it is so far, I've no interest in touching any more of Souls 3 'cos it was all a huge stepback from Bloodborne up to where I got.

Hell they could learn a LOT from Nioh. The NG+ level select and everything works great. The can even dress it up in a Demon souls style nexus level select with prompts. Like bonfire ascetics but better. They already have to very good bloodborne in depth move sets. Make it more codified like Nioh where you have a 5 or so movesets categories that all the weapons fall under.

You have a good point though, every 'soulslike' makes some twists on the design so there should be a pool of variations to choose from.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Liked DS3 but didn't play the DLC. Would be up for Bloodborne 2 or a new style again from From. I guess we'll get some kind of announcement at E3?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I am super excited until I hear a dealbreaker bit of news. Like FreQuency/Kota Houshino isn't doing the music, or Kawamori isn't doing mech designs, or there's effectively infinite boost energy, or somesuch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Hell they could learn a LOT from Nioh. The NG+ level select and everything works great. The can even dress it up in a Demon souls style nexus level select with prompts. Like bonfire ascetics but better. They already have to very good bloodborne in depth move sets. Make it more codified like Nioh where you have a 5 or so movesets categories that all the weapons fall under.

You have a good point though, every 'soulslike' makes some twists on the design so there should be a pool of variations to choose from.

Nioh's open acceptance with Fashion Souls without any kind of drawbacks statistically was wonderful. I went through that entire game with the DLC red armor set because I loved the look, and I would love if any future Souls games had a straight up transmogrification system like it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Nioh's open acceptance with Fashion Souls without any kind of drawbacks statistically was wonderful. I went through that entire game with the DLC red armor set because I loved the look, and I would love if any future Souls games had a straight up transmogrification system like it.

I've yet to play it, but I heard that Xenoblade Chronicles had a really cool take on it. You had armor that you equipped for stats, but you also had vanity armor slots where you could equip armor pieces that had no statistical additions, but overrode the physical appearance of your actual armor. In short, you could have top tier armor equipped but look like you were in swimming trunks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Transmogging is legit the coolest thing I've seen about Nioh and I've watched a huge chunk of it via Twitch and stuff. There's no real excuse to not have t-mogging in games nowadays.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I forgot about that! Bloodborne went fashion souls by (mostly) having the clothes stats not matter much. Nioh got it objectively right.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Shadow225 posted:

I've yet to play it, but I heard that Xenoblade Chronicles had a really cool take on it. You had armor that you equipped for stats, but you also had vanity armor slots where you could equip armor pieces that had no statistical additions, but overrode the physical appearance of your actual armor. In short, you could have top tier armor equipped but look like you were in swimming trunks.

It's a very similar deal.

You can go to a blacksmith and pay a minuscule amount of money to change the appearance to whatever you want. The coolest part is that there's a catalog of all the possible looks and any time you get any new gear with a unique look it gets added to the catalog, so you don't even need any extra items or have to worry about slots.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Ineffiable posted:

Here's what we did get.

Demon's souls.
Dark souls
Artorias of the abyss expansion
Dark souls 2
Dark souls 2 Crown trilogy dlc.
Bloodborne
Dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin
Bloodborne: the old hunters
Dark souls 3
Dark souls 3: ashes of adriandral
Dark souls 3: the ringed city

Yes it's really a lot. I'm excited to see what they may announce at e3 or other trade show later this year.

What was the time gap between KF/Shadow Tower games and Demon's Souls?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

That does sound cool, and similar but Nioh seems let fiddly. 1 armor just change how it looks. For effectively free. It just charges money to not break immersion that the blacksmith is doing work for you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

PROTIP:

SLOSifl posted:

The solution is to trade it in for a PS4 Pro and then explain to your wife that the old one was broken and this is actually the same thing they just changed the appearance but it came with a 200 fee what can you do, I know you need your Netflix.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Policenaut posted:

With what From's learned with Souls and Bloodborne, I feel like they could make an Armored Core game that fuckin' rips.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

From should bring the Dark Souls format to where it is most needed, the anime visual novel.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

exquisite tea posted:

From should bring the Dark Souls format to where it is most needed, the anime visual novel.

Yandere Simulator already exists.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

With what From's learned with Souls and Bloodborne, I feel like they could make an Armored Core game that fuckin' rips.

I mean, they still made V and Verdict Day after they did the whole souls thing.

If anything, their success with Souls makes me worry more, that they'd have more focus on online stuff and skimp out on things like an Arena and do more of the dumb stuff V did.

Of course that said if we get to go back to Isaac City and we can be Ravens again I don't think I could contain myself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I mean, they still made V and Verdict Day after they did the whole souls thing.

If anything, their success with Souls makes me worry more, that they'd have more focus on online stuff and skimp out on things like an Arena and do more of the dumb stuff V did.

Of course that said if we get to go back to Isaac City and we can be Ravens again I don't think I could contain myself.

I hope they make Dark Cores and have players invade your single-player game with their mechs.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Coughing Hobo posted:

From what From learned from all other armored games they could make an armored game that loving rips. At least this is what I keep telling myself with every new armored core game since forever.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

From what From learned from all other armored games they could make an armored game that loving rips. At least this is what I keep telling myself with every new armored core game since forever.

I mean, they had a pretty good run of things until they had to jump ship from the PS2. They caught themselves with for Answer but then just faceplanted after that.

At least they kept making good music if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

It's a very similar deal.

You can go to a blacksmith and pay a minuscule amount of money to change the appearance to whatever you want. The coolest part is that there's a catalog of all the possible looks and any time you get any new gear with a unique look it gets added to the catalog, so you don't even need any extra items or have to worry about slots.

This was intruduced in Diablo 3 expansion and was one of the coolest things ever.